Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Nebraska 12/13 8 pm BTN

There's gotta be somebody on this team who can turn himself into a good shooter. As a freshman and sophomore, Oladipo couldn't throw the ball into the ocean. When he came back for his junior season, he was a pretty dadgum good shooter. I'm guessing he busted his A$$ during the offseason. It can be done. 
I think it's Green but unfortunately he often times takes himself out of the game before he can get going due to his mental lapses.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

He started doing that late against UCONN as well. If TJD doesn’t get switched to one of the guards it’s fine but he can’t stay in front of point guards. We need to have Smith or Anderson rotating back to take the lane away. We also get confused recovering from this with either both defenders (guy collapsing and guy covering) leaving the shooter or both going to the shooter. We need better communication with this.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes.

I only really like TJD, Phin, Smith (playing better but teams will sag off him as the season progresses and his offense will be nil).

So much for a deep roster. Kinda like, when you have 3 qbs you don’t have one. That’s why we have an 11 man rotation.

Franklin stunk the place up tonight. Another guard who can’t shoot.

All seem like good kids. Rooting for them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Can’t justify Franklin taking 4 from distance right now. Normally I’d say if provided a nice open look, go ahead and shoot yourself out, but he’s missing by miles. He too quick to huck it. Would like to see him look to penetrate first. He’s open for a reason lately, and he’s not Romeo, but the kid passes well off the bounce and a couple nice assists to other shooters might help jump start his confidence.

Got to give TJD his props....he certainly is a man.  Think back to the two players of most similar incoming pedigree to him --- Noah Vonleh and Thomas Bryant.  Have to say that TJD is better than either of them were as freshman.

I asked this question at this beginning of the year. I think he’s not as great as Vonleh, who was epic, but maybe as impactful as Zeller. Disappearing during the Wisconsin game makes me want to wait and see, but he’s the best freshman under Archie so far.

9 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

At what point do people start ripping on Cliff Marshall? What’s the difference between him and the guy before him that everyone jumped all over?

Our training has been worrisome. However, I'm not sure how many days off these boys get a week. The physicality at which we play at, I'd say two days or at least one full day off and light work another day would be ideal. 

This is not one game. MSU didn’t play like crap 3 games in a row

We didn't look great against Uconn, but they're a pretty good team. We were only favored by 1.5 I believe and won by 3. Shooting was abysmal, but that was a pretty good win. Yes, the Wisconsin and Nebraska games were bad effort, but grinding out a win in MSG against a solid opponent does not fit with the other 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this team and I think they have potential. Hate to state the obvious, but they need to do the little things a lot better. Stop the stupid TO and stop taking plays off on the DEF end. If they can do that, they will have one hurdle left - outside shooting. I’m not sure they can fix that this year, but they need to sure up the other areas quickly. The good thing is they haven’t dug themselves into a hole with the sloppy play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It goes without saying that teams playing IU hit unconscious 3’s.
60% of the time..... it happens EVERY time.
#defendthearc

We really don't try to affect the shot we just kind of half-heartedly run over there with our hand raised

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’m just taking things game by game, because although we are 10-1, my basketball eye tells me we suck. We do have an ace up our sleeve in TJD.

If Archie had recruited better........ give me Carton and Brooks on this team with TJD.

Much of our roster is bleh... can’t guard 1v1, shoot the ball. That’s a recipe for disaster yet we are 10-1. Hoping the avalanche doesn’t activate.

I have to agree with a lot of what you said

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

To anyone that has knowledge. I thought Franklin was supposed to be a decent outside shooter?Or did I make that up in my brain....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That was the one part of the game he needed to improve and his Senior year last year he seemed to have done that. But he wasn’t known has a shooter

That was the one part of the game he needed to improve and his Senior year last year he seemed to have done that. But he wasn’t known has a shooter

Lets not forget though it can be tough to come in as a Freshman with a vigorous training/lifting schedule where your body changes. Not saying that’s a huge problem, but it can play a factor.

I’ve calmed down since last night, but still very worried we might be on a similar path as lat year. I don’t think as severe, which means a tourney birth, but still very worrisome.

This team does ooze potential to be very good, especially when clicking. Just don’t get the inconsistency and lack of want to at times.