Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

This article can go back to the trash can where it came from.

Dakich? Really? This fan base is comical.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am impressed his losing record is only that bad. We need to be way better. Nobody thought Wisconsin was good early on in the season like iu. One team rose to the occasion iu just did the bare minimum. I think we lose to Nebraska. Tough to beat a team 3 times plus we suck bad big ten tournament. It also would be something a archie team would do at this point  
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wisconsin is pretty mediocre. But mediocrity has ruled college basketball this season.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, coachv jr said:

get rid of archie and you lose lander, the number one point guard in the country

If Lander chose IU solely because of Miller, then I would say his decision making isn't very good. 

5 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

World Wildlife Federation, that’s an odd comparison!

The first 13 minutes of the Minny Game Wednesday was as physical (both ways) as I have seen in the BIG in several years.  They beat the hell out of each other and this was allowed.  At the seven minute mark a light switch was flipped and whistled rained supreme.  I have no idea what these people are thinking.

The first 13 minutes of the Minny Game Wednesday was as physical (both ways) as I have seen in the BIG in several years.  They beat the hell out of each other and this was allowed.  At the seven minute mark a light switch was flipped and whistled rained supreme.  I have no idea what these people are thinking.

It was absolutely comical in the Wiscy game. I could see some of the charges the Wiscy players were lining up for. How you get called for a charge when you’re around the dude is baffling. I don’t know why the Big Ten loves the “toughest league” moniker but it’s dumb.

You can also watch our guys trying to come off screens where they’re being held, by both their defender and the defender guarding the screener. The Big Ten has reverted back to not calling ****. Wiscy, pu, and MSU know that the refs won’t call all of them. It’s trash.

3rd year in, and we're 11th in the conference forced to play against a 7 win team on Wednesday of the B1G Tournament.

I try to focus on how we've increased our win total from year to year, and will very likely get a tournament berth this year.  Plus we have Lander coming in soon so hopefully we'll get more production out of our guards going forward.

Still, our starting 5 outlook for next year does not look encouraging or impressive at all.  

Phinisee
Durham
Smith
TJD
Thompson

Looks like more of the same to me.

3rd year in, and we're 11th in the conference forced to play against a 7 win team on Wednesday of the B1G Tournament.
I try to focus on how we've increased our win total from year to year, and will very likely get a tournament berth this year.  Plus we have Lander coming in soon so hopefully we'll get more production out of our guards going forward.
Still, our starting 5 outlook for next year does not look encouraging or impressive at all.  
Phinisee
Durham
Smith
TJD
Thompson

Yeah, hope and pray for improvement. Lander is a savior. A grad transfer that can impact.

I agree though, I don’t see the projections many are extrapolating. Plus non conference will be tougher next year. Maybe, much tougher.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

One of the worst seasons I can remember of Big basketball in a long time. Just a terrible product pretty much across the board.  Wheres the star power? Every team was capable of stinking up the joint. IU finished 11th in conference play! And we are going to the tournament?!

Phinisee
Durham
Smith
TJD
Thompson

Lander and Leal are better than Phinisee and Durham. So hopefully they are ready and starting. Lander should definitely be starting over Durham. He’s just got no business being a starter in the Big Ten.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Lander and Leal are better than Phinisee and Durham. So hopefully they are ready and starting. Lander should definitely be starting over Durham. He’s just got no business being a starter in the Big Ten.

Then prepare to be mad at Archie!

Seems like for better or worse, Al is gonna start as long as he’s at IU.

2 hours ago, CS2 said:

No blood, no foul.  

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Phinisee
Durham
Smith
TJD
Thompson

Geeze, how about giving them the off season to improve their game.  

I don’t think Leal is better than Al right now anyway.

Now, is Al good enough to be a 2 guard on a great team is another question, and I say absolutely not.

Needs to shoot 500 shots a day and get better. Get a little stronger too.

I wish Al could play the shooter role for us. Not that others can’t shoot the 3 but I would like to see Al hunt that shot

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I figure that. Why play Al as a starter? No clue. He’s not good enough. Shouldn’t have been a starter this year. Hasn’t been good enough. Should have played Franklin more and built for next year and forward.