Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

12 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

This is what Bracketville had it as of this morning for seeds 1-6:

1. Kansas 2. Alabama 3. Houston 4. Purdue
5. UCLA 6. Texas 7. Arizona 8. Baylor
9.  Marquette 10. Gonzaga 11. Kansas State 12. Tennessee
13. Connecticut 14. Indiana 15. Xavier 16. Virginia
17. Iowa State 18. TCU 19. Duke 20. Miami
21. Saint Mary’s 22. San Diego St 23. Texas AM 24. Missouri

I don't know how many of those spots he would move based on Saturday results.  I would think at this point since losses aren't going to be bad losses I think it would take a team losing and a team behind them winning in order for him to switch their spots, but who knows.  I believe this is a bracketologist that USPS has referred to in the past as being really good.

Personally, when I look at the list, the only one on his list that he has in front of Indiana that I could possibly see being behind Indiana is Tennessee.  They were at 9 on the reveal and IU was 13 but Tennessee had just five meaningful games after that and lost four of them.  The only meaningful win was a home win against Arkansas and Arkansas has struggled to get big wins all year.  So best case on this list I I would see (but I'm no USPS) is IU at 13 overall, so a 4 seed.

Worst case:  I could see Xavier and the winner of Virginia/Duke being ahead of IU although I honestly think it's more likely that Virginia (win or lose) could possibly be in front of IU than Duke even if Duke beats Virginia.  TCU's resume very closely resembles IU's but those 9 quad 4 games and a quad 4 loss would put them behind IU IMO.  Iowa State's schedule was KILLER but I think the 19-13 mark puts their ceiling at a 5.  

So just my opinion, I think IU is between the 13th overall and worst 16th overall selection, putting them at a 4 seed.  I'm going to predict an IU/Iona first round matchup feeding in to Iowa State/Oral Roberts.

I'll be surprised if they fall to 17 on the S Curve. They were 13 going into the Illinois game and beat Illinois, Purdue, Michigan, and Maryland. Iowa was a really bad loss. Question is where do they end up? Louisville, KC, NY, or Vegas region? Seems like Greensboro, Orlando, or Albany for the 1/2 round. 

Unfortunately we always seem to be seeded worse than expected, all the way back to the Knight days. Last year several predicted us solidly in and we ended up on the play in game. No expert at all but a 5 or 6 seed would not surprise me at all. Hope I'm wrong on this and we are a 4.

10 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

Unfortunately we always seem to be seeded worse than expected, all the way back to the Knight days. Last year several predicted us solidly in and we ended up on the play in game. No expert at all but a 5 or 6 seed would not surprise me at all. Hope I'm wrong on this and we are a 4.

Don’t think many had IU solidly in last year but most thought they were above the first 4.   I’m pretty sure I had them as an 11 seed and one of the last byes.   Basically I had Michigan and IU flipped.  I had Michigan in the First 4.    Difference this year is the committee showed everyone where they had IU a couple weeks ago at 13th overall.   At the time that was higher than I was projecting them.    Since then they went 4-3 with a road win at one of the committees 1 seeds.    I don’t see anyway they fall down to the 5 line and 0 chance they fall to the 6 line.     IU’s resume is solid.  They have 0 losses to any team that is not in the current projected field.   Not many teams can say that 

I hope you are correct on this. You definitely know a lot more about this than myself and follow lots of teams and games throughout the year. Tomorrow evening we will find out what we are and where we are going.  Lot better place than last year for sure. Hopefully this will be our norm going forward,  worried about what seed and not if we are in or out. Thank you for your explanation. 

