Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Rutgers bigger problem is the non con sos above 300.   Q3 losses while not good are not what would keep them out.   They have the big wins to counter the losses.   Outside of losing to Minny the other teams they lost to in Q3 while not great have shown a pulse.   Stinks to lose them at home but they are not buy game losses 

30 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

With Tennessee and Kansas St losing, where are we projecting IU with a win tomorrow? I say 4 seed. A loss puts them possibly at 5 seed?

Depends what others around the area do as well.   I could see IU staying at the 4 even with a loss to Michigan.   TCU already lost today and they were the first 5 seed for me.     

4 hours ago, Bankshot said:

Prediction: The committee will put us wherever Houston is.

If Purdue is a 1 seed, I think we'd have to be with Houston or Alabama. I doubt they'd be interested in a potential rematch after what Kansas did to us. 

And I think we may be overestimating the national interest of Sampson vs. IU. There probably aren't too many outside of our fanbase who would grasp the significance of it. 

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If Purdue is a 1 seed, I think we'd have to be with Houston or Alabama. I doubt they'd be interested in a potential rematch after what Kansas did to us. 

And I think we may be overestimating the national interest of Sampson vs. IU. There probably aren't too many outside of our fanbase who would grasp the significance of it. 

The sad thing is that we matchup with Purdue the best out of all the 1 seeds but won’t get them for obvious reasons.  

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Top 16 seeds are protected and after bracketing principles are applied it all goes by geography.    Since IU is trending toward a protected seed they cannot be placed in the same region as Purdue.   Purdue is probably the last 1 seed for me so they go West and in that case IU cannot go West.    They will try to avoid matching non conference rematches in the first 2 rounds but they will not break the true seed line to avoid it.   I know people say committee try’s to make up these matchups on purpose but it really comes down to how the bracket breaks while putting it together.   I always thought that they did it that way until I started bracketology and putting one together myself.   

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Top 16 seeds are protected and after bracketing principles are applied it all goes by geography.    Since IU is trending toward a protected seed they cannot be placed in the same region as Purdue.   Purdue is probably the last 1seed for me so they go West and in that case IU cannot go West.    They will try to avoid matching non conference rematches in the first 2 rounds but they will not break the true seed line to avoid it.   I know people say committee try’s to make up these matchups on purpose but it really comes down to how the bracket breaks while putting it together.   I always thought that they did it that way until I started bracketology and putting one together myself.   

Count me as one of the former matchup “conspiracy theorists” but your explanation gives a lot of clarity and makes sense.  Thanks!  Glad in your scenario we won’t be shipped out west again. 

Just now, hoopsta007 said:

Count me as one of the former matchup “conspiracy theorists” but your explanation gives a lot of clarity and makes sense.  Thanks!  Glad in your scenario we won’t be shipped out west again. 

Now that could change if UCLA ends up the last 1 seed.