Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Jack Maher - Generation adidas Deal

Maher Inks Generation adidas Deal with Major League Soccer

Indiana men's soccer defender Jack Maher has signed a Generation adidas deal with Major League Soccer, foregoing his final two seasons of eligibility with the Hoosiers. 

Generation adidas is a joint program between MLS and adidas which sees a handful of top collegiate underclassmen and youth national team players signed by MLS to Generation adidas contracts and made available in the SuperDraft.

Indiana has had a player sign a Generation adidas contract three-straight years. Last season, Griffin Dorsey was selected by Toronto FC with the sixth overall pick in the first round. The prior season, Mason Toye signed as a GA and was drafted No. 7 overall in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft by Minnesota United FC.

The Hoosiers had three players, Dorsey, Rece Buckmaster, and Francesco Moore, selected in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft and have had 48 total selections in the draft since the inaugural year in 1996. 

Maher, a 2019 United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division I Men's Second Team All-American, has compiled United Soccer Coaches All-North Region, a unanimous first team All-Big Ten, Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, Most Outstanding Defensive Player of the Big Ten Tournament, and All-Big Ten Tournament Team laurels this postseason. Maher anchored the Indiana defense with 22 starts along the defensive back line. The Hoosiers conceded only 16 goals in 22 matches and only one goal in five postseason matches during the '19 season. Maher tallied 10 points (three goals, four assists) for the Hoosiers and netted two game-winning tallies this season, a golden goal against UCLA and a 28th minute goal from the spot at Michigan State.

"I want to first thank the coaches for allowing me to come to the best college soccer program in the country," Maher said. "Without their belief in me, none of this would be possible. Second, I want to thank the whole Yeagley family for taking me in as their own. Third, I want to thank the IU Athletic Department for providing me with the best resources and facilities in the country. Fourth, I want to thank my incredible teammates for always pushing me to be better and creating memories that will last a lifetime. Lastly, to the fans, especially the Hoosier Army, for creating the best soccer environment in the nation. IU will always hold a special place in my heart, and I am just glad I was able to be part of it all."