Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Who Am I? (Hoosiers edition)

Here’s how it’ll go - you provide a hint in reference of a former Hoosier for everyone to guess, the person to guess it correctly then starts the next round with a new hint for a new Hoosier and so on. Can be players, coaches, media figures, or other notable individuals affiliated with the program.

I’ll go first:

I won Mr. Basketball in high school, played for Indiana and made a final four during my collegiate career but not with IU. Who am I?

Here’s how it’ll go - you provide a hint in reference of a former Hoosier for everyone to guess, the person to guess it correctly then starts the next round with a new hint for a new Hoosier and so on. Can be players, coaches, media figures, or other notable individuals affiliated with the program.
I’ll go first:
I won Mr. Basketball in high school, played for Indiana and made a final four during my collegiate career but not with IU. Who am I?

Delray Brooks

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

I’ll go first:

Another piece of trivia regarding that situation. ... What Brooks' teammate on his Final Four team became our coach after Tom Crean was fired? ... Well, almost. ... Well, not really almost ... Well, not really close, but had everybody on this site flipping out for one afternoon -- almost like a "War of the Worlds" situation. 

2 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

Let’s try this again. After you guess, you are supposed to leave a hint about a new Hoosiers for everyone to guess on.

I was the first Hoosier to score 2,000 career points. Who am I?

I'm gonna guess Don Schlundt. ... He went to the same high school as my mother, but was a couple years older. Back then, it was Washington Clay because it was not yet part of the South Bend school system. (Later on, of course, it did and is known as South Bend Clay). 

Another piece of trivia regarding that situation. ... What Brooks' teammate on his Final Four team became our coach after Tom Crean was fired? ... Well, almost. ... Well, not really almost ... Well, not really close, but had everybody on this site flipping out for one afternoon -- almost like a "War of the Worlds" situation. 

Steve Alford?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm gonna guess Don Schlundt. ... He went to the same high school as my mother, but was a couple years older. Back then, it was Washington Clay because it was not yet part of the South Bend school system. (Later on, of course, it did and became known as South Bend Clay). 

Name all IU 2,000 point scorers!

Edit: in order

Edit, edit: 1) Calbert Cheaney

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Let’s try this again. After you guess, you are supposed to leave a hint about a new Hoosiers for everyone to guess on.
I was the first Hoosier to score 2,000 career points. Who am I?
I was waiting to see if I was correct. So it doesn't matter if you're wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm gonna guess Don Schlundt. ... He went to the same high school as my mother, but was a couple years older. Back then, it was Washington Clay because it was not yet part of the South Bend school system. (Later on, of course, it did and is known as South Bend Clay). 

Correct!