Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Wisconsin Game Thread 12/7 @ 4:30 pm BTN

Where do you go from here?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You get better. You forget the result of the game but remember the feeling of being embarrassed. You work and LEAD to move forward. You go out and make the next game your best game. You don’t allow this to cost you two (or 12) games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think the real root of the issue too is that Archie is doing things that don’t make sense. IE lineups. And they continue to not work. 

Most coaches when down 11-13 nearing the end of the half would put in a strong line up to try and cut the lead to 5-10 before half. Archie goes the other route and roles out nonsensical lineups filled with players that are struggling in general or even that game. 

I think the real root of the issue too is that Archie is doing things that don’t make sense. IE lineups. And they continue to not work. 

Most coaches when down 11-13 nearing the end of the half would put in a strong line up to try and cut the lead to 5-10 before half. Archie goes the other route and roles out nonsensical lineups filled with players that are struggling in general or even that game. 

The ones blowing rainbows up their butts were likely calling for Creans head.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Don’t let it get to you. Just use the wait and see line that some use when IU actually wins. Wait and see how the season plays out. Wisky playing today could of been that fools gold that some were telling could of been IU. Long season to go and any loss especially one like this one is going to have people upset. In reality for this year it’s just one road conference loss. Teams lay duds all the time on the road in conference. Look ahead to Tuesday

I know that.  It’s just when you go through a life changing event (not a recent one in my case but one that forced me to look at things in a completely different manner), I simply try to choose to try and not engage with people who can’t put things in their proper perspective.  I agree 100% with what you are saying in terms of saying about it being a single game....just like Florida State was.  Bottom line, sports are entertainment.  I guess I just don’t understand those who make a conscience choice to not be entertained when we show success but are the first to bring others down to their level of misery when the entertainment isn’t there.

bottom line, if you don’t enjoy the wins but show up on to post about your misery on the losses, then you’re the type of person who is only happy when you’re unhappy....the type of person who would rather be right in their misery than be wrong and be pleased.  The fact that I can’t tolerate these kind of people is a weakness of mine....and I can either get better at dealing with it or choose to avoid dealing with. 

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Also I feel like Brunk is 8th or 9th option type of player. Certainly not worthy of playing starter minutes

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

To be fair, he’s starting but not really getting what I’d call starter’s minutes.  I think he’s right at 19 minutes per game.  I thought today was a bad match up for him and thought Race was a better guy to have in.  I certainty could see him losing minutes to Race going forward.

5 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I know that.  It’s just when you go through a life changing event (not a recent one in my case but one that forced me to look at things in a completely different manner), I simply try to choose to try and not engage with people who can’t put things in their proper perspective.  I agree 100% with what you are saying in terms of saying about it being a single game....just like Florida State was.  Bottom line, sports are entertainment.  I guess I just don’t understand those who make a conscience choice to not be entertained when we show success but are the first to bring others down to their level of misery when the entertainment isn’t there.

bottom line, if you don’t enjoy the wins but show up on to post about your misery on the losses, then you’re the type of person who is only happy when you’re unhappy....the type of person who would rather be right in their misery than be wrong and be pleased.  The fact that I can’t tolerate these kind of people is a weakness of mine....and I can either get better at dealing with it or choose to avoid dealing with. 

This is a sport forum dude. Not real life. Why would you let this affect your life?