Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs Florida St Game Thread 12/3 @ 9 pm ESPN2

NOTES: IU Hosts No. 17/19 Florida State in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge

Story Links

INDIANA GAME NOTES (PDF)

WATCH ONLINE

LIVE STATS

LISTEN VIA TUNEIN

BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE CENTRAL

OPENING TIP

Indiana University is in its 120th season of competition in men's basketball and will host #17/19 Florida State on Tuesday in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. The Hoosiers are coming off a 64-50 win over South Dakota State in the Indiana Challenge, while the Seminoles won the Emerald Coast Classic defeating Purdue in overtime in the championship game, 63-60 on Saturday. This is the 5th straight year and 7th in the last 8 challenges that IU has faced a ranked opponent.

A victory on Tuesday would give IU an 8-0 start for the first time since the 2012-13 season when they began the year 9-0. The Hoosiers just completed an undefeated month for the second time in two seasons (6-0, December, 2018).

GAME INFORMATION

Tuesday, Dec. 3 • 9 p.m.

Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall (17,222)

TV: ESPN2 (Dave Flemming, Jordan Cornette)

Radio: IU Radio Network (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr, Joe Smith)

Series History: Indiana leads, 4-0

Last Meeting: IU 81, FSU 78; 11/25/92

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This would be a huge win for Archie and this team. Really need this one as it'll likely be the only NCAA tourney team we play in the non conference and will easily be our biggest test to date.

These next few are huge for us. I hate the ACC and all the love they get, hoping for an IU win and BIGTEN victory to shut up ESPN and others about how good the ACC is. It will be hard for them to make that argument if they lose to the Bigten

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Some great insight from Sam Story on tonight's game. 

tldr - if we score more points, we win!

I’ve run across a large handful of self-important people on the internet, but Sam is on a completely different planet. And people just keep feeding the beast. 

I’ve run across a large handful of self-important people on the internet, but Sam is on a completely different planet. And people just keep feeding the beast. 

If we pound it and chase it I like our chances. For some reason that made me laugh. I can’t say I fault the logic.

43 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

With a fanbase our size, there will always be disagreements from within.  Luckily for us, we have Sam Story to unite us in one collective eye roll.

However, I didn't realize FSU is playing their third game in five days.  I don't know which way I'm leaning in prediction now.

52 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Any chance Sam's lurkin' on this board somewhere? I talked sh!t about him a couple weeks ago on here and then very soon after got a Twitter follow request from him and I never post anything on there. It was weird...

Any chance Sam's lurkin' on this board somewhere? I talked sh!t about him a couple weeks ago on here and then very soon after got a Twitter follow request from him and I never post anything on there. It was weird...

Yes

15 minutes ago, Hollywood Mike Miranda said:

Where do you think he gets his info?