Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

11 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Didn't that happen with UMBC over Virginia the year before Virginia won the whole thing?

11 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Haven’t looked it up but don’t think a 1 has ever lost to a 16. Am i wrong?  I’m pretty sure

Not only did UMBC beat 1 seed Virginia, they freaking TORCHED Virginia 74-54.

20 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Princeton will probably just take Yales spot in the bracket but they probably should be seeded lower but my guess is committee will put them where they had Yale 

Glad the committee did this.   Shows that this committee actually did have a contingency bracket.   Princeton should have been a 15 and they were seeded properly.   If they just plugged them into the bracket in Yales spot it would have been 13 or 14.  

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Not only did UMBC beat 1 seed Virginia, they freaking TORCHED Virginia 74-54.

Virginia then went on to win the national championship the next season. Talk about mental fortitude

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Glad the committee did this.   Shows that this committee actually did have a contingency bracket.   Princeton should have been a 15 and they were seeded properly.   If they just plugged them into the bracket in Yales spot it would have been 13 or 14.  

Screwed us in Bracketmatrix points, though.

16 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Dang it. I was hoping to take on that representation, then commit malpractice, just to add to their misery.

I'd go for a double or nothing.

Win; they're in the tourney. Lose; they're still out of the tourney AND get relegated to the AAC where they belong.

22 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

I thought Chris Reynolds did a good job with the committee. 

I hated hated HATED Rutgers resume.  Horrible non-conference resume.  Thought they didn't deserve to be in the field but thought based on past practices they would be in. Think the committee got it right.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I hated hated HATED Rutgers resume.  Horrible non-conference resume.  Thought they didn't deserve to be in the field but thought based on past practices they would be in. Think the committee got it right.

I went against almost everything that keeps teams out and still had Rutgers in.   I knew better but put them in anyway.     They had the worst non con sos at 314.  Usually anytime over 300 and you’re on the bubble means no bid.    Take away Q4 games and they were 12-14.   Not being over .500 for Q1-Q3 means no bid. 3-7 since Mag injury and only 1 Q1 win    I ignored these and put them in anyway.  This year needed bid stealers in the worst way.     

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2023/03/selection-committee-chairman-explains-why-rutgers-did-not-make-ncaa-tournament.html

He gave a good explanation of why they didn't now had that injury to Mag not happen might have been a different story but they lost games down the stretch that would've helped their case.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I think this was a tongue in cheek post.

I don't think it was.  The dude has over 35,000 posts on a Rutgers.message.board.

His follow-up gem later in the thread was:

I would be happy to accept our fate if the process was impartial and fair. In this case, the NCAA tournament selection process has proven to be flawed, resulting in irreparable harm to Rutgers if this result stands. This could adversely affect recruiting going forward. We should not accept results from an inaccurate/flawed process.

- The crux of the issue is this:

The committee improperly weighted our Quad 3 losses while discounting our significant wins, especially our Victory over #1 Seed Purdue. This was reported to be the biggest reason we were excluded. The selection committee should taking into account the totality of our resume, and not cherry-picking data points they think relevant.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I don't think it was.  The dude has over 35,000 posts on a Rutgers.message.board.

His follow-up gem later in the thread was:

I would be happy to accept our fate if the process was impartial and fair. In this case, the NCAA tournament selection process has proven to be flawed, resulting in irreparable harm to Rutgers if this result stands. This could adversely affect recruiting going forward. We should not accept results from an inaccurate/flawed process.

- The crux of the issue is this:

The committee improperly weighted our Quad 3 losses while discounting our significant wins, especially our Victory over #1 Seed Purdue. This was reported to be the biggest reason we were excluded. The selection committee should taking into account the totality of our resume, and not cherry-picking data points they think relevant.

= Delusional