Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - 1/4/20 @ Noon

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

Maryland has made an adjustment. Archie has done absolutely nothing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archie's adjustments are wildly subbing guys in and out. Maybe he needs to suspend 3 guys so he has an 8 man rotation and has no other choice but to use what he's got.

1 minute ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I still have no clue what Race does. Never understood that recruitment. Role players need to excel in at least one area.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah he's been an incredible disappointment. Really doesn't do anything at all.

I feel like I’m watching an entire team where everyone is passive on offense. Rob didn’t used to be that way. I’m sorry, but that’s coaching.

1 minute ago, Free Jurkin! said:

Phinisee doesn't shoot or attack. Green is not playing well, but I don't know what Phinisee brings on offense right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just thinking that ... He's taken 1 shot and passed up what seem to be good opportunities to take shots or try to create shots. He's driven into the lane two or three times, and when I think he's either gonna continue on to the bucket or pull up for a teardrop or a 10-footer, he passes off or kicks it back out. He doesn't look very confident at all. 

Just now, DLG3 said:

I feel like I’m watching an entire team where everyone is passive on offense. Rob didn’t used to be that way. I’m sorry, but that’s coaching.

The emphasis apparently is getting to the foul line while a lot of guys seem to shy away from contact and fade away after getting their man up. Somewhere the communication line is warped.

A lot of focus on the lineups. I say this as an Archie fan when he came in, but does he have many options. Our backup guards may be just as good if not better than the starting guards. We rely heavily on a freshman forward who we struggle getting the ball and we have no one who can consistently shoot or provide offense. I just don’t know if we’re very good, and I hope that doesn’t make me one of the doom and gloomers.

Yeah he's been an incredible disappointment. Really doesn't do anything at all.

Really stings when Jake Forrester is at temple doing exactly what we need Race to be doing for us. Just really frustrated with Archie’s roster constructions thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie's adjustments are wildly subbing guys in and out. Maybe he needs to suspend 3 guys so he has an 8 man rotation and has no other choice but to use what he's got.
Rotation needs to be cut to 7. Brink, Smith, and TJD just need to play 40 minutes a game

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Really stings when Jake Forrester is at temple doing exactly what we need Race to be doing for us. Just really frustrated with Archie’s roster constructions thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was really sorry to see him go.