Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

After a day to reflect I am still disappointed. I know I am old and iu has sucked for 40 years but I am not one to accept crap like last night. That should be a once maybe twice a year deal. I know it is beaten to death I say iu should be better and the other people say this is who we are now accept it. This is not acceptable. Don Fischer was on Dan's radio show last year or 2 years ago a d his thoughts were same as mine this is not ok. I usually take a day and rethink game thread but today I am negative. If u guys look up don complaining about effort on Dan's radio show give it a listen wish I could find it. It is alarming

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I do realize I a. 40 years old a d iu hasn't sucked that long just felt like a good round number

Archie is setting some all time worst records at Indiana quickly. It’s rather remarkable.

I want to like the guy, but at some point the proof is in the pudding.

It’s so bad with Archie I’m quickly losing faith Indiana will ever regain a blue blood type program.

I used to have that hope. I expected it to happen under the right leadership. Now it’s just a prayer.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Archie is setting some all time worst records at Indiana quickly. It’s rather remarkable.

It’s so bad with Archie I’m quickly losing faith Indiana will ever regain a blue blood type program.

I used to have that hope. I expected it to happen under the right leadership. Now it’s just a prayer.

We wanted to like him. Still do. But I think his system just works best at a place like Dayton.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It would be nice if the epic beat downs would go away. Almost makes crean look like he had some clue lol

I looked it up it was last season. Simple Google search don fischer sounds off on what's wrong with iu. It is very interesting to listen to his perspective imo. I don't know how to share or if it is even allowed but give it a listen if you care to

16 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Losses have piled up in Archie’s short tenure, 37 to be exact.

What has also been alarming is how bad we lose, by 11 on average over his tenure.

19 losses by 10+
7 losses by 20+

We have lost 37 games by 396 points!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He’s got a decent track record when he can keep it close. But god when the wheels come off they really come off

He’s got a decent track record when he can keep it close. But god when the wheels come off they really come off

His first game was a loss to Indiana State by 21, I’m not seeing that big of a change by year three. I get this takes time... but come on..

What’s the selling point to a high school kid when you tell them our main offensive strategy is to get fouled and make a bunch of free throws?

24 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

His first game was a loss to Indiana State by 21, I’m not seeing that big of a change by year three. I get this takes time... but come on..

What’s the selling point to a high school kid when you tell them our main offensive strategy is to get fouled and make a bunch of free throws?

Agreed. I think it’s why we have struggled to recruit guards. Our system makes it hard for them to showcase the skills NBA teams are looking for

14 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Don Fischer was on Dan's radio show last year or 2 years ago a d his thoughts were same as mine this is not ok. I usually take a day and rethink game thread but today I am negative. If u guys look up don complaining about effort on Dan's radio show give it a listen wish I could find it. It is alarming

Last year or 2 years ago?  Huh?  Don doesn't sound too upset about the team this week .. 

https://omny.fm/shows/the-dan-dakich-show/best-of-the-dan-dakich-show-monday-1-27 

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed. I think it’s why we have struggled to recruit guards. Our system makes it hard for them to showcase the skills NBA teams are looking for

It's all in the adaptation.  Archie needs to adapt and improve.  He hasn't so far.  If he doesn't, he'll be gone.  

12 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Losses have piled up in Archie’s short tenure, 37 to be exact.

What has also been alarming is how bad we lose, by 11 on average over his tenure.

19 losses by 10+
7 losses by 20+

We have lost 37 games by 396 points!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All is well!!!

The future is bright. Help is on the way. Archie's going to do great things. He brings out the best in his players.

[FACE PALM]

I drank the kool aid when he was hired but I just don't see anything changing for the better with him at the helm. We've seen almost 3 full seasons and at least with Crean we won a couple conference titles and underachieved in the tournament. Pretty sad that I'd like to go back to those days. 

When Archie was hired I thought that he would be able to get us to Crean's highs without the lows. I thought that at the least, he would have us in the tournament every year. Now, though, I'm not even sure he's capable of getting us to Crean's highs with the lows. 

When Archie was hired I thought that he would be able to get us to Crean's highs without the lows. I thought that at the least, he would have us in the tournament every year. Now, though, I'm not even sure he's capable of getting us to Crean's highs with the lows. 

He’s not an X and O guy. He’s not a motivational leader. He’s not a tremendous recruiter? Honestly, what is he?