Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Still means a great deal to me personally but as far as in on court success “this is Indiana” means in the last 25 years IU is 8th in total wins out if the B1G teams and is 4th in total wins in the state of Indiana alone. Some realize what has happened over the last 25 years and have accepted this is going to be a struggle and fight to get this culture and program healed from past mistakes and others still see INDIANA across the chest and expect everything to be like it was with no struggles. I’m along for the struggle and fight anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The problem is that so many don’t want to realize there is an issue. They don’t want to realize the reality of IU basketball and think it’s still 1980. The kids we are recruiting weren’t alive when IU was good outside of the 3-4 seasons we have been since 93’. I wasn’t even born yet, Cheaney graduated a few months before I was born. Indiana is building now from the perspective of being a middle of the road Big Ten team at best. We aren’t building as a national presence. But at the same time we can’t settle. Because it is going to take a great coach and staff to put Indiana back where it belongs. We had one season where we great and we belonged. The fan base was crazy. People were happy. “This is Indiana” released and got people hyped. We don’t have that now. There isn’t a spark. It’s been a chore to watch the team the past 3 seasons. Need to get back to being a fun to team to watch. It might be best for Archie to let Green loose a bit. And someone needs to kick Smith in behind to start dunking on people. The players need to play with an energy and relentlessness that rubs off on the fans. That’s what we got with the 12-13 team. That team would take your lunch money and dunk on you. That’s what we need now. New era Indiana basketball. Not a time to play scared.

Bruce Pearl would win big here. College basketball has proven itself to reward those who cheat, as long as they deny wrongdoing.  It’s been over 40 years for us. I’m ready to win. As long as we aren’t paying hookers to polish......never mind. If the only rules we are breaking are NCAA Rules and not federal crimes, count me in.
The day we self reported ruined us. Kentuckly loves cal cause he is a slimeball willing to do whatever it takes to win. Kentucky will never ever self report so they are in the clear.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Are we just supposed to set back and not say anything about the state of this program

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Depends on how many times you want to say the same thing over and over. Probably after the first 20 times pretty much everyone on here will get the point on someone’s individual stance. After the 2135 time repeating the same negative thing verbatim then maybe some people might get a little sick of it and start ignoring or skipping over it

Yes. If you say anything your a hater.

That’s why it’s hard for me to support The Assembly Call and Inside the Hall. Had they let the IUBB faithful know that Crean didn’t even have a practice schedule people would have been calling for his head a lot sooner.

All the media guys really hurt the program by not reporting the truth about Crean. And still hurt IUBB by not just reporting that we have a bad AD or President running the whole show.

That’s why it’s hard for me to support The Assembly Call and Inside the Hall. Had they let the IUBB faithful know that Crean didn’t even have a practice schedule people would have been calling for his head a lot sooner.

All the media guys really hurt the program by not reporting the truth about Crean. And still hurt IUBB by not just reporting that we have a bad AD or President running the whole show.

The guys at Inside the Hall and Assembly Call are pansies. They suck up more than anyone. If guys like that would be more critical when needed rather than farting out rainbows all the time, they would actually be useful.

The guys at Inside the Hall and Assembly Call are pansies. They suck up more than anyone. If guys like that would be more critical when needed rather than farting out rainbows all the time, they would actually be useful.

I had to quit listening to the assembly call. It was nothing but roses and sunshine. No matter how bad we lost they always try and make it a positive. They are sticking up for archie hard just like they did for crean.

Can you imagine if inside the Hall did what was right and actually wrote a piece in 2010/2011on how we should move on from Tom

Crean and go after Brad Stevens? Instead it’s more “next year is gonna to be fantastic”,v

Edited because I put the wrong year*

Can you imagine if inside the Hall did what was right and actually wrote a piece in 2009 on how we should move on from Tom

Crean and go after Brad Stevens? Instead it’s more “next year is gonna to be fantastic”,v

A. If you are expecting a site like ITH to make any article like this and upset they don’t, then who is the one being naive? They can’t and won’t because IU won’t let them.

B. You expect them to do that in 2009, for a coach that has been a head coach at Butler 2 years and never made it past the round of 32?

Funny thing we have a coach that did it at a higher level than Brad and two years in here we are with the complaints. I am not saying Archie is better than Brad but can anyone imagine how this board would go ape **** at both ITH for insinuating IU do this and IU for doing this? You being bothered by this is more on you than that scenario. Because in no real universe is that situation going to play out how you want. Let alone fire Crean two seasons in after what he came into. You can scream that was the wrong hire all you want. That’s definitely debatable. But suggesting he should have been fired after year 2 is just dumb.

The problem is that so many don’t want to realize there is an issue. They don’t want to realize the reality of IU basketball and think it’s still 1980. The kids we are recruiting weren’t alive when IU was good outside of the 3-4 seasons we have been since 93’. I wasn’t even born yet, Cheaney graduated a few months before I was born. Indiana is building now from the perspective of being a middle of the road Big Ten team at best. We aren’t building as a national presence. But at the same time we can’t settle. Because it is going to take a great coach and staff to put Indiana back where it belongs. We had one season where we great and we belonged. The fan base was crazy. People were happy. “This is Indiana” released and got people hyped. We don’t have that now. There isn’t a spark. It’s been a chore to watch the team the past 3 seasons. Need to get back to being a fun to team to watch. It might be best for Archie to let Green loose a bit. And someone needs to kick Smith in behind to start dunking on people. The players need to play with an energy and relentlessness that rubs off on the fans. That’s what we got with the 12-13 team. That team would take your lunch money and dunk on you. That’s what we need now. New era Indiana basketball. Not a time to play scared.

