Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 11/16 12:00PM ET (24) Indiana at (9) Penn State ABC

After having a bye week last week, your 24th ranked Hoosiers are back on the field on Saturday to take on a Penn State team coming off of a loss to Minnesota. Penix is done for the season, so it will be up to Ramsey to run the offense the rest of the season. The bye week should have afforded Ramsey with additional reps and maybe time for coach DeBoer to install a few more wrinkles in the offense. Our defense has been playing better over the last couple of games but they will have find a way to slow KJ Hamler down. While no one seems to be giving us a chance at an upset, I think this game might be closer than many expect. It will be interesting to see how Penn St. responds after their first loss of the season and knowing that next week they have to face Ohio State.

We are currently a 14.5 point underdog and ESPN's Football Power Index only gives us a 10.0% probability of winning on Saturday. Bill Connelly's SP+ metrics gives us a better chance of pulling the upset at 26%. In terms of overall SP+ rankings:

Penn State (8-1):

• Overall: 7
  • Offense: 11
  • Defense: 8
  • Special Teams: 14

Indiana (7-2):

• Overall: 19
  • Offense: 15
  • Defense: 35
  • Special Teams: 9

8 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

I think the defense is going to need some take aways tomorrow. I was really hoping PSU would’ve beat Minny causing a scenario of overconfidence and looking ahead to Ohio St., ie a trap game. Don’t think that’ll happen now but this IU team still has a chance. Go Hoosiers!

Agreed. We had an ambush set up and Minnesota took away our cover. A win will require a seasons best effort all around.

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Agreed. We had an ambush set up and Minnesota took away our cover. A win will require a seasons best effort all around.

I’d like to see us get Stevie Scott going early. Control the time of possession and see if we can’t put the pressure on them and take them out of what they want to do. Lull them to sleep then hit em with Whop and Westbrook. We have the talent but like you said, will take everyone’s best game 

I want to see us compete. I don’t want that crap of scoring the last 14 points of the game to make it close or getting an onsides kick. I want to see this team lineup and do what we do. If the chips don’t fall so be it but dammit let’s compete.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, jbell833 said:

Have never been more excited for an IU football game in the month of November in my life! Let’s play our game, take care of the ball, and get this W and be one win away from #9WINDIANA! Make us proud Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Definitely going to need to run the ball effectively and get some TATAs

Whop got some love from ESPN as a Player to Watch:

WR Whop Philyor, Indiana
Indiana has seven wins for just the second time in 26 seasons and is ranked in the AP poll for the first time since 1994. The Hoosiers have done this despite injury issues at QB. But it helps when you've got Whop. After a quiet start, the junior has exploded for 42 catches for 584 yards in the past five games, and IU has risen to 16th in passing SP+. And now he gets spotlight time with games against Penn State and Michigan.

43 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Whop got some love from ESPN as a Player to Watch:

WR Whop Philyor, Indiana
Indiana has seven wins for just the second time in 26 seasons and is ranked in the AP poll for the first time since 1994. The Hoosiers have done this despite injury issues at QB. But it helps when you've got Whop. After a quiet start, the junior has exploded for 42 catches for 584 yards in the past five games, and IU has risen to 16th in passing SP+. And now he gets spotlight time with games against Penn State and Michigan.

Have to think Penn State will make him a point of emphasis and try to take him away. Should provide an opportunity for some others to make plays.

11 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Have to think Penn State will make him a point of emphasis and try to take him away. Should provide an opportunity for some others to make plays.

Hoping Westbrook steps up. 

I'd also like to hear Ball's name called a few times. He's quietly 3rd on the team in total tackles, but just haven't seen him make the big plays like I was anticipating this year.