Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

18 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Update after Minnesota/Illinois wins. The Minnesota upset helped us a smidge. Improved 3 scenarios seed number.

btt.PNG

So we're stuck playing Thursday if there's 3 road wins (including vs IU)on a single B1G weekend? I like those odds.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

A desperate Michigan team coming into Assembly Hall on the last day of the regular season after rolling over in previous home game. Should be fun

I like how every team we play is either "desperate," "hungry," or "pissed," or some combination of the three. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

I like how every team we play is either "desperate," "hungry," or "pissed," or some combination of the three. 

Michigan should feel the same way.  If we don’t fit the “desperate,” “hungry,” or “pissed” role after getting stomped by Iowa in our house and being TJD’s last home game then we should pack it up now.

I would think Michigan would fit that description being on the wrong side of the bubble. However, we were once that team and tucked tail.

9 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I’m not worried at all about the double bye  or what seed in the BTT they get I only care they beat Michigan to finish tied for 2nd for the year.    Missing your starting 5 year pg and starting 1-4 in conference to finish tied for 2nd would be big.   Especially for a program that hasn’t finished that high in a while (ducks with you)

Nah, screw that.  I'm on a business trip next week Monday through Thursday.  I need the double bye so I don't miss our game

5 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Does anyone have the link to the website showing the live updated big ten tourney bracket projections. I cannot find it. 

If you search for 'big ten tourney bracket projections' with your favorite search engine it should be there.

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

If you search for 'big ten tourney bracket projections' with your favorite search engine it should be there.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Several popped up, couldn't remember which one it was. Appreciate the link. 

28 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Rutgers is in trouble if they don’t win against Northwestern on Sunday 

I didn't like their resume prior to the Minnesota loss but know that didn't match what the committee would actually have thought.  Do wonder how often a team has made the tournament with 4 quad 3 losses.

38 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I didn't like their resume prior to the Minnesota loss but know that didn't match what the committee would actually have thought.  Do wonder how often a team has made the tournament with 4 quad 3 losses.

Probably not many but it’s been done before.  I would have to go back and look at some stuff.   I know Arizona st had 4 bad losses one of the years they made the first 4 and there was one year where Providence lost a bunch of bad games early but figured it out and was a tourney team at the end of the year.   That might of been same year it got cancelled though