Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs UConn Game Thread 12/10 @ 9:00 pm ESPN

Their scoring and I believe pace increased in the tournament. They had a few barn burner offensive performances if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m wrong. But the Purdue and Texas Tech games were excellent basketball.

Their scoring and I believe pace increased in the tournament. They had a few barn burner offensive performances if I remember correctly.

They actually played a little slower. I linked an article about it a while back

I’m wrong. But the Purdue and Texas Tech games were excellent basketball.

Yep Purdue/Virginia game one of the best games of the last 20 years. Magical run for them. That second weekend of the tournament was easily the best one I’ve ever seen. Epic game after epic game

So our non ugly games are games where we shoot 60 percent from the line and turn it over 18 times. That’s not exactly a great sign if that’s the best example of a non ugly game you got. 

If you single out those two stats and ignore the rest then sure.

6 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If you single out those two stats and ignore the rest then sure.

Not ignoring the rest but looking at the whole picture. And if our bear game includes those two stats then yikes. 

Not sure if it’s funny or sad people are still arguing that we don’t play Ugly as our standard basketball.  

1 hour ago, HoosierAlex said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/indiana/1976-schedule.html

The 76 Hoosiers went undefeated with a few close calls. An ugly win is still a win 10-1 is still a great record. A road win is still a good win.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Excellent point. I remember several really hard fought games for the '76 team. To my eyes, the '75 team was better by a good bit. Miller, from a philosophical standpoint, is very similar to Knight. He's a fundamental, emphasize defense, and get to the free throw line kind of coach. So was Knight.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:56 AM, Brass Cannon said:

Not ignoring the rest but looking at the whole picture. And if our bear game includes those two stats then yikes. 

Not sure if it’s funny or sad people are still arguing that we don’t play Ugly as our standard basketball.  

Fine, call it ugly. It’s going to be that way this season because we don’t have an elite guard or wing. IU is going to have to gut out a lot of wins, unless Phinisee makes a leap now that he’s healthy (which is possible), Green magically becomes consistent (less likely) and/or Hunter or Anderson make an in-season offensive leap (not sure if that can happen). 

An ugly, gut it out win is still a win and if IU can get 20+ of those then we’re a tournament lock.