Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

Wait, so will 19-11 and a first round loss in the BTT get us in the tourney?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It would be 19-12 and yes they probably would still make it in at 19-13 with 6 + quad 1 wins, top 30 sos, to go along with 1 bad loss. It would depend on others but my guess would be they would still avoid Dayton with those numbers

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, jk34 said:

Our juniors and seniors combined for 22 points and 8 turnovers. That's a Huge problem! Ready to move on from this group of four. A change of scenery might be best for both parties. Hate it for DD. 

Sorry, I realize Brunk is a junior. 

Brunk can go with the rest of them if we can upgrade

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Absolutely not preseason top 25. We could work our way there but the preseason people won’t respect us, and for good reason.

I have never cared about a pre season poll. We're a top 25 team going into next year. 

Based on what? Your Hoosier love?

We have 5 current top 25 wins now, so let's not pretend like we suck right now. We bring essentially everything back... Thompson, Hunter, and Phin all healthy. TJD year 2, Franklin year 2. 

There wont be 25 teams better than us. There's a distinct possibility of adding another wing grad transfer. 

We have 5 current top 25 wins now, so let's not pretend like we suck right now. We bring essentially everything back... Thompson, Hunter, and Phin all healthy. TJD year 2, Franklin year 2. 
There wont be 25 teams better than us. There's a distinct possibility of adding another wing grad transfer. 

You have to look at the rest of the college basketball landscape and the recruiting.

We aren’t top 25 this season. Nothing to project we will be next season besides hope and prayer. Top 45? Sure

Absolutely no one besides Indiana fans think anything about Phin, Hunter, Franklin, and Thompson.

Most teams in America can rattle of a list of guys like that.

Absolutely no one besides Indiana fans think anything about Phin, Hunter, Franklin, and Thompson.

Most teams in America can rattle of a list of guys like that.

I'm really not worried about what other fans think of our players? 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lol. Ok

Ahhh wait.. I mean we suck, we'll suck forever. Our guys that were injured all off season (and last season) and the first half of this season won't improve. That makes perfect sense. We just suck. 

Franklin and TJD wont improve because heck FR NEVER improve. Good call. Doom and gloom is the way to go. 

Ahhh wait.. I mean we suck, we'll suck forever. Our guys that were injured all off season (and last season) and the first half of this season won't improve. That makes perfect sense. We just suck. 
Franklin and TJD wont improve because heck FR NEVER improve. Good call. Doom and gloom is the way to go. 

That isn’t my argument at all.

We don’t suck. We are a top 40 ish team this year and we project to be about the same next year.

The people whose job it is project these things and follow the sport very closely Won’t believe we are top 25.

Yet since you do, that’s what matters, right? You have to remember other teams better and similar to us will also age and get better. That isn’t unique to Indiana.

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We don’t suck. We are a top 40 ish team this year and we project to be about the same next year.

The people whose job it is project these things and follow the sport very closely Won’t believe we are top 25.

Yet since you do, that’s what matters, right? You have to remember other teams better and similar to us will also age and get better. That isn’t unique to Indiana.

Very few will bring back the production we do. Very few had 3 players in their top 7 that missed as much time as those 3 have. 

Hopefully they won't moving forward. Outside of injuries I really don't see anyway that we aren't a top 25 team. Might have the best player in the B1G too. 

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

I think Brunk is fine on this roster if he is getting run as a backup 5. He has shown glimpses of being a strong player, but the match-up has to be just right. 

You can't cut him lose unless you plan to run TJD at the 5 primarily, or bring in another big man as a grad or immediate play transfer IMO. 

Yea it really wouldn’t bother me. Because Archie is going to start him next season too when he should only be playing 10-15 minutes off the bench. Brunk, Al and Smith going wouldn’t bother me. But we need dudes that can shoot who can play the 4.

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’d settle for not an embarrassment. 

There isn't a player on this team that is an embarrassment. Devin Davis and Hanner Mosquera-Perea were embarrassments.  To characterize players putting forth the effort but falling short as an embarrassment to IU is...well...embarrassing and asinine.

47 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You have to remember that isn't always the case. Some teams ahead of Indiana don't age and don't get better because they lose most of their players....

yes every single one of them. DWS
You don't think IU will be better next year than this year? Barring the unforeseen. 

Not really. It’s like Smith leaves so we will lose our best perimeter defender. If Lander doesn’t come next season then we are down to just Rob as the only ball handler on the team. Archie has yet to prove that anyone can develop under him over a summer. Also likely we play the same terrible offense next season. So even if Lander does come, he will have no room because we still won’t have shooters and he still won’t have driving lanes to get to the basket. It’ll be more of the same.