Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Beating those teams doesn't mean we're going to win the Big 10, or even make it past the first weekend, or even make the tournament. 

I'm just patiently waiting to see how the season plays out.

beating those top 5 teams you mentioned doesn’t mean IU is going to win the B1G or even make it past the first weekend or even make the tournament. I get patiently waiting to see how the season plays out but to down play winning against ND, UConn and Wisky all games away from home and saying they do nothing for me would be a mistake in my opinion. Those type of games matter when building a resume. IU didn’t make the tourney last year not because it didn’t beat high rated teams because they had 6 Quad 1 wins, they didn’t make they tourney because they didn’t win games against these Quad 2 games against other teams that didn’t make they tourney or other bubble teams.

Beard is a fantastic coach that I like very much but this year I’m waiting and seeing if he can get a win against a power 5 team. Again he is a great coach that is 5-3 with 0 wins against anybody

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I want to see sustained success. Not just a season here or there.
We all want to see that. What I and a few others have been asking is why do you only post when they aren't playing well. I don't think I have ever seen you post something positive during a game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tom Allen gets 7 year extension:

What do contracts do for the school? It seems like the coach can walk away from them without penalty but the school is handcuffed. Anyone, maybe Stu understand the specifics and why any school would want to grant such a long contract? Why not 3 or 5 as you can always extend?

If Allen loses every game for the next 3 years we are stuck paying off the remaining 4 years but if he wins 10 games a year for the next year he could get poached by florida state and be gone with no penalty right?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I can agree with this.

Have you seen a DR? They have happy pills these days that make you not so down all the time. Or you can visit Michigan or ILL where the green is legal now. The uniforms are your opinion about what's on par with other programs. I can't stand Louisville or UNC uniforms. Also we have more meaningful wins then TT this year and less bad losses.

Technically, the green isn't legal until 1 Jan here in Illinois.

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

beating those top 5 teams you mentioned doesn’t mean IU is going to win the B1G or even make it past the first weekend or even make the tournament. I get patiently waiting to see how the season plays out but to down play winning against ND, UConn and Wisky all games away from home and saying they do nothing for me would be a mistake in my opinion. Those type of games matter when building a resume. IU didn’t make the tourney last year not because it didn’t beat high rated teams because they had 6 Quad 1 wins, they didn’t make they tourney because they didn’t win games against these Quad 2 games against other teams that didn’t make they tourney or other bubble teams.

Beard is a fantastic coach that I like very much but this year I’m waiting and seeing if he can get a win against a power 5 team. Again he is a great coach that is 5-3 with 0 wins against anybody

I'm not saying that the wins mean nothing. It's more of these wins could be a little bit of fools gold for some. We've not really been tested yet, so lets wait and see what happens when we play a real team. I'm also not going to complain if we lose to a good team. I'm basing it on how the team plays. 

Just now, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I'm not saying that the wins mean nothing. It's more of these wins could be a little bit of fools gold for some. We've not really been tested yet, so lets wait and see what happens when we play a real team. I'm also not going to complain if we lose to a good team. I'm basing it on how the team plays. 

I think you said let's see how we do against Purdue but if I'm not mistaken FSU beat Purdue.

Not sure why we're discussing uniforms, but since we've dipped into that debate, here's my vote for what we wear at home: Silk red short-shorts with belts, white jerseys and wool socks. Don Schludnt and Slick Leonard wore it well! 

(P.S. I got no dog in the fight about unis. I don't care what we wear. I only have one simple request when it comes to that: If we ever go to a third/alternate uni, please, please, please don't make it black. That's what our little brothers up north wear; that's not our color). 

LARGE.thumb.jpg.a7c449763cdef2e0aea30314b5f1b9a2.jpg

10 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

They lost to FSU in a quasi home game for FSU, by 3 in overtime, their team is figuring it out still after losing some pieces from last year. 

So forgiving of Tech and Purdue. Nice avi! 

Excuses for opponents = rational

Excuses for Indiana = sushine pumping

8 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

They lost to FSU in a quasi home game for FSU, by 3 in overtime, their team is figuring it out still after losing some pieces from last year. 

Couple of things on this: 1) It’s December, everyone’s still figuring it out. 2) FSU beat Florida on the road and gave up 51. They beat Tenn and gave up 57. Purdue managed 60 in 45 mins. IU won’t play a better ball pressure team this year, not 1, and put 80 on them without the only primary ball handler on the roster.  That is a very good win. 

I'll throw in on the uniform debate. I'd love to see IU develop a 3rd alternate uniform that is similar to what Ohio State wore the other night, with the Indiana script across the chest. Since Archie got here, they've been using the script Indiana to close all of their video promotion. I'd love to see that incorporated on some uniforms. 
Agreed. I believe Hovadipo awhile back photoshopped a pic that suggested what it might look like and I thought it was awesome

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

God I miss this place. And you Old Friend, despite our differences. Can’t wait for how this season plays out. Go IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Finally, the Pap has come back to Brown Banners!! Miss your insight!