Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IU vs Notre Dame 12/21 Noon ESPN

Not everything is about what it can do for IU. These are for fans in Indiana, giving them a chance to see in-state games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I couldn’t give two sh*ts about giving PU, Butler or ND fans anything. IU’s focus needs to be beyond them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, BottomLine said:

Neither is without faults.  I just don't trust Green.  Archie is getting paid big bucks to figure out the problem.  All we can do is have opinions.  I thought the last play of the game yesterday said volumes.  See if you can find a replay.  Ball goes through the post to Jackson-Davis, who is promptly double teamed.  He pivots and passes the ball to Durham, who is midway between Franklin in the corner and Green, open at the top of the key.  A ND player is trying to close on Durham, who instantly passes the ball to Franklin for the winning shot.  He could have gone to Green also but he didn't.  Imagine for a second that Green and Durham are reversed and the ball goes to Green,  Does he make the pass to an open man, or does he force a shot, or does he put the ball on the floor and drive into the lane and shoot his "floater"?  Me may have still won the game and Green would have been the hero instead of Franklin.  Or we may have lost.  What I have little doubt of is that in that scenario Green does not pass the ball.  There is the difference.  I think Durham plays for the team, and after over three years of watching, I think Green plays for himself.  Do I wish Durham had Green's talent?  You betcha.  Do I wish Green were more aware that there is no I in TEAM?  Without a doubt.

He's shooting 40% from 3, of course he would have shot it

Pretty sure it is split evenly. Even though the lower bowl is split evenly it ends up with probably 40ish percent of the people in the lower level being IU fans through ticket resales. Upper is always 50+% IU fans. Honestly my favorite game day of the year to see in person.

I don’t mind if we keep playing in it but I would not be upset if we traded the game for another game in a neutral site against a blue chip type of game. If we opted out and replaced with a weak opponent at home I would hate that.

The Indy event is great but I do think we bring far more to the table than the other programs. The reap the rewards and would not be upset if the $ was somehow split based on which school brought the most value.

I couldn’t give two sh*ts about giving PU, Butler or ND fans anything. IU’s focus needs to be beyond them.

You don’t seem to care about anything except your own agenda. Basketball is about a game, the people who play the game, and the people who support those people and their teams. It’s a shame that you can’t find any happiness (changing up your playground vernacular) in people watching the game. You might as well be playing a game on paper if you can’t appreciate the human element.

I don't know why we just cant play IU vs. ND every year in Bankers Life. Or IU and Butler home and home. Seems to be ways to give indiana fans a chance without going through the crossroads classic. 

What’s the issue with the Classic?

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

People have issues with how the money is divided up now? IU basketball is not hurting for money. A few tens of thousands of dollars isn’t going to make or break IU basketball. That’s just dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That has been a topic of discussion since day 1 of the classic. Nothing new here

You don’t seem to care about anything except your own agenda. Basketball is about a game, the people who play the game, and the people who support those people and their teams. It’s a shame that you can’t find any happiness (changing up your playground vernacular) in people watching the game. You might as well be playing a game on paper if you can’t appreciate the human element.

No college basketball is about making money, building a national brand, gaining media attention and love and recruiting. It has nothing to do with trying to help out the other schools in your state.

I think its just a blah environment. Similar to a BTT game where at any time half the arena isnt into it. Now the old IU-UK neutral court games where a great environment.

And if all sections are filled, it’s going to well against IU. Because it’s going to be ND, Butler and PU fans wanting to see us lose. Would much rather play ND in a home and home every year and I bet they’d be up for it if the Crossroads wasn’t renewed.

26 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

And if all sections are filled, it’s going to well against IU. Because it’s going to be ND, Butler and PU fans wanting to see us lose. Would much rather play ND in a home and home every year and I bet they’d be up for it if the Crossroads wasn’t renewed.

All the sections aren't filled and it's not well against IU.  And while you don't care about the Crossroads Classic, I really don't care about a home and home with Notre Dame.  Once every other year is fine with them, just like once every other year against Butler is fine.  And the Crossroads Classics have produced some very tight games on neutral courts....something that you would like to see if you want to compete in the NCAA tournament.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

I think its just a blah environment. Similar to a BTT game where at any time half the arena isnt into it. Now the old IU-UK neutral court games where a great environment.

Big 4 Classic?

All the sections aren't filled and it's not well against IU.  And while you don't care about the Crossroads Classic, I really don't care about a home and home with Notre Dame.  Once every other year is fine with them, just like once every other year against Butler is fine.  And the Crossroads Classics have produced some very tight games on neutral courts....something that you would like to see if you want to compete in the NCAA tournament.

Sweet. We can play Kentucky on a neutral court and ditch Butler and Notre Dame. Good idea.

We used to play two holiday tournaments. The Indiana Classic was at Assembly Hall. There was a lot of interest in bringing the Hoosiers up to Indy. So after Christmas, Indiana would host the Hoosier Classic at Market Square.  The Crossroads with Purdue, Butler, and ND is a much better event and has more of a tournament atmosphere.

I think there’s a major advantage of the Crossroads that’s being forgotten.  Students are not on campus during this event.  It’s not a great time to host a major/P5 team.  This allows all four teams to get a major/P5 game on the calendar at a time of year when no one wants to host one.  

That’s why you play UK or someone on a neutral court.

I like the classic, or at least enjoy the rotating games with ND and Butler. It shouldn’t expand to more teams, but I would like to see IU play 4+ in State schools every year. Set up multi year deals on a rotating basis with Ball State, Evansville, Indiana State, IUPUI, etc. Each school gets one home game and 2-3 at IU. Instant upgrade to our early season schedule both in terms of fan interest and SOS but still leaves room for tune up games and marquee match ups.