Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs N Alabama game thread 11/12 @ 7 pm BTN

Some only post when the team struggles. For some reason they find it impossible to say anything positive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And some wonder why...? I’ve met a TON of IU fans but I have yet to meet any that are negative that much. Hmmmm...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

And some wonder why...? I’ve met a TON of IU fans but I have yet to meet any that are negative that much. Hmmmm...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
I am sure they are fans. Some only post to vent. Some people find it hard to say anything nice so only post when they want to complain imo. It's just a way for them to vent their frustrations

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Anyone have the gif when that guy crosses him over and made him stumble. I bet if they show that in film room it gets a few laughs.

Through the first half, I kept saying way are we playing Damezi all these minutes. But then second half he played a lot better. I think he’s still in the bottom 3 of my depth chart though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He definitely looked more composed and game-ready on offense in the second half. His defense still wasn't very good though. But hopefully the defense is easier to get corrected.

I am sure they are fans. Some only post to vent. Some people find it hard to say anything nice so only post when they want to complain imo. It's just a way for them to vent their frustrations

I agree with this. I have always just found it weird that people think others would want to continuously hear them “vent”. Like in their home life do they know a single person that would only want to hear them *****? There are people I hear on this board that I would consider negative, but they also can recognize positives. There are some that are just unbearable.

It's not ominous, it's actually a fairly good sign. I'd be way more concerned right now if the offense was struggling but the defense was carrying things. Archie knows how to coach defense, we've seen him do it. Instead of always being 'glass half empty', how about being excited that the offense and shooting looks pretty good so far, and that's with our starting point guard hobbled and our senior guard in street clothes, and be confident that Archie is going to get the defense straightened out. 
You'd love to be hitting on all cylinders of course, but it's November and very few teams are. I'm encouraged and excited that the offense looks good, while understanding and being confident that Archie will get the defense on point. I'd rather have this than the reverse. 
Is it possible?

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He definitely looked more composed and game-ready on offense in the second half. His defense still wasn't very good though. But hopefully the defense is easier to get corrected.

I think he is progressing. To me, he has improved in all areas since last year. Part of the problem is that he was labeled as "lost" on defense last year and gets more intense scrutiny this year than some others. Everyone got lost on defense last night at one time or another. Listening to CAM's post game comments, Damezi is part of the rotational plan going forward, especially as a scoring wing. I think he'll get there defensively and continue to grow. There was a time when we didn't really expect that much from  players until they were juniors or seniors.

I agree with this. I have always just found it weird that people think others would want to continuously hear them “vent”. Like in their home life do they know a single person that would only want to hear them *****? There are people I hear on this board that I would consider negative, but they also can recognize positives. There are some that are just unbearable.

I agree 100 with this. I was a big negative poster under crean just didn't like the way the program was heading and you got on me for it a time or two and I respect that. I do like what archie is doing however agree the results have been bad so far. I feel we are moving in a great direction under archie and am confident he is our future but I could be wrong. Archie just seems right but we need results and I feel they are coming. These negative posters just seem to be prematurely drawing drastic conclusions. This guy knows what he is doing or at the very least wants iu to become imo

What I like seeing..?

Upperclassmen seem to be leading the teams. Green and Durham were voted captains. Green seems to have turned the corner under Archie in attitude, as well. Durham and Smith have been among the best two or three players to start the season. De’Ron hasn’t logged a lot of minutes but he’ll definitely be needed in conference play.

TJD and Hunter seem to be finding their role on the team. Underclassmen with a ton of talent that don’t have to come in and carry the team. I could see both of these players averaging double digit scoring and being impact players in the back half of the season. You can add Phinieee to that as he gets healthy.

Franklin, Anderson, Thompson and Brunk playing their roles and not trying to do more than what they’re being asked. These players are just as important as the “stars.”

This team will add a year under their belt to build chemistry and individual skill. Next season, we’ll add at least Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo to an already good team. They’ll have a year or two to get comfortable before they’ll be relied on. Landing Garcia to have another versatile forward would raise the level of talent next season too.

I like the direction the program is heading under Archie and company.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Brunk will be the Brian Sloan of this team.

14 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

What I like seeing..?

Upperclassmen seem to be leading the teams. Green and Durham were voted captains. Green seems to have turned the corner under Archie in attitude, as well. Durham and Smith have been among the best two or three players to start the season. De’Ron hasn’t logged a lot of minutes but he’ll definitely be needed in conference play.

TJD and Hunter seem to be finding their role on the team. Underclassmen with a ton of talent that don’t have to come in and carry the team. I could see both of these players averaging double digit scoring and being impact players in the back half of the season. You can add Phinieee to that as he gets healthy.

Franklin, Anderson, Thompson and Brunk playing their roles and not trying to do more than what they’re being asked. These players are just as important as the “stars.”

This team will add a year under their belt to build chemistry and individual skill. Next season, we’ll add at least Leal, Galloway, and Geronimo to an already good team. They’ll have a year or two to get comfortable before they’ll be relied on. Landing Garcia to have another versatile forward would raise the level of talent next season too.

I like the direction the program is heading under Archie and company.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed!

I am happy to see that this year "the clear-out" is not Option #1.  As long as we have a spread offense and we keep the ball moving, we will have multiple options this year.

Agreed!
I am happy to see that this year "the clear-out" is not Option #1.  As long as we have a spread offense and we keep the ball moving, we will have multiple options this year.

Coop!! I like not having the clear out as option 1 as well, but we should totally bring back the three man weave outside the three point line for 25 seconds and get nothing :) lol