Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread:POTFB 11/30 @ 12 ESPN2

From the reddit post-game thread:

Final numbers for the decade:

Purdue 43 wins overall, 4 wins in bucket game, 0 times ranked

Indiana 49 wins overall (can get 1 more), 6 wins in bucket game, 1 time ranked

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/e43jmr/postgame_thread_indiana_defeats_purdue_4441_2ot/f96o2tf/

:92:

p.s.  CRAZY to think that 2020 is right around the corner!

Edited by bizzle44

57 minutes ago, Josh said:

And their resident troll is salty on here lol

What is Purdoo?  A football school?  No.  A basketball school?  Nah.  Are they good at anything?

Salty? Lol. I congratulated you guys on the win. 

24 minutes ago, bizzle44 said:

From the reddit post-game thread:

https://old.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/e43jmr/postgame_thread_indiana_defeats_purdue_4441_2ot/f96o2tf/

:92:

p.s.  CRAZY to think that 2020 is right around the corner!

I’m surprised you only had 6 more wins than us when we had the worst 4-year stretch in our history. Would’ve guessed more. 

6 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Purdouche fans are already claiming they will win back the Bucket next year. Newsflash, IU is a young team with a boatload of returning talent. I am sure the recruiting class will add a few more good players as well.

Purdue fans are always talking about the future, and I love it. Opportunities come and go in sports at the drop of a hat. There isn't always a next year. Players get injured, players transfer, players quit, coaches move around, stuff happens. These players they keep chirping about missing now have an established track record of getting hurt...meaning they could easily be hurt again. Or someone else could go down...like I said, stuff happens, and you just have to make the most of it. Things change, and they can change quickly. A year ago, I thought there was no chance we win this game today, but we did. 

I'm really, really glad we got #8 today. This could have been a program-changing loss that could have sent us into our bowl game and offseason on a downward spiral. I'm convinced that if we had blown this, nothing we could have done in our bowl game would have made up for it. And if we lost the bowl game too...imagine trying to recruit this offseason on a 4-game losing streak. Everything our staff would point to would be countered with "yeah, but you lost 4 straight, and you can't beat Purdue." Instead, they can show recruits the celebration of winning this game and a player yelling "best coach in the country right here!" while Allen was interviewed afterward.

We not only got the bucket back today, we got a whole lot of ammo for the recruiting trail. And we get to play another game! I'm not sure I've ever felt this optimistic about IU football...on the eve of December, no less. 

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Your congratulation came book ended with injury excuses.  It was a congratulation sandwich with excuse bread.

It's fitting that the decade started and ended with us winning at Purdue in overtime, and boiler constantly bemoaning injuries on IU boards after both games. 

27 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Salty? Lol. I congratulated you guys on the win. 

Oh...well that certainly means you're not salty then.  A thousand apologies good sport

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You guys had a good win today. Will be interesting to see how each school’s 2021 class pans out. I still have my money on Brohm and staff especially with the in-state guys they’re in on. 

Recruiting instate guys in football will not make you alot of money! Injuries or not, Brohm is paid top dollars. You would have to agree so far your not seeing a very good return on investment. Allen's connections in the South are paying dividends for what he is paid.

1 minute ago, jk34 said:

Recruiting instate guys in football will not make you alot of money! Injuries or not, Brohm is paid top dollars. You would have to agree so far your not seeing a very good return on investment. Allen's connections in the South are paying dividends for what he is paid.

ROI isn’t great but it’s been a year that was mostly out of his control. If we win 4 games next year with a healthy roster, that’ll be time to sound the alarm. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

ROI isn’t great but it’s been a year that was mostly out of his control. If we win 4 games next year with a healthy roster, that’ll be time to sound the alarm. 

Agree. I believe Archie and Jeff are in the same boat. 4-5 years to get your culture and full recruiting cycle in. Both had a year where injuries were a major factor.

Just now, jk34 said:

Agree. I believe Archie and Jeff are in the same boat. 4-5 years to get your culture and full recruiting cycle in. Both had a year where injuries were a major factor.

Agree 100%

I’m surprised you only had 6 more wins than us when we had the worst 4-year stretch in our history. Would’ve guessed more. 

It is kind of like during our worst 20 years in basketball we still had almost as many BT wins and went to the national championship game. I was surprised to see that our down years are as good or better than Purdue’s best years. Surprised I was

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app