Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Northwestern Game Thread: 1/8/20 @7:00 BTN

43 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

On the eve of tonight's game, this article from si.com on Rob

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-rob-phinisee-regaining-form

In my opinion, we really REALLY need a 30 minutes per game Rob Phinisee to be a strong team.

A twenty minute per game Jerome Hunter would be nice too.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In my opinion, we really REALLY need a 30 minutes per game Rob Phinisee to be a strong team.

I may have missed it, but is Phinisee practicing much yet? Totally agree we need him out there, but wasn't sure if he's been practicing and/or healthy enough to give us that kind of minutes yet.

49 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-rob-phinisee-regaining-form

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I may have missed it, but is Phinisee practicing much yet? Totally agree we need him out there, but wasn't sure if he's been practicing and/or healthy enough to give us that kind of minutes yet.

Read the si link.

Short answer? Yes.

Rob starts to contribute and IU might–just might–have a fighting chance in the B1G. I remember when IU beat O$U at home when I think they were #2 in the country maybe, that was New Year's Eve 2011. It's doable in the Hall, just gotta get it done. 

Anybody catch this gem of a quote on Archie's radio show

“I think the ‘They can’t shoot,’ or ‘They don’t make 3s,’ I think that is complete B.S.,” Miller said on his radio show. “I think we’ll make good 3s if we deliver the ball when it’s supposed to be delivered.”

I mean on one hand what is he going to say other than defend his team that he built. On the other hand, he better not 100% believe that because he is going to have to retool this roster to get actual shooters in next season. 

We need Phinisee to play more like he did last season, at the least, but preferably an improved version.  Good to see he's fine injury wise.

If Franklin is a better shooter than his stats say, it'd be beneficial if he'd start showing it.  Hitting them in shoot around doesn't mean much if it doesn't carry over to live games though.

50 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Rob starts to contribute and IU might–just might–have a fighting chance in the B1G. I remember when IU beat O$U at home when I think they were #2 in the country maybe, that was New Year's Eve 2011. It's doable in the Hall, just gotta get it done. 

That was such an awesome atmosphere. Both of those teams were infinitely better than their respective 19-20 versions, but you’re right, no reason we can’t beat them here. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

That was such an awesome atmosphere. Both of those teams were infinitely better than their respective 19-20 versions, but you’re right, no reason we can’t beat them here. 

Definitely....almost both equally lesser teams on a sliding scale. IU teams have historically done well against ranked opponents in AH which is partially why these "easy" teams like NW scare me so much...Ark case in point.

1 hour ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Anybody catch this gem of a quote on Archie's radio show

“I think the ‘They can’t shoot,’ or ‘They don’t make 3s,’ I think that is complete B.S.,” Miller said on his radio show. “I think we’ll make good 3s if we deliver the ball when it’s supposed to be delivered.”

I mean on one hand what is he going to say other than defend his team that he built. On the other hand, he better not 100% believe that because he is going to have to retool this roster to get actual shooters in next season. 

Oh...so THAT's why we're 14/56 over the last three games? The ball just isn't getting there when it should be? 

This guy is starting to sound more like Mike Davis. His offense looks like it too. 

Game time I think would really be the best help for both. Might as well throw them into the fire and let them get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Jared Sullinger vs Cody Zeller. Zeller even fouled out late in that game and we still won.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I just really want to see Rob get back to feeling like himself again. Love his comments in the article. The prospect of a healthy/focused Phinisee have my hopes back up again, starting tonight. And man what I wouldn't give to see us saying after the game; "where has that guy been", in regards to Mr. Hunter.

I just really want to see Rob get back to feeling like himself again. Love his comments in the article. The prospect of a healthy/focused Phinisee have my hopes back up again, starting tonight. And man what I wouldn't give to see us saying after the game; "where has that guy been", in regards to Mr. Hunter.

I want to see Rob more aggressive on getting his own. That might open up more for others rather than trying to get everyone involved first.