Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

He's not even close to being a draft pick right now. Most non-IU fans have no clue who he is. 

Honestly it doesnt matter if he stays or goes because our guard play for 3 years has been horrible. No signs of change coming. Now back to trayce, our poor guard play and probably offensive system is killing his play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

This is just a brutally honest question...but why would any elite 2021 players come to Indiana right now? Why would our own Mr. Basketball choose IU after watching the last 2 play on struggling teams. THIS is what concerns me the most. 

If we continue down this road, recruiting becomes a problem.

This is just a brutally honest question...but why would any elite 2021 players come to Indiana right now? Why would our own Mr. Basketball choose IU after watching the last 2 play on struggling teams. THIS is what concerns me the most. 

Already is a problem. Look at recruiting results.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

If my kid was an elite prospect I’m not sure it would be in his best interest to go to IU right now.

54 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Purdue will have all the motivation in the world to beat IU. Too bad IU won’t feel the same way. That’s the problem with this team. They’re almost always never ready to play. That’s on Archie. The fact it keeps happening is maddening

They get to play whether or not they try or do what he says. Why would they do either. 

Pretty sad what this program has become. I guess I was just lucky to be a fan in the 70s, 80s and 90s. We werent good every year but there was effort and a plan to get better whether that was player development or recruiting. Usually both. We sure as hell didnt play a cupcake non con just so we could survive conference play and squeak in the tourney. When we were good I was confident we could beat anyone anywhere. Fans didnt sit around looking at the schedule marking down guaranteed losses. This program is not enjoyable to watch from my perspective.

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Looks like the Maryland game might have completely killed them

I don’t think we will know until they play the next two home games. The Maryland game was a kick in the balls buts we stunk on the road (Wiscy, MD, Rutgers) before the MSU game and then played well (until the end of the MD game) at home.  I’m “hoping” that we look decent again at home. Who knows....but we will find out soon.

6 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I don’t think we will know until they play the next two home games. The Maryland game was a kick in the balls buts we stunk on the road (Wiscy, MD, Rutgers) before the MSU game and then played well (until the end of the MD game) at home.  I’m “hoping” that we look decent again at home. Who knows....but we will find out soon.

True. Purdue will come to play though. IU better be ready

Maybe it just has to do with getting older and gaining perspective, but I don’t understand how or why an IU basketball player could not relish at the short-lived opportunity before them and both come to play every game and do everything possible to get better while they’re in school.

There is one player on this roster who has even a marginal chance at making something of himself in the NBA. At best, the rest of these guys are going to be playing in Turkey or Greece for a few years. Then for the next 45 years it’s either slouch over a desk with a 45 minute commute each way or become a coach/trainer/basketball camp instructor if you want to remain involved with basketball. 

I don’t know. Maybe with such an emphasis on getting to the pros as quickly as possible, being a college basketball player isn’t the “in” thing these days.

I’ve been a fan since the early 80’s. I still remember watching the ‘81 title game live on TV. I’ve seen a lot of really good basketball and then a lot of not so much. I was really getting discouraged in Crean’s last couple years, and I was excited that Archie was going to bring back a defense first, fundamental soundness, and accountability that we hadn’t seen for a while.

I have to say I think I’m even more discouraged now. Honestly, this brand of basketball is just hard for me to watch. This team is so frustrating. There is talent n this team, but it seems largely untapped. The fact that Archie allows it to keep happening tells me he approves. If we have so few alternatives in his third year that he doesn’t approve, but is powerless to make the appropriate changes, it is an indication that he doesn’t know how to build a program at this level.

Regardless of what anyone says, I think the vast majority of fans would be behind this team if we saw a team that cared, game in and game out. If we saw the effort put forth every game, I think we could handle the occasional dud. But, what we see is the same players doing the same things game after game, and in some cases, year after year. Nothing changes because the coach resists change. Someone needs to clue him in that it is not working.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners