Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Might be off topic..didn’t know where else to comment- anyone else seen the clip of Archie punching a clipboard during the Penn St game? Search: Archie Miller hits a clipboard on YouTube.

I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time...but then I have a peculiar sense of humor I guess. 

Also, he casually dropped “s***” in today’s post game comments.

Seems like this team is starting to get to him too lol. I don’t mind seeing a coach lose his cool, to a point. It’s kind of reassuring in a way. 

Im still rooting for Archie obviously. So, this isn’t really a negative comment. Oh well. 

9 minutes ago, Adillac said:

Might be off topic..didn’t know where else to comment- anyone else seen the clip of Archie punching a clipboard during the Penn St game? Search: Archie Miller hits a clipboard on YouTube.

I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time...but then I have a peculiar sense of humor I guess. 

Also, he casually dropped “s***” in today’s post game comments.

Seems like this team is starting to get to him too lol. I don’t mind seeing a coach lose his cool, to a point. It’s kind of reassuring in a way. 

Im still rooting for Archie obviously. So, this isn’t really a negative comment. Oh well. 

I said the same thing on another thread. His patience is wearing thin with this group. I don't blame him. Everyone thought the season was headed in the right direction and then you lose two in a row (on the road in tough places mind you.) Get two wins in Assembly Hall and you're in the tournament. 

2 games below 500? add in our usual first round exit in the btt and i think we are out at least we deserve to be. nine teams from the big ten that are better than us is plenty

Sorry to disappoint, but we would still be in.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If there's one thing I absolutely hate about this season, it's that the public perception surrounding our team and program is awful. 

For example, after the game today I talked with someone who follows IU basketball, but doesn't really follow basketball in general. This person said "Well, I guess IU isn't making the tournament now." I said what do you mean, they're still projected to be in, and this person said "Well, a bunch of people are saying IU is on the bubble, and losing when you're on the bubble means you'll be out." I explained that IU isn't really on the bubble and is still projected to make the field, but this person didn't know why that would be the case when so many people feel IU won't make it. 

It's really aggravating. Teams like OSU, Texas Tech and Oklahoma have similar records, but we're viewed as a bubble team while they're viewed as solidly in (don't even get me started on Purdue...). I'm convinced it's because of our ugly style of play and lack of success in recent years. It's amazing what the last two decades have done to this program. 

According to the NET rankings the NCAA is using  (to be clear.....I think the NET rankings suck) we are ranked 12th of the 14 BT teams.

9th out of 14 if you go by B1G teams with the best resumes to make the NCAA Tournament

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

If there's one thing I absolutely hate about this season, it's that the public perception surrounding our team and program is awful. 

For example, after the game today I talked with someone who follows IU basketball, but doesn't really follow basketball in general. This person said "Well, I guess IU isn't making the tournament now." I said what do you mean, they're still projected to be in, and this person said "Well, a bunch of people are saying IU is on the bubble, and losing when you're on the bubble means you'll be out." I explained that IU isn't really on the bubble and is still projected to make the field, but this person didn't know why that would be the case when so many people feel IU won't make it. 

It's really aggravating. Teams like OSU, Texas Tech and Oklahoma have similar records, but we're viewed as a bubble team while they're viewed as solidly in (don't even get me started on Purdue...). I'm convinced it's because of our ugly style of play and lack of success in recent years. It's amazing what the last two decades have done to this program. 

True. Also if you dont watch other teams you wouldnt realize how bad cbb is in general. IU,as bad as weve looked at times, should be in this field.

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

True. Also if you dont watch other teams you wouldnt realize how bad cbb is in general. IU,as bad as weve looked at times, should be in this field.

College basketball is never collectively “bad” or “good”.

It always has an exact .500 winning percentage.

68 of the teams from that collective winning percentage get in the tourney every year.

College basketball is never collectively “bad” or “good”.
It always has an exact .500 winning percentage.
68 of the teams from that collective winning percentage get in the tourney every year.

Except the years wins are vacated.. those aren’t .500 years.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It’s called quality.

There's a very good reason why it's called Quality.

Review of Quality Inn

Reviewed December 26, 2018

Other absent a fridge or micro in my room (which was not a necessity for this particular trip), this was a top ten stay (there is a micro for use in the breakfast area, an old but working Amana with no turntable). The facility was visibly under reconstruction but otherwise displayed professionalism throughout. Check in was under two minutes. Room was in neutral colors with a uniquely designed floor carpet. Granite bathroom sink with what looked like an outdated style faucet but brand new in appearance. Good shower spray and flow, very nice. Took a swim in the modest size pool, perfect temperature. Internet hookup was fast as were web connections (couldn't even connect at my recent stay at the South Bend Microtel). Temperature control was OK, though it still felt warm to me when I turned it down to 69. The next morning (the 23rd), I had a very good Belgian waffle and biscuits with gravy. One sees what the breakfast area looks like upon entry to the hotel and it is highly professional in appearance, clean as a whistle. Even the three housekeeping ladies were friendly, greeting and briefly chatting with me as I headed to get my breakfast. This place exemplifies Hoosier hospitality.

If there's a drawback here, it's the bed. It's large, high and though firm, fairly comfy. But the problem I had was the edges of my feet sticking off the bed, necessitating me sleeping on an angle, which was a bit of a challenge organizing my pillows (which worked just fine with theirs). As a result, my sleep wasn't real good but I managed. My suggestion is if you're over 5'9", maybe even as low as 5'7", you may want to check if the hotel has a slightly lengthier bed in another room. But make no mistake, I had a truly excellent room in an excellent facility. My visits to Michigan City usually end up with a stay at the Cool Springs Inn. But I wanted to do something different this time and this was my "Quality" choice. Highly recommended, even more so when the QI installs a room micro and fridge in all its rooms (hint, hint).

32 minutes ago, coachv jr said:

purdue whipped us both times so one could easily argue they are better than us. n

So ... We were arguably better than Michigan State last year and this year!!

Yay?

Cause, ya see, we were better than MSU, Nebraska and FSU this year, and Purdue was better than MSU and worse than FSU and Nebraska this year, and Purdue was better than us. So it is clear to me that:

MSU is horrible this year; the worst of all of them! (wait, what?)

So ... We were arguably better than Michigan State last year and this year!!
Yay?
Cause, ya see, we were better than MSU, Nebraska and FSU this year, and Purdue was better than MSU and worse than FSU and Nebraska this year, and Purdue was better than us. So it is clear to me that:
MSU is horrible this year; the worst of all of them! (wait, what?)

That’s how I took it. Things are looking up!

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I don't know about us missing it, but I could easily see them sneaking in.

Of course Purdue would be an historical anomaly to make the tournament with so many losses. Freaking Purdue, man. 

Watch them inexplicably go to the Elite Eight this year while we decline the NIT. 

Sorry, I know this isn’t the negativity thread.

Watch them inexplicably go to the Elite Eight this year while we decline the NIT. 

Sorry, I know this isn’t the negativity thread.

I could easily see that. We are basically a virtual lock to play Wednesday now against Nebraska. An opportunity for a bad loss. Unbelievable. My biggest fear is becoming a reality and my gut says we get waxed tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I could easily see that. We are basically a virtual lock to play Wednesday now against Nebraska. An opportunity for a bad loss. Unbelievable. My biggest fear is becoming a reality and my gut says we get waxed tomorrow.

I’m with you on that one. Feels like it’s all gonna go horribly wrong and we’ve got some bad losses coming up. Hope we’re way off!

Have a bad feeling about this week...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m already expecting us to get waxed tomorrow. Back to the NIT we go, while Purdue goes back to the NCAAs. I don’t care that Archie just landed Lander, if he can’t lock down a tourney bid at this point. Good riddance. I wanna be wrong so bad but my expectations and confidence are just shot at this point. I hate it.