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Don’t think many had IU solidly in last year but most thought they were above the first 4.   I’m pretty sure I had them as an 11 seed and one of the last byes.   Basically I had Michigan and IU flipped.  I had Michigan in the First 4.    Difference this year is the committee showed everyone where they had IU a couple weeks ago at 13th overall.   At the time that was higher than I was projecting them.    Since then they went 4-3 with a road win at one of the committees 1 seeds.    I don’t see anyway they fall down to the 5 line and 0 chance they fall to the 6 line.     IU’s resume is solid.  They have 0 losses to any team that is not in the current projected field.   Not many teams can say that 

I think it’s likely we will be called as the 4 seed in the MW Region, calling it now 

Regardless of what seed IU gets 4 or 5 that first game will be a battle.  All these teams on the 11-13 lines are going to be tough outs.   The days of double digits seeds being push overs are over.   Some of these teams will have multiple 23 + year olds on the team.   They won’t be scared of anyone.    Hopefully IU will have  favorable matchups moving forward.  It’s more about matchups than seeding.   

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Regardless of what seed IU gets 4 or 5 that first game will be a battle.  All these teams on the 11-13 lines are going to be tough outs.   The days of double digits seeds being push overs are over.   Some of these teams will have multiple 23 + year olds on the team.   They won’t be scared of anyone.    Hopefully IU will have  favorable matchups moving forward.  It’s more about matchups than seeding.   

Hopefully our three 22+ year old starters won't be scared. If they are we could probably say the other team has had more success in one and done tourneys or something.

2 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

One of the greatest days of the year. Hopefully Indiana avoids Drake and Oral Roberts.

A fun day for sure, just a day of what region, how high, as opposed to are we in.

Hope to avoid a quick outside shooting team, we have problems with teams like Iowa and PSU

If it was me Kansas would be my overall 1 seed but I think the committee will stick with Bama.  I think Kansas deserves it.  

IU is looking for for a top 4 seed.  If they are a 4 seed this will only be the 4th time since 2000 that that has happened 

29 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Always some surprises from the committee so I’m looking forward to which team on the outside for me sneaks in and which team is safer then I projected 

I'm interested in how they sort out the 8/9 glut with 6 B1G teams in that area. They can't play each other in the 1st round and some of them played Purdon't twice so they can't be paired in the 2nd round. 

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm interested in how they sort out the 8/9 glut with 6 B1G teams in that area. They can't play each other in the 1st round and some of them played Purdon't twice so they can't be paired in the 2nd round. 

Same.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a team or two get kicked to the 7/10 line to clear a path.

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

They will end up dropping 1 a seed line or moving one up to the 7 line.   

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Christmas morning at the USPS household.    Happy Selection Sunday to everyone on here.    Cant thank all of you enough for following along all year.   Bracketology is something i love to do and have been doing for a long time and to get to share it with you guys on here is something i look forward to do.   Reminder i dont do  a full bracket where i break the teams into the regions like the bracketologist do because i dont have the time to do a full one.  Maybe when i retire i will do that and under BT Banners i will start submitted it to the matrix

1 seeds-  Bama, Kansas, Houston, Purdue

2-ucla, Texas, Zona, Marquette             

3- Baylor, Kansas st, Zags, UConn

4- Tenn, IU, Virginia, Xavier

5. Iowa St, Duke, TCU, Maimi

6. San Diego st, A&M, St Marys, Creighton

7. Kentucky, Northwestern, Missouri, Sparty

8. Memphis, FAU, Iowa, West Virginia

9. Arkanas, Maryland, illinios, USC

10. penn st, Utah St, Auburn, Boise st

11. Miss st, Arizona st, (Last 4 in- Rutgers, Providence, NC State, Pittsburgh)

First 4 out- clemson, Oklahoma st, Nevada, Wisky,      others.  Vandy, Michigan, Oregon, North Carolina

12.   Charleston, Drake, Oral Roberts, VCU(or Dayton)

13. Kent St,  Iona, Yale, Furman

14. Louisana, UCSB, Kennesaw st, Vermont

15. Colgate, Grand Canyon, Montana st, UNC Ashville

16. Northern Kentucky, A&M-CC, (SE Missouri, Howard, Texas Southern, FDU

sorry no in depth analysis on each seed line like in the years past but im going to run out of time.    No time to do a scrub so this is my projection.   if i have time before i will do a run through again but thats not looking likely.       

I hope we don't draw Kent State in our 1st round matchup.  We're clearly better, although they have a solid team that's only lost once since February 3.

Sincere Caray is a dude who can play and won't be afraid of anyone.