Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

I figure that. Why play Al as a starter? No clue. He’s not good enough. Shouldn’t have been a starter this year. Hasn’t been good enough. Should have played Franklin more and built for next year and forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Franklin was often bad. Al proved to be the better option this year. Archie needed to win. Still didn’t win enough, but Al outplayed Franklin. Another reason our roster is depressing. Archie mostly played the right guys this year and few really stepped up and stole the show.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

If Durham continues to start it means we are still weak at guard and are at best a borderline tourney team. Been true for three years now.

Al Durham should not be playing 27 minutes a game like he has the last two years. He's more in the 15-20 range. However, I guess Archie didn't have a choice. I'll take Phinisee and Lander over him.  Maybe Leal or Franklin will pass Al. Nothing against him-he seems like a good guy, but he is playing way too much. 

If purdue wins the BTT, do they take IU's spot in March Madness?

If IU was the projected last team in the field then yes they would take their spot, if IU isn’t the projected last team in the field then no they wouldn’t take IU’s spot they would take the team that is the last team in the field.

IU basketball is frustrating and disappointing...I have nothing constructive to offer, just discouraged and whining about it. 

There has been a painfully slow/small amount of improvement during Archie's tenure, but I don't believe the Hoosiers to be much better off than they were under Crean. Still inconsistent. Still not enough talent to overwhelm teams, still too soft to out-tough them. We blow leads and lose home games to Arkansas,  Purdoo and Wisconsin and just can NOT bring it in the conference. The weaknesses aren't as glaring as Crean's teams (TO's, horrific defense) but the results are the same. 

I'm sure it's not as bad as I think it is, but I have a very hard time imagining this team winning more than a game in the BTT and any in the NCAA. I guess making the NCAA's is demonstrable progress. Still they are very flawed and have shown minimal growth as the year progressed. I am sad. 

IU basketball is frustrating and disappointing...I have nothing constructive to offer, just discouraged and whining about it. 
There has been a painfully slow/small amount of improvement during Archie's tenure, but I don't believe the Hoosiers to be much better off than they were under Crean. Still inconsistent. Still not enough talent to overwhelm teams, still too soft to out-tough them. We blow leads and lose home games to Arkansas,  Purdoo and Wisconsin and just can NOT bring it in the conference. The weaknesses aren't as glaring as Crean's teams (TO's, horrific defense) but the results are the same. 
I'm sure it's not as bad as I think it is, but I have a very hard time imagining this team winning more than a game in the BTT and any in the NCAA. I guess making the NCAA's is demonstrable progress. Still they are very flawed and have shown minimal growth as the year progressed. I am sad. 

I think this sums up my feelings as well. I always retain hope that we figure things out and click.

Offseasons in some way are a joy because I tend to be optimistic that we will get better and be better. This is wearing off. More of a wait and see approach. Expect the worst type of thing, hope for the best.

Lander provides some of that hope for next year, but reasonably I think we are a fringe top 25-35 type team again. I’m not certain Lander will be ready to really contribute like we will need and we need a third guy we can count on. I can’t imagine who that third guy could be.

6 minutes ago, coachv jr said:

i heard archie say conference records aren't supposed to matter but the selection committee still has discussions, don't they? i have a hard time believing that no one on the committee would bring up the fact that iu finished 11th out of 14 teams in its conference if we lose to nebraska

The NCAA committee has stated that they do not look at conference record.  Last year Oklahoma was 7-11 in the Big 12 and was tied for seventh in a ten team conference and lost the opening of their conference tournament and were a 9 seed in the big dance.  And you shouldn't be shocked this year if Rutgers and Indiana were to go out in the same round of the Big Ten tournament yet IU gets seeded higher than Rutgers despite Rutgers finishing two games ahead of IU in conference. 

42 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

It is?

First 16 games, Hunter was 17 of 55 (31%) from the field including 4/28 from three (14%).

Last 13 games, Hunter 18 of 45 from the field (40%) including 14/32 from three (44%)

Effective shooting percentage in first 16 games was 35%.  In the last 13, it's been 56%.

i heard archie say conference records aren't supposed to matter but the selection committee still has discussions, don't they? i have a hard time believing that no one on the committee would bring up the fact that iu finished 11th out of 14 teams in its conference if we lose to nebraska

Technically IU finished tied for 10th

Wisky gets the 1 seed in the B1G tourney but the other 2 teams that tied them are B1G regular season champs as well. Yeah conference record isn’t on the team sheets

34 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

First 16 games, Hunter was 17 of 55 (31%) from the field including 4/28 from three (14%).

Last 13 games, Hunter 18 of 45 from the field (40%) including 14/32 from three (44%)

Effective shooting percentage in first 16 games was 35%.  In the last 13, it's been 56%.

Hopefully we'll see those numbers improve, due the fact he'll get more comfortable with contact, and show off his overall game! I have no doubt he has that it factor!(Confidence)

Hunter could absolutely be that third guy. If we switch to a slightly smaller lineup of TJD, Smith, Hunter, Al, Phin then Hunter and TJD could be featured while Smith plays garbage man.