Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Notre Dame 12/21 Noon ESPN

7 hours ago, JHoosier914 said:

I know you had a very long and insightful post, and I generally agree with you on most points, however, I wanted to single out the following line above. I’m not sure if you are on of those people who believe the games shouldn’t be as close as they are, and that’s not the point of my post. My point is that Vegas, who typically knows what they are talking about or else they wouldn’t be making money the way they do, have had most of these close wins as exactly that...close games.

V UCONN—spread was around 2. We won by 3.
V ND—spread was around 3, we won by 2.

Nebraska is an outlier and they have proven to gel together and be a better team as of late than most expected. And every other game, sans Wiscy, we won by double digits. So, this is just one mans opinion, but people (again, not saying you OF) should NOT argue these games ‘shouldn’t be close.’

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nope....I don't have a problem with close games because I don't think Indiana is enough "more talented" than other teams to blown many out.   As happened at Wisconsin, there will be an outlier here and there, but this is a heart attack team that will play far more close games than not against good competition.  There are so many talented players now, it's hard for any team to far outclass the lion's share of their schedule, which is why #1 has already lost 6 times this season and why I don't think we'll ever see another undefeated team.

37 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So replace both as they need to be.

Your right every game should be a marquee game. We should just work out a deal where we play the top 11 teams the previous year in the non conference. What could go wrong. 

I'll never understand posters who lob insults at people who they disagree with.  That only shows pettiness.

It's possible to debate without belittling the other side.  It's possible to disagree without insulting.  Name calling to me shows an inherent lack of intelligence.

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'll never understand posters who lob insults at people who they disagree with.  That only shows pettiness.

It's possible to debate without belittling the other side.  It's possible to disagree without insulting.  Name calling to me shows an inherent lack of intelligence.

I guess I missed it, but I haven’t seen any one call someone else a name.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Knuckleheads in his last post.

My only question paired with one of his previous posts is how much are these shooters going to play over a Sr Durham, Jr Phin, Jr Damezi and Rs So Hunter? Franklin had his best game by a mile and still only saw the floor for 14 minutes. Is it valid concern that we add some shooting but due to their experience and lack of understanding of the defensive scheme they fail to see the floor?

9 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Search the term knucklehead, then read the whole post.  It's condescending and belittling.  I don't understand those posts. 

On 12/21/2019 at 11:51 AM, mdn82 said:

There is only 50% capacity now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

At first I thought, great, we play the first game and I can get out a little early if the 2nd game sucks.

Bad thing about that is all the Purdue and Butler fans starting filing in after halftime.  They took their sweet @$$ time sitting down, getting in and out, etc.  I had to watch most of the 2nd half on the jumbotron because I couldn't see the court half the time.

The funny thing is, i heard them bashing IU fans for never staying for the 2nd game.  Are you kidding me?????

On 12/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, JaybobHoosier said:

My point is our strength was inside, and even though we were struggling we never went back to it until well after we lost our lead. How many of us bashed Crean for similar things? All of us did, I’m doing the same here. Archie’s offense hasn’t our bigs setting screens with no rolling or cutting action to the rim. It was a guard dribbling outside with no purpose. I guess I don’t see why people are upset with people being frustrated that our offense was awful and nothing was done to correct it.

The offense stayed the same!

I get that, and I understand the frustration... I was frustrated watching it happen.... I guess all I was saying is sometimes its not as simple as the coach went away from it. We were having success and ND changed their defense to focus on taking away that success and they were successful at doing so....

I believe we were trying to do things to correct the offense and get it working but those things didn't work. They only defended the paint and FORCED us to shoot something else and Devonte hit a couple jumpers but nobody else could get a shot to fall so they stayed packed in to stop us.

Archie perplexes me with lineups etc some times.. I in no way find him above reproach but when it comes to stuff like this I just don't understand it, I realize the other team has a coach too and we can't just do what we want all the time.

