Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

4 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Is Kansas St in danger of dropping to a 4 seed with a loss? Also, could a TCU win bump them to a 4 seed? Questions that may be relevant to IU.

Kansas st is probably locked in at a 3 seed unless they win the Big 12 tourney and then could possibly get a 2.  TCU possibly could move up to the 4 but non con sos in the 280s and a Q4 loss would be tough for committee to move up in my opinion.  For me they seemed locked into the 5 spot  

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Kansas st is probably locked in at a 3 seed unless they win the Big 12 tourney and then could possibly get a 2.  TCU possibly could move up to the 4 but non con sos in the 280s and a Q4 loss would be tough for committee to move up in my opinion.  For me they seemed locked into the 5 spot  

I’ll be curious to see how TCU responds with this weird Lampkin situation going on right now. Looking pretty good so far. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I could seriously see IU as a 4 and Kentucky as a 5 in the same region.  It has all the feels.  

Makes sense.   Geography plays a huge factor.   IU as the protected seed would get the region closest within miles.   If Kentucky is a 5 and the region that is closest to them is open then that’s where they are going to go.   A lot of people think committee puts these together for stories but mostly they are geographically related

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Makes sense.   Geography plays a huge factor.   IU as the protected seed would get the region closest within miles.   If Kentucky is a 5 and the region that is closest to them is open then that’s where they are going to go.   A lot of people think committee puts these together for stories but mostly they are geographically related

And UK is kin related

b0074f9a1be97e41159e58ce27f9210c.png

13 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I could seriously see IU as a 4 and Kentucky as a 5 in the same region.  It has all the feels.  

I was thinking the collision course was in play but now I wonder if the Vandy loss could keep UK below the 5 line

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IU beats Maryland, Kentucky loses to Vandy.  Maybe it’s 3 seed IU v 6 seed Kentucky.  I honestly feel that IU will end up a 4 and Kentucky a 6.

We were the top 4 seed when the committee revealed their top 16. We’ve beaten Purdue, Michigan and Maryland with a loss to Iowa in that time frame? I’d think we could be playing into a 3 seed

Reminder of who is the 3 and 4 seeds on Feb 20

Tennessee, Virginia, Iowa State, Kansas State.

Indiana, Marquette, Gonzaga, Xavier.

Edit: I forgot a loss to MSU occurred in that time frame too

22 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

We were the top 4 seed when the committee revealed their top 16. We’ve beaten Purdue, Michigan and Maryland with a loss to Iowa in that time frame? I’d think we could be playing into a 3 seed

Reminder of who is the 3 and 4 seeds on Feb 20

Tennessee, Virginia, Iowa State, Kansas State.

Indiana, Marquette, Gonzaga, Xavier.

Edit: I forgot a loss to MSU occurred in that time frame too

Also beat Illinois as well.   Bracket reveal came out before that game ended.   IU is a 4 seed.    Should they make the 3 line if they win out?  Yeah but the history tells you that games after Friday evening do very little to change a seeding.    Unless the new committee chair changes that then that’s how most bracketologist will have it.    They say they are not done seeding until Sunday but actions have spoken louder than words in years past 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Also beat Illinois as well.   Bracket reveal came out before that game ended.   IU is a 4 seed.    Should they make the 3 line if they win out?  Yeah but the history tells you that games after Friday evening do very little to change a seeding.    Unless the new committee chair changes that then that’s how most bracketologist will have it.    They say they are not done seeding until Sunday but actions have spoken louder than words in years past 

The committee's tired and hungover.  They just want to go  home.

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Do you think Tennessee and Iowa St are still on the 3 line? If not who replaced them?