Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

johnsoniu

Game Thread- Gator Bowl IU vs Tennessee Jan 2, 7 pm EST ESPN

Tuck Fennesse!! The only ten I see is the Hoosiers getting their 9th win of the season. Stoked to see this team playing one more game after the New Year for the first time in forever.

I saw where their big wideout won’t play in the first half for stepping on a Vandy player in their last game. Hoping our defensive backs can shutdown their other wideouts in the first half in order to build a solid lead.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Been down here in paradise since Monday. Just dropped gf off at airport as she has to work Thursday and Friday. She just said about 200 IU fans were getting off planes and walking through terminal. Great sign. What a great thing playing in Florida and the only game on that night. I’m surprised at how many IU fans are down here in all honesty.  I’ve ran into a bunch of UT fans...50/50 in nice guys compared with dbags lol. Restaurants around the are where pep rally is being held....not staffed very well really anywhere so beware if you’re coming down for the pep rally. Currently at brix taphouse. 

onto the game....

if we can get Sampson James going often...I think we have a good chance. Run game will be key, their front line guys are their upsides....I like our size against their dbs. I like our first half matchups against their WRs, but when Jennings comes in for second half....I’d say bracket him....our young team will need to act like we’ve been here before as we have only 8 players on our squad who have played in a bowl....tons of bulletin board material out there...use it but don’t lose focus on what you come here to do. Show that you belong. Make another step and make this season even more memorable. Quiet the rocky top chants. Let’s go 

go Hoosiers. 

Sampson looked awesome against Purdue before going down. Ran really hard. I don't think we miss much of a beat if Stevie Scott is out. Go Hoosiers!

The B1G's honor rests on our shoulders -- 4-4 bowl record going into tomorrow night's game! 
Scary thought. Also really cool to be the last B1G team to play. A season to be proud of for sure regardless of tomorrow's result.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Been down here in paradise since Monday. Just dropped gf off at airport as she has to work Thursday and Friday. She just said about 200 IU fans were getting off planes and walking through terminal. Great sign. What a great thing playing in Florida and the only game on that night. I’m surprised at how many IU fans are down here in all honesty.  I’ve ran into a bunch of UT fans...50/50 in nice guys compared with dbags lol. Restaurants around the are where pep rally is being held....not staffed very well really anywhere so beware if you’re coming down for the pep rally. Currently at brix taphouse. 

onto the game....

if we can get Sampson James going often...I think we have a good chance. Run game will be key, their front line guys are their upsides....I like our size against their dbs. I like our first half matchups against their WRs, but when Jennings comes in for second half....I’d say bracket him....our young team will need to act like we’ve been here before as we have only 8 players on our squad who have played in a bowl....tons of bulletin board material out there...use it but don’t lose focus on what you come here to do. Show that you belong. Make another step and make this season even more memorable. Quiet the rocky top chants. Let’s go 

go Hoosiers. 

UT: WR Jauan Jennings (suspended for first half) is averaging 21 yards per catch over the last five games.

I really hope we see a disciplined team in the bowl game. I don’t think we can afford the silly penalties we had in most of the games this season. If we’re clean I think we have a good chance. If we have those undisciplined penalties I think we lose by a lot.

We have to establish something on offense and have prolonged drives. Also,  play a pretty clean game with low penalties and TO's as mentioned above. If Tennessee is able to dominate possession their offense will put up lots of points and wear down our D. Their QB has played pretty well on their current 5 game winning streak and they have the receivers capable of beating us for big plays. 

Fisch is on with Dakich right now and said there’s some unfortunate news regarding an injury that Tom Allen will announce later and IU will be missing a big piece but wouldn’t say who it was. I’m hoping he’s just alluding to Stevie and/or Stepaniak which we figured to be without anyway. I have a feeling the news is that Whop is going to be a no-go tonight. Hope I’m wrong.

Fisch just stated on Dakich that we maybe a little short handed tonight.  He wouldn't elaborate but stated that Coach Allen should be announcing it before the start of the game.  Anyone know what he is referring to?  Hopefully its not our QB?