Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Will Trayce Go Pro?

It seems clear to me that TJD will get his NBA assessment after this year.

Based on what y’all have seen so far...

Would he get drafted, and if so, about where?

How likely is he to go?

ps... my son says no way he’s a first round consideration, and therefore he stays. I’m starting to disagree.

It seems clear to me that TJD will get his NBA assessment after this year.

Based on what y’all have seen so far...

Would he get drafted, and if so, about where?

How likely is he to go?

ps... my son says no way he’s a first round consideration, and therefore he stays. I’m starting to disagree.

Yes he would get drafted but am hoping he stays a year to develop and be a higher draft pick later. If he leaves after this year I see some g league in his future

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve been thinking this for a long time. I think he could get drafted and if he finds his way into the first round I think he could and should leave.

We’re in for a world of hurt if he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Worried. I think he’s a first round pick if he declares. He’s basically our team this year. Love everything about him.

He does need to develop strength and some outside game because he’s not a 5 in the NBA.

He also hasn’t faced many talented bigs yet in college. He’ll have tests coming.

Personally I think he stays another year. He seems so smart and grounded. He’ll make the best decision for himself. One of my favorite Hoosiers already. Just a cool cat.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Trayce definitely will not go if he isn't a 1st rounder and mock draft boards currently do not list him as going in the 1st round. Obviously, things change as the season goes on. It would be nice for him to stay another year since IU has no one coming in to replace him and there is no one else on the team at his talent level. Two years of TJD and Josh Smith playing together could mean an extended run in the 2021 NCAA tournament.

Jackson-David would get drafted but there’s still a lot of season left. I would think he’s a late first round, early second rounder today.

Like others have posted, he needs to add some strength and a jump shot. He has a good feel for the game but he hasn’t faced high level talent yet. It’ll be interesting to see how he does against some of the other bigs in conference.

I believe (hope) he returns for his sophomore year to play with his friends and elevate the program to a higher level. If he ends up mid first round to lottery I would think he goes.

Worth adding. Couple weeks ago his brother tweeted about people sleeping cause he isn’t in mock drafts yet. Take that fwiw.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Speaking of his brother. The reason many around the area that was so confident that TJD was going to IU is how close he is with family. TJD going to school so close allowed him to travel to a bunch of his brothers football games this year (I saw him at 4 and allowed him to travel after an IU game and catch him play in the state finals game). Next year center grove should be the preseason #1 team in the state. I could see him coming back even if he is projected late first round just to be around next year to see his brother chase a state title.

As far as on the court I can’t see him leaving early until he develops a shot. What he does great in college now will not translate to the NBA I don’t think(others with more NBA knowledge can help me out). At his size going up against other centers and scoring like he is doing in college seems less the ideal. I’m trying to imagine him scoring against Drummond down low without a mid range shot.

He was sold on the player development if he came to IU and I can say as someone that has watched for 4 years in high school that IU’s player development has already paid dividends with early returns. His foul shooting is way better in college then it had been in high school. My guess is he comes back next year and you will see him taking more outside shots after another summer of development. Having said all that it really only takes 1 team to fall in love with you and there will be no question he will take advantage of testing the waters and he will most definitely be invited to the combine.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

39 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I agree 100% with USPS. He will do the assessment and they will tell him he needs to get an outside shot. He will come back next year and be shooting midrange a lot more than this year

Agreed, and on top of that there’s no way (at least at this point) would he be considered a lottery pick. I think at best he’s a early 2nd rounder. People get too caught up in how good they think a player is and forget all the top prospects NBA GMs will want ahead of the player in question.

TJDs current game won’t translate at the next level at his size so he’ll need to develop his shooting and perimeter defense before he’ll ever be a 1st rounder. All that said, doesn’t mean he’ll stay but I think leaving will prove to be a mistake 

I'm not even going to think about this and give myself a headache.  We aren't even a third of a way through his freshman season and people are starting to panic that he is a one and done.  Just going to enjoy the whole season as best I can and then worry about who goes and stays after the season is over.  We are getting the cart ahead of the horse here.