Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs SDSU 11/30 @ 4 pm BTN+

NOTES: IU Concludes Indiana Challenge By Hosting South Dakota State

OPENING TIP

Indiana University is in its 120th season of competition in men's basketball and will host South Dakota State on Saturday in the final game of the Indiana Challenge. The Hoosiers are coming off an 88-75 win over Louisiana Tech on Monday. IU also has defeated Princeton, 79-54, and Troy, 100-62, in the event. A victory on Saturday would give IU a 7-0 start for the first time since the 2012-13 season when they began the year 9-0 and would complete a undefeated month for the second time in two seasons (6-0, December, 2018).

GAME INFORMATION

Saturday, Nov. 30 • 4 p.m.

Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall (17,222)

TV: BTN+ (Sam Niedermann, Griffin Gonzalez, Mary Kate Hamilton) | Watch

Radio: IU Radio Network (Greg Murray, Errek Suhr) | TuneIn

Series History: First-ever meeting

THE COACHES

Indiana Coach Archie Miller is in his third season of guiding the Cream and Crimson. Last year, the Hoosiers finished 19-16 and advanced to the quarterfinals of the NIT. He is 180-94 in eight-plus years as a head coach, which includes six years at the University of Dayton. His Flyer teams made NCAA Tournament appearances in each of his last four seasons, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2014. He is 41-31 at IU. Eric Henderson was promoted to head coach of Jackrabbit men's basketball March 27, 2019 and is in his first year at the helm in 2019-20. He spent the past three years as an assistant under T.J. Otzelberger, rising to associate head coach for the 2018-19 campaign

NEWS & NOTES

Junior Al Durham leads the team averaging 15.2 points and is shooting 60.8% from the field. Freshman Trayce Jackson-Davis is averaging 15.0 points and a team-high 8.8 rebounds. He leads the team shooting 71.8% from the floor. He is coming off his third double-double of the season with 21 points and 11 rebounds against Louisiana Tech. Senior Devonte Green is averaging 16.0 points per game in his last 2 games. He has made a team-high 5 3FG in those two games. Graduate transfer Joey Brunk is averaging 14.0 points and 8.0 rebounds in the last 2 games. Junior Justin Smith is averaging a 13.7 points adds 4.7 rebounds and leads the team in steals with 13.

ODDS AND TRENDS

Sophomore Damezi Anderson has scored 31 points this season equaling his total output during his freshman year. Nine of the 11 scholarship players for the Hoosiers have scored in double figures in at least one game this season.

The Hoosiers are second in the nation in scoring (90.2) and are third in field goal percentage shooting 53.0% from the field.

IU leads the nation in free throws made per game at 23.2 and free throws attempted at 30.8 per game. IU is tied for the Big Ten lead in scoring margin at 24.3 points per game. Following Saturday, the Hoosiers will face high major competition in their final 24 games of the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Picked up decent seats for cheap to this one! Section B, row 31 for $14. Didn’t realize it wasn’t televised, glad I got tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We were planning to go to this game but the high school football team decided to make it to state tomorrow so we are going to Lucas Oil. Go Trojans. I will still watch on BTN+

We were planning to go to this game but the high school football team decided to make it to state tomorrow so we are going to Lucas Oil. Go Trojans. I will still watch on BTN+

My buddy’s kid is #70 for CG. Rooting for them tomorrow!

Picked up decent seats for cheap to this one! Section B, row 31 for $14. Didn’t realize it wasn’t televised, glad I got tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, I bought some seats on the floor for $30 a ticket. The wooden bleachers aren’t nearly as nice to sit on but my son is pretty excited to be that close to the action.

Does anyone know when the game will be televised on BTN so Hoosier fans not attending the game and who are unwilling to pay the b.s. additional cost for the "plus" version can watch?