Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Arkansas 12/29 @ 6 pm BTN

5 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

You're apparently the idiot, did you even read the post I was replying to with the Musselman being a first year coach?   The poster said that Archie needs more time, with this only being his third year at IU.  I pointed out that he just lost to a coach in their first year at their school, I did not say Musselman is a rookie coach, that's on you if you can't comprehend. 

Edited

my bad....just read that you were replying to another poster referring to that it being Archie’s third year at IU.  I apologize.

I would lose out before I would allow Green or anyone else to not play in a team first manner. I hate to only pick on him he’s just the most egregious on the team. Archie has shown there’s no consequences for me first basketball and he will continue to get the same results.

8 of those 11 were pure trash any coach would have won. Archie is 3-2 against real teams and has only looked good in one. 

Only reason we “looked” good in 1 of those is bc Green couldn’t miss and pulled a 30 piece out of his @$$

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

There is something called a quote button at the bottom of posts.  If you want to reference something, click on it.  Pretty simple.

I did quote the very post you got all in a tizzy over, but you were too lazy to fact check that I guess, again a bad look for you....lol.

18 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I would have to think most fans would admit to having some doubts about Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep.  I've held out for a long time. I was a big Archie supporter. But it's about impossible to not have doubts at this point. There are a lot of warning signs. 

Leal and Galloway may be good pieces in the future, but they're not going to step in and solve any issues right away.  Just not that caliber of recruit.  Neither one is the shooter we need anyway.

Phinisee needs to get right or someone needs to step up, Green needs to be coming off the bench; his crap tonight should've got him glued to the bench but with Durham out there wasn't much of an alternative.

This team has issues and the solutions don't appear to be coming.  Still not good at FTs, still can't shoot, still struggle to guard the perimeter, still struggle to take care of the ball.

Just now, LIHoosier said:

Izzo, Ol' Roy off the top of my head 

So just a couple, and both were assistants at big time programs for 10 to 15 years.  Unfortunately there aren’t many guys like that left.....assistants at high majors are pretty mobile.

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Izzo, Ol' Roy off the top of my head 

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Leal and Galloway may be good pieces in the future, but they're not going to step in and solve any issues right away.  Just not that caliber of recruit.  Neither one is the shooter we need any.

Phinisee needs to get right or someone needs to step up, Green needs to be coming off the bench; his crap tonight should've got him glued to the bench but with Durham out there wasn't much of an alternative.

This team has issues and the solutions don't appear to be coming.  Still not good at FTs, still can't shoot, still struggle to guard the perimeter, still struggle to take care of the ball.

The shooting is the biggest issue and honestly it’s where I have the biggest issue with Miller.  Pretty damn to coach a high caliber offense when you don’t have shooters....but the lack of shooters are on the recruiting end.

We can point to the record and say we're 11-2, everything is ok. I did the same thing last year. I ignored the warning signs. I thought everything was ok because we had a decent record. Then everything fell apart and we lost 12 of 13 games. I'm not ready to give up on Archie but he absolutely has to make the tournament this year. Making the tournament once by the end of year 3 is a very reasonable expectation. If he doesn't do that then he will deserve to be on the hot seat going into year 4. 

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

The shooting is the biggest issue and honestly it’s where I have the biggest issue with Miller.  Pretty damn to coach a high caliber offense when you don’t have shooters....but the lack of shooters are on the recruiting end.

Nothing new either, wasn't unusual for his Dayton teams to struggle shooting.  I don't see how that's anything other than a red flag with Miller.

I don't usually like to place blame one player or person for a loss, but this one is on Green. One of our captains is ejected from the game and our senior leader should be a calming force that helps things get going. We need him on the floor because we need his potential points but man, it's times like these where he's got to step up.

Sent from my LM-G850 using BtownBanners mobile app

We can point to the record and say we're 11-2, everything is ok. I did the same thing last year. I ignored the warning signs. I thought everything was ok because we had a decent record. Then everything fell apart and we lost 12 of 13 games. I'm not ready to give up on Archie but he absolutely has to make the tournament this year. Making the tournament once by the end of year 3 is a very reasonable expectation. If he doesn't do that then he will deserve to be on the hot seat going into year 4. 

Do you expect IU to contend for a final four in years 4 and 5 of Archie?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Cool.  Then fire him right now, right?  Maybe just not bother to play the rest of the season since the past is necessarily what the future will be.

Lol.  The extremes are a strange place