Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Archie would definitely be fired if they didn’t win another game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How long have you been watching this program?  He'd have one more year minimum, zero percent chance otherwise.  I mean it took 9 years to realize Tom Crean needed gone, and Georgia fans are already realizing he's a poor coach.

Relax, just was questioning why people were so dead set on Alford and needing an IU guy. Heard it often and in the grand scheme of things I’d rather have Fife who’s not struck out at a few stops already vs Fife who’s been tutoring for the best coach in the conference for quite a bit. I’d wouldn’t really want either of them if I’m honest

Crean was an Izzo guy too. Crean Coaches completely different than Izzo. Fife has also been a head coach before and it wasn’t exactly great. Does Izzo even have a good coaching tree?

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Crean was an Izzo guy too. Crean Coaches completely different than Izzo. Fife has also been a head coach before and it wasn’t exactly great. Does Izzo even have a good coaching tree?

I thought Crean and Izzo were both Heathcote guys and worked just a year together? And wasn’t Fife the youngest coach in D1 at the time of his only head coaching gig? Get a guy from Mars for all I care as long as they can get IU winning consistently, no reason to get agitated with me

On 2/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My lowest point ever as an Indiana fan. Zero faith in this coach. Zero faith in this administration. Zero faith in the university. This is the closest I’ve been to tuning out IUBB and waiting on the next change to come.

I truly hate this team, and if you know me, I hate to hate. It’s ugly to hate and I dont endorse it.

Raging mad.

Next year will be the same. I can’t even look forward with any hope or enthusiasm.

Have never been so disappointed in IUBB

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Same, in regards to the disappointment and lack of hope. I’m not angry anymore. I’m emphatically apathetic. I only watched the game yesterday bc I seen that Knight was confirmed to show up.

What did make me angry was when I seen all of the greatness at center court for Knight’s reunion. It was staggering. It’s infuriating to think that this is how far we’ve fallen. I don’t pretend to know what really caused this but I find it impossible to believe that this has happened by accident. This was done on purpose. You won’t convince me otherwise. 

**Were any of the past players watching the game at any point? I noticed they were relaxing with Coach Knight during the 1st half, then went back into the tunnels at the start of the 2nd half. Perplexing. 

I thought Crean and Izzo were both Heathcote guys and worked just a year together? And wasn’t Fife the youngest coach in D1 at the time of his only head coaching gig? Get a guy from Mars for all I care as long as they can get IU winning consistently, no reason to get agitated with me

You have to win and be entertaining.

49 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I don’t pretend to know what really caused this but I find it impossible to believe that this has happened by accident. This was done on purpose. You won’t convince me otherwise.

The firing of Bob Knight was a staged event, and Knight was a willing participant. He was 79 when he returned to Assembly Hall, and it had been 7090 days since he was fired on 9/10/2000. Not a coincidence.

2 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I would love to see a new AD come in with the idea of making a big splash for his first official act and to make a name for himself by righting this sinking program. Figure the odds lol.

Will depend how bad rest of the season goes. If we miss the NIT it might happen. 

11 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

Relax, just was questioning why people were so dead set on Alford and needing an IU guy. Heard it often and in the grand scheme of things I’d rather have Fife who’s not struck out at a few stops already vs Fife who’s been tutoring for the best coach in the conference for quite a bit. I’d wouldn’t really want either of them if I’m honest

At this point I’d take the intramural coach from Sig Ep.  :)

Well he seemed to be the unofficial favorite for many on the committee, not sure if anything has changed

When is it supposed to be announced?

Not sure. Really need for this to be the right guy. Just don't have much confidence in our Administration. Still seems to be a disconnect between current staff and the old school.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Posting solely for reference as lots of names being bandied about.  I included several names merely to point out that there is a changing of the guard coming at many schools.

AGE AS OF FEBRUARY 2020    
      IU Guys  
Boeheim 75   Woodson 62
Krzyzewski 73   Alford 55
Williams 69   Cheaney 48
Beilein 67   Lewis 41
Pitino 67   Guyton 41
Huggins 66   Fife 40
Barnes 65      
Izzo 65      
Sampson 64   Other  
Calipari 61   Donovan 54
McCaffery 60   Stevens 43
Pearl 60      
Few 57      
Marshall 57      
Self 57      
Beard 47      

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Posting solely for reference as lots of names being bandied about.  I included several names merely to point out that there is a changing of the guard coming at many schools.

AGE AS OF FEBRUARY 2020    
      IU Guys  
Boeheim 75   Woodson 62
Krzyzewski 73   Alford 55
Williams 69   Cheaney 48
Beilein 67   Lewis 41
Pitino 67   Guyton 41
Huggins 66   Fife 40
Barnes 65      
Izzo 65      
Sampson 64   Other  
Calipari 61   Donovan 54
McCaffery 60   Stevens 43
Pearl 60      
Few 57      
Marshall 57      
Self 57      
Beard 47      

After seeing the "solely for reference" list, my favorite on the list when all things are considered (connections to IU/IU coaching tree, high-level success, age, no integrity issues) is easily apparent. Primary issue with that candidate would be $$; he currently makes over $4.5 million annually.

After seeing the "solely for reference" list, my favorite on the list when all things are considered (connections to IU/IU coaching tree, high-level success, age, no integrity issues) is easily apparent. Primary issue with that candidate would be $$; he currently makes over $4.5 million annually.

I’m guessing it’s beard but I like the mystery you riddle