Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yes all of the people outside of our fan base give a damn about our football program and magically always have. Must have missed that the last 37 years of my life. I apologize. Basketball we have sucked. But if you guys think changing an AD without making changes higher on the food chain changes anything you are nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just said no one cares about the football program. Because it is terrible and a joke it even exist still. But if it were even just decent, like winning 6-7 games a year. It’d be a lot different. But we aren’t even close to that. Basketball is considered a joke because fans want to act as if we’re still an elite program winning when we really haven’t been very good for 20+ years. Basketball is considered a has been at best to other fan bases.

I just said no one cares about the football program. Because it is terrible and a joke it even exist still. But if it were even just decent, like winning 6-7 games a year. It’d be a lot different. But we aren’t even close to that. Basketball is considered a joke because fans want to act as if we’re still an elite program winning when we really haven’t been very good for 20+ years. Basketball is considered a has been at best to other fan bases.

Our fans feel we are a blue blood but I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks we are elite.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The constant harping to fire Fred Glass through repetitive b***ching on this board is so misdirected.  Those of you in this group of posters need to re-direct your energies to the Board of Trustees because that's who is going to make that decision and I doubt if any of them really pay much attention to your postings on btb.  You'll find the complete list at the link below; have at it.  But note that Harry Gonso, a member of our 1967 Rose Bowl team and Quinn Buckner a member of our '76 undefeated NCAA champs are both trustees.  Another trustee is James Morris, Vice Chairman of the Pacers and a former treasurer of the U.S. Olympic Committee.  Athletics aren't exactly shut out from representation at the highest level.   But please, if it will make you feel better, start bombarding them with letters, emails, texts, etc.  I've started blocking some of you which I really hate to do because you do sometimes offer some good insight and commentary but enough is enough.  This is an open forum and criticism should be expected (even encouraged to a point) and it's often justified but you've made your positions more than clear and I've simply grown weary of your 24/7 incessant carping in virtually every thread.  

https://trustees.iu.edu/the-trustees/current-trustees/index.html

I started this thread, the "Fire Fred Glass" thread as a safe space for people like me to vent their frustrations with the Athletic Department. I hope that no one gets blocked by you for their opinions in this thread. 

Out of the following members on the BOT, which ones are capable in both firing Fred Glass and making the correct hire going forward? Gonso, McRobbie and Fred Glass act like best friends, no? It seems like the system of checks and balances are all in favor of retaining him for many more years to come. 

I started this thread, the "Fire Fred Glass" thread as a safe space for people like me to vent their frustrations with the Athletic Department. I hope that no one gets blocked by you for their opinions in this thread. 

Out of the following members on the BOT, which ones are capable in both firing Fred Glass and making the correct hire going forward? Gonso, McRobbie and Fred Glass act like best friends, no? It seems like the system of checks and balances are all in favor of retaining him for many more years to come. 

I would say go to one of the open meetings if you feel that is a better way to be heard. They have 6 a year and the next one is April 4-5 in Bloomington. In fact I highly recommend anyone that feels as strongly as they do in this thread to say it to these people’s face.

I would say go to one of the open meetings if you feel that is a better way to be heard. They have 6 a year and the next one is April 4-5 in Bloomington. In fact I highly recommend anyone that feels as strongly as they do in this thread to say it to these people’s face.

Sweet. Where is it at?

If I was a betting man, I'd wager they won't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If I was a betting man, I'd wager they won't.

Me neither. But I wouldn’t necessarily agree with them, but I would respect the hell out of them if they went and voiced their opinion.

Me neither. But I wouldn’t necessarily agree with them, but I would respect the hell out of them if they went and voiced their opinion.

As would I. It's been my experience the vast majority of people love to complain about things, but never do anything about like going to board meetings to give their concerns/complaints to the people that actually make decisions.

It is interesting. They mainly give breakdowns in the various areas as well as updates on constructions and upcoming projects.

I've never been to a College board meeting. I was a Schoolboard member here and routinely still attend board meetings and village council meetings.

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

You know I've pushed this for years. Hopefully some people follow thru. About time Shoulders finds someone else to glare at besides me.

You know I've pushed this for years. Hopefully some people follow thru. About time Shoulders finds someone else to glare at besides me.

Mine used to be Mike Mirro. He came in strong with ideas but then fell into the comfort of the position when it came to athletics. Lol I know you have been a Shoulders fan for years.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Mine used to be Mike Mirro. He came in strong with ideas but then fell into the comfort of the position when it came to athletics. Lol I know you have been a Shoulders fan for years.

Yep. 17 years on the board, before that chair of the Alumni Association, before that  the Varsity Club. He's been there the entire time. He's the last person that should be sitting in a meeting pointing fingers and paying lip service to "patience running out". I smelled a rat 12 years ago, unfortunately I was right.

2 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

Yep. 17 years on the board, before that chair of the Alumni Association, before that  the Varsity Club. He's been there the entire time. He's the last person that should be sitting in a meeting pointing fingers and paying lip service to "patience running out". I smelled a rat 12 years ago, unfortunately I was right.

Dakich kills the guy every chance he gets.  He's also right!