Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Texas Tech might be the ultimate cautionary tale in terms of having a horrible non-conference SOS.  Even with a 8 game losing streak to start conference, they might be in the conversation for an at large spot -- much like Oklahoma State and West Virginia.  But a 16-14 record and a non-con SOS of 328....they could have controlled better.  Funny thing is even with a non-conference schedule that weak, because of how good the Big 12 is, their overall NET SOS is 13.

What does Vandy have to do? Auto-bid or bust? I tried to tell my buddy that a recent win streak isn’t enough and that 3 quad 3/4 losses is killing them. They have a chance to close the regular season with another Q2 win which would make their Q 1/2 record 9-10. He brushes aside their NET ranking in the 80s and the bad losses and seems to be leaning on the recent win streak and possibly finishing 3rd in a conference that could get 8 teams in, thinking that should be enough. 

18 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

What does Vandy have to do? Auto-bid or bust? I tried to tell my buddy that a recent win streak isn’t enough and that 3 quad 3/4 losses is killing them. They have a chance to close the regular season with another Q2 win which would make their Q 1/2 record 9-10. He brushes aside their NET ranking in the 80s and the bad losses and seems to be leaning on the recent win streak and possibly finishing 3rd in a conference that could get 8 teams in, thinking that should be enough. 

They need a lot of teams in front of them to lose a bunch.   I got about 10 teams in front of them to even get into the field.   Losing to Grambling st at home is a tough one to over come.   Finishing 3rd in the conference doesn’t mean anything and net in the 80s is high but if I’m remembering right Syracuse or St John’s made it into the first 4 with that high of NET.   I would guess they would have to beat Bama or Tenn in the conference tourney to get close.    Winning streak is nice but last 12 games isn’t something the committee takes in consideration like it did in years past.    All about total body of work (drink)

11 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Can you explain what this chart represents?

Absolutely, it is the 4 games that have the most impact on IU's BTT seeding potential. The team listed is the winner of the game at the topic of each column.

For example: If Illinois wins tonight against Michigan, Iowa beats Nebraska on Sunday, PSU beats Maryland on Sunday, and Rutgers beats NW on Sunday then IU is the 4 seed in the BTT.

All of these are based on IU winning their own game Sunday against Michigan.

39 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Absolutely, it is the 4 games that have the most impact on IU's BTT seeding potential. The team listed is the winner of the game at the topic of each column.

For example: If Illinois wins tonight against Michigan, Iowa beats Nebraska on Sunday, PSU beats Maryland on Sunday, and Rutgers beats NW on Sunday then IU is the 4 seed in the BTT.

All of these are based on IU winning their own game Sunday against Michigan.

So, if we win against Michigan, 69% of the other possible outcomes get us a double bye.

Just now, hoosiersoxfan said:

How does if Minnesota somehow upsets Rutgers tonight effect all of this?  I imagine that would change tiebreaker scenarios

Yes, it would. If that happens, I will have to reset this and see how it all will shake out after that.

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Lol this made me laugh 

Ya know, for me? NET is part of my very own sUpeR-SeCRet fOrmULa.

There are so, so SOOOO many components to the patented "Stuhoo Super Secret FormulaⒸ" but when it comes right down to it, it is based on the...

Body of Work.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ya know, for me? NET is part of my very own super-secret formula.

There are so, so SOOOO many components to the patented "Stuhoo Super Secret FormulaⒸ" but when it comes right down to it, it is based on the...

Body of Work.

CB97A4FF-AF47-4F7B-A4D4-BBEEC13F6920.gif

36 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Should I root for Illinois or Michigan 

Illinois ?

I’d say Illinois by a hair given the chart above since the most likely other outcomes are iowa and psu winning which would guarantee us a 4 seed. 

We really screwed ourselves by losing to iowa.