Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

IUBB vs N Alabama game thread 11/12 @ 7 pm BTN

NOTES: Indiana Faces North Alabama on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Story Links

OPENING TIP
Indiana University is in its 120th  season of competition in men's basketball and will host North Alabama on Tuesday.  The Hoosiers are coming off an 85-74 over Portland State, while UNA beat Carver Bible College, 95-64 on Sunday.   UNA also lost in their season opener at South Carolina, 77-55.  A victory on Tuesday would give IU a 3-0 start for the second straight season under Coach Archie Miller.  UNA is in its second year as an NCAA Division I member and plays in the Atlantic Sun Conference.

GAME INFORMATION
Tuesday, Nov. 12 • 7:00 p.m.
Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall (17,222)
Watch: BTN  (Brandon Gaudin and Brian Butch) | Watch Online
Radio: IU Radio Network (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr, Joe Smith | TuneIn
Series History: First Regular-Season Meeting

THE COACHES
Indiana Coach Archie Miller begins his third season of guiding the Cream and Crimson.  Last year, the Hoosiers finished 19-16 and advanced to the quarterfinals of the NIT. He is 176-94 in eight-plus  years as a head coach, which includes six years at the University of Dayton.  His Flyer teams made NCAA Tournament appearances in each of his last four seasons, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2014.   He is 37-31 at IU.   Tony Pujol enters his second season as  men's basketball head coach at North Alabama. The former assistant coach at the University of Wyoming was hired at UNA on April 2, 2018, and has 15 years of collegiate coaching experience. 
As a Division II program the Lions boasted the richest collegiate men's basketball tradition in the state of Alabama with 14 NCAA Tournament appearances, 8 regional championships, five Final Fours and two national championships.

NEWS & NOTES
The two teams actually met in an exhibition game in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on November 4, 2007.  IU won the game 121-76.  The Hoosiers are shooting 54.4% from the floor and have committed just 10.5 turnovers per game.  Junior Justin Smith leads the team averaging 20.0 points and is contributing 7.5 rebounds per game.  He leads the team with 4 steals and 8 offensive rebounds.  Junior Al Durham is not far behind averaging 19.5 points and is shooting 77.8% from the floor.  He has made all seven of his free throw attempts.  When IU had the ball, the Hoosiers garnered 16 offense boards to PSU's 17 defensive caroms.

ODDS AND TRENDS
Freshman Trayce Jackson-Davis had his first career double-double.  He posted 13 points and 10 rebounds against Portland State.  He is averaging 10.5 points and a team-high 8.0 rebounds.  He also leads the team with 6 blocked shots.  Redshirt sophomore Race Thompson had 10 points and 9 boards off the bench against PSU, both career-high's.  He is second on the team averaging 7.5 boards per game.  Redshirt freshman Jerome Hunter had 9 points off the bench against PSU, including 2 3FG.  Redshirt junior Joey Brunk is averaging 9.5 points and 6.0 rebounds and sophomore guard Rob Phinisee is averaging 10.5 points per game and is leading the team with 10 assists.

I want to see the offense really get going with good ball and player movement. I want to see good open shots taken and lineups getting more comfortable playing together. I want to see Smith continue to go 100% and finishing around the rim. I have a feeling we’ll see a Hunter explosion soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I like what I've seen so far and think it will only get better as guys continue to figure out their roles. Once RP and DG both get healthy and in basketball shape, I believe this will be a really entertaining team to watch. I hope to see that growth continue tonight. At the very least, I finally get to watch a game live.