You don’t give enough credit to the ones passionate enough to follow the program as most on here. I would guess the majority on here know the state of the program and know it’s going to be a long uphill battle to get back what we once had. There are a few, extremely vocal, keyboard warriors on here that spew the same **** 100x a day. What does that accomplish? Creating more needless chaos helps nothing but gets a few posters panties wet hoping they can stir the pot. To the rest of us, we would prefer those to follow the “it’s better to STFU and have people assume you’re a **** tard instead of opening it and confirming it.” - Navy EOD instructor

Awesome, please go to your “boss” and tell them they’re a stupid ****. Let’s see how that works out. They can be critical but they can’t bash the program or that honey hole drys up. I grew up with Alex and that’s not the kind of douchebag he is unlike some on here typing their little fingers off thinking they have all the answers.

Now, to your “point.” How the hell does that work? The people that make the decisions already knew what type of coach he was. It wasn’t some big surprise to them. Did you think of that. (Rhetorical question) The fans on message boards like these actively sought out information and also knew that. It wasn’t a big surprise. The ones not on these boards aren’t quite as passionate about the program. Would they read Alex and Co. bashing the program. (Again rhetorical) and care enough to push Glass to fire him. No, they’re little fish just like you and me.

Yep, for starters Alex is a good dude. He gets to do what he loves for a University he loves. Much like us when we were trying to get press passes IU is very aware of what is posted on their board and what they don’t like. That includes the comment section or free forums. They let you know and hold those press passes over your head. If people don’t like what they write why don’t they start their own site? Obviously if their negativity and strong opinions are so popular they will have no problem from the university or group of people willing to read what they wrote.

Yep, for starters Alex is a good dude. He gets to do what he loves for a University he loves. Much like us when we were trying to get press passes IU is very aware of what is posted on their board and what they don’t like. That includes the comment section or free forums. They let you know and hold those press passes over your head. If people don’t like what they write why don’t they start their own site? Obviously if their negativity and strong opinions are so popular they will have no problem from the university or group of people willing to read what they wrote.

Endlessly bitching about the same **** everyday > creating something. Do you think they would actually be capable of creating a website, let alone any threads that existed out of the “Fire Fred Glass because” “Fire the coach” Fire the president” “we’re terrible!” Bubble? I’m sure they would gain unprecedented success with their **** show.

Like I told you the other day when you said this you have 0 clue what you are talking about when it comes to this. Why don’t you start the anti-ITH? We will all come visit and read your articles. Once you find out how expensive it is to run your own site. Hope you have enough followers to be up next month. Get told what you can or cannot write. Get told what comments are and are not acceptable. I would say think before you type but that would be about as useful as your comment.

Like I told you the other day when you said this you have 0 clue what you are talking about when it comes to this. Why don’t you start the anti-ITH? We will all come visit and read your articles. Once you find out how expensive it is to run your own site. Hope you have enough followers to be up next month. Get told what you can or cannot write. Get told what comments are and are not acceptable. I would say think before you type but that would be about as useful as your comment.

Who tells them what comments are acceptable and how does that person have that kind of leverage? Can’t you still produce quality work without a press pass?

Who tells them what comments are acceptable and how does that person have that kind of leverage? Can’t you still produce quality work without a press pass?  

IU athletic department does. We ran into this that year and have in the past almost merged with ITH. To your second question not the way you guys are suggesting. Plus if that’s the way you make your living come on man. Do you think 41 here makes as much as Alex at ITH does? Come on. We would be lucky to have broke even. Alex makes his money from inside access sites like these without press passes can’t provide. 

A. If you are expecting a site like ITH to make any article like this and upset they don’t, then who is the one being naive? They can’t and won’t because IU won’t let them.  
B. You expect them to do that in 2009, for a coach that has been a head coach at Butler 2 years and never made it past the round of 32?

Funny thing we have a coach that did it at a higher level than Brad and two years in here we are with the complaints. I am not saying Archie is better than Brad but can anyone imagine how this board would go ape **** at both ITH for insinuating IU do this and IU for doing this? You being bothered by this is more on you than that scenario. Because in no real universe is that situation going to play out how you want. Let alone fire Crean two seasons in after what he came into. You can scream that was the wrong hire all you want. That’s definitely debatable. But suggesting he should have been fired after year 2 is just dumb.

What? 2009-2010, Butler goes 33-5 lead by Gordon Hayward and loses to Duke in the national title game. 2010-2011, Butler goes 28-10 and loses to UConn and Kemba Walker being lead by Shelvin Mack and Howard. Crazy to think fans wanted Crean gone and Stevens brought in after taking Butler to back to back title games...