And to your point, Indiana already has one of the wealthiest and most marketable brands in the country, so why does it matter one bit if they play in an all-Indiana classic in December that TV loves, and gives Indiana a decent non-conference opponent every season?    Playing a home and home with ________ doesn't benefit them financially.  Kentucky won't do a home and home.   Louisville is a likely add in the future; they'll play 2 other ACC teams (including ND) every other year and one every year.  They'll play in the Gavitt Games every year.  They'll play in Maui next season, so they'll get at least 2 more decent games then (North Carolina, Texas, Stanford, Alabama, and UNLV also there).  The problem with you and the other 3 knuckleheads who you run with is you'd b*tch if Indiana played a tougher schedule and lost more games and you're b*tching with an easier schedule and an 11-1 record. 
The only way any of you will ever be satisfied is if Indiana goes 32-3 with a top 5 schedule and the football team goes to the Rose Bowl every year.   It's why nobody really argues with you.   It's why your arguments are tired and get no credibility.  There's no pleasing you.  There's nothing right in the world.  Everything IU does sucks and everyone down there is dumber than you are.   You should be our new AD.  Then you could just complain about yourself every time an Indiana team didn't play perfectly every play, left a few yards on the field, or didn't take the right charter service to an away game.  It's actually entertaining to me to see what you come up with to complain about.   I really do wonder sometimes if you have any idea how difficult and complicated it is to put together a college basketball schedule that fits all the criteria you directly or indirectly label as important.  I think....no.

You’re still too worried about playing a home and home and home with UK and you still assume what everyone else believes way too much. Indiana’s schedule can be pretty simple and we shouldn’t be scared at having one of the absolute best OOC schedules in the nation. Every year we will have an ACC game and every other year we will have a Big East game. If you include the Crossroads that’s 3 set games with little to no flexibility. Then you end up with the type of the scheduling mishaps you get this season. When we can instead simply have the ACC Challenge, play Kentucky in Indy and Chicago and whatever other Midwest city we can or even New York and LA, then do home and home with Notre Dame and Butler that alternate. In the years we don’t play in the Gavitt Games we need to be in a tourney or event of some sort. Pretty simple really, you just have to figure the correct dates that work best for the UK game and the ND/Butler game. And if you want to complain about UK not wanting to do a home and home, then you’re just a part of the problem.

At first I thought, great, we play the first game and I can get out a little early if the 2nd game sucks.

Bad thing about that is all the Purdue and Butler fans starting filing in after halftime.  They took their sweet @$$ time sitting down, getting in and out, etc.  I had to watch most of the 2nd half on the jumbotron because I couldn't see the court half the time.

The funny thing is, i heard them bashing IU fans for never staying for the 2nd game.  Are you kidding me?????

It’s ok Purdue fans that were talking trash during the first game in my area were the ones leaving at the under 12 timeout with a large section of fans giving them a proper send off. Wish you were in my area then lol. It’s also not our fault when they can actually notice our fans leaving either. Notre Dame fans left pretty quickly Saturday and I am not sure anyone noticed.

You’re still too worried about playing a home and home and home with UK and you still assume what everyone else believes way too much. Indiana’s schedule can be pretty simple and we shouldn’t be scared at having one of the absolute best OOC schedules in the nation. Every year we will have an ACC game and every other year we will have a Big East game. If you include the Crossroads that’s 3 set games with little to no flexibility. Then you end up with the type of the scheduling mishaps you get this season. When we can instead simply have the ACC Challenge, play Kentucky in Indy and Chicago and whatever other Midwest city we can or even New York and LA, then do home and home with Notre Dame and Butler that alternate. In the years we don’t play in the Gavitt Games we need to be in a tourney or event of some sort. Pretty simple really, you just have to figure the correct dates that work best for the UK game and the ND/Butler game. And if you want to complain about UK not wanting to do a home and home, then you’re just a part of the problem.

No thanks.

We could have agreed to the CBS Champions Classic (or whatever it’s called) and been paired up with UCLA to have an awesome resume building game...

pUKe or U of No Classes would have been solid games though.

Crazy to think about but in terms of KenPom the two “made for TV” events had similar fields.

O$U (1)
pUKe (16)
UNo Classes (39)
UCLA (117)

Butler (7)
Purdoodoo (13)
IU (34)
Notre Dame (66)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners