Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

He’s saying IU wins 3 games we are probably ok...

Iu isn’t going to win 3 more games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
he
His math is wrong anyway. He said IU only has 4 wins against the he field. IU has 6 wins against his projected field(South Dakota st, mich St, Iowa, Ohio st, penn St and Florida St)

he
His math is wrong anyway. He said IU only has 4 wins against the he field. IU has 6 wins against his projected field(South Dakota st, mich St, Iowa, Ohio st, penn St and Florida St)

I thought that sounded low, too, but didn’t take time to look into it.

USPS—you think one more win gets us in, whether it be in regular season or BTT? Or more?

I thought that sounded low, too, but didn’t take time to look into it.

USPS—you think one more win gets us in, whether it be in regular season or BTT? Or more?

Yeah. I’ve been saying that since the Sparty win.

Most bubble teams have flaws. Looking at most bubble teams if IU fell down to the bubble their resume would be hard to keep out in my opinion. IU has 6 Quad 1 wins (3 of those top 16)and 2 neutral court top 65 wins

0 losses outside the NET top 41. 5 wins against projected at large teams that are seeded no worse then a 6 seed.

If IU gets to 19 wins I would be shocked if they got left out.

Most bubble teams have flaws. Looking at most bubble teams if IU fell down to the bubble their resume would be hard to keep out in my opinion. IU has 6 Quad 1 wins (3 of those top 16)and 2 neutral court top 65 wins

0 losses outside the NET top 41. 5 wins against projected at large teams that are seeded no worse then a 6 seed.

You nailed it back then and even mentioned that they would be on the bubble with 18 wins with a chance to still make it then and I believe that still holds true. Most people just don’t understand or take the time to research other teams and compare resumes and just make assumptions. When you really dive into the resumes around the same projected seedline as IU and those teams below them, IU’s resume looks extremely solid. I think if they get to 20 wins, they’ll be an 8, 19 wins, they’ll be a 9 (10 at the very worst), stay at 18 wins and they’re in Dayton. Would not be surprised in the very least if they manage to get to 21 wins (that would mean they’d have 7-9 Quad 1 wins), they’d be a 7 seed.

He’s saying IU wins 3 games we are probably ok...

Iu isn’t going to win 3 more games

I see no reason why the Hoosiers can’t beat Minny and Wisco at home and then a game against a similarly matched B1G team in tourney. Sure IU hasn’t been a great BTT team but I don’t think any players or coaches think about past failures when heading into the BTT. Hopefully it’s just another game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, JHoosier914 said:

IMG_0106.jpg
I asked one of the top bracketologist what IU had to do ‘solidify’ the tournament and the picture is his response. doesn’t mean less doesn’t get us in, his thought I’d share. Similar to your thoughts

I'd have to say that his response isn't based in reality and I wouldn't call him a top bracket guy based on that response.  His version of IU solidifying their chances is to win 21 games with 9 of them being Quad 1.

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

I would be shocked if we win 3 more games. 

I wouldn't be shocked at all.  That's two of the last three games in conference, with two being at home, and one 50/50 game in the BTT.

That said, I can certainly see any result in the last three games from 0 to 3 wins.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I get that. But given that, how in the hell does the NCAA have our NET at 56?

Point blank:  RPI was a bad measurement.....and the NCAA replaced it with NET, which is much worse.  Sorry, but Minnesota's and Purdue's NET have no business being as low as they are.  

I'd have to say that his response isn't based in reality and I wouldn't call him a top bracket guy based on that response.  His version of IU solidifying their chances is to win 21 games with 9 of them being Quad 1.

I called him one of the top bracketologist because he is ranked #1 over the past 5 years, per bracketmatrix.com

Are you on that website? Didn’t know if you published yours or just do it for fun.

I don’t do a full one anymore. I just do the 36 at-large teams and mid majors to watch for B-Town Banners. Ive been doing them for over 15 years as a hobby before I started posting it on here about 4 years ago I think. Maybe one day when I retire and my kids are grown up I will do a full one again and publish it with that site.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I don’t do a full one anymore. I just do the 36 at-large teams and mid majors to watch for B-Town Banners. Ive been doing them for over 15 years as a hobby before I started posting it on here about 4 years ago I think. Maybe one day when I retire and my kids are grown up I will do a full one again and publish it with that site.

That's cool.  I use to run a WARP (wins above replacement calculator) for NCAA players, focusing on IU players and top national players.  Have to dust that formula off and see what it thinks.

Yesterday was not a good day for the Hoosiers. Big Quad 1 wins by bubble teams like Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas, and Providence (who all have better conference and road records than IU) make today’s game a huge one. I realize there are other metrics that will be looked at, but the basic eye test says that there isn’t much separating some of these borderline teams and Indiana. I don’t think IU a lock at all. Especially if they end up with a losing record in the B1G and 2-8 road record.

Today is must-win in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Prepare to be disappointed. Next week we have a chance to win 2 though

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

On 2/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, Chris007 said:

I think most people will see Phinisee have surgery after the season, and realize that's why he has played the way he has this season. He's going to be so much better in the next two seasons. 

Surgery for what?