Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Problem with bracketmatrix is it takes all the brackets into account and some don’t update regularly and others are just trash.   I don’t even look at it anymore.  I just pick 4 or 5 guys I trust and compare them to what I’ve come up with 
Curious who those 4 or 5 are that you trust?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Curious who those 4 or 5 are that you trust?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Rocco Miller, Andy Bottoms, Dave Ommen,  Brad Wachtel.   Plenty of other goods ones and people that might have a higher bracket matrix score but these guys do a heck of job each year breaking it down.   

5 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

3 seed is cooked. Going to need a win on Sunday and another win or two in BTT for 4 seed.

Lol calm down.   Bad games happen and it just happened to IU.     Flush it and move on.  It’s just 1 small piece of a larger puzzle.    Still will be on the 4 line with work to go to get back to a 3.     As I’ve said many times matchups will be more important then seeding in this tournament.  Every game is going to be a battle 

Fan emotion after 1 game is always fascinating to watch unfold in real time.  

Not emotional. Just speaking to what I see and the facts. You pointed it out yourself and validated what I said in that IU will need multiple wins from here on out to stay on the line. I don’t see a 3 seed unless they win 3 games and possibly the BTT.

3 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Not emotional. Just speaking to what I see and the facts. You pointed it out yourself and validated what I said in that IU will need multiple wins from here on out to stay on the line. I don’t see a 3 seed unless they win 3 games and possibly the BTT.

They were always going to need multiple wins.  IU could have won these last 2 home games and still got passed by other teams around them.  

They were always going to need multiple wins.  Nothings change 

If they won tonight and against Michigan, I would think 1 win with the double bye could have possibly done it for the 3 seed. Now, add a loss and you lose the double bye and are working with likely a lesser opponent in Round 2. You have more work to do to add to resume for 3 seed. Looking like 4/5 seed. This is my amateur opinion. I know you spend more time on this stuff, but I added my thoughts and beliefs on the subject.

1 minute ago, tomallenfan1 said:

If they won tonight and against Michigan, I would think 1 win with the double bye could have possibly done it for the 3 seed. Now, add a loss and you lose the double bye and are working with likely a lesser opponent in Round 2. You have more work to do to add to resume for 3 seed. Looking like 4/5 seed. This is my amateur opinion. I know you spend more time on this stuff, but I added my thoughts and beliefs on the subject.

Won’t know for sure until you see what others around the seed line do.   IU could have won these last 2 home games and 1 more in the BTT and still ended up with the 4 seed.  4/5 line was always the area I had them.  I was very surprised committee had them as the first 4 seed.    Can’t change the results so whatever happens they need to flush it and get ready for the next game.  I’d rather IU lay an egg against Iowa in February then lay one in March.    

Won’t know for sure until you see what others around the seed line do.   IU could have won these last 2 home games and 1 more in the BTT and still ended up with the 4 seed.  4/5 line was always the area I had them.  I was very surprised committee had them as the first 4 seed.    Can’t change the results so whatever happens they need to flush it and get ready for the next game.  I’d rather IU lay an egg against Iowa in February then lay one in March.    

I do not see IU dropping to a 6 seed like some others do (unless they decide to lose to Michigan by 20 and then Minnesota in BTT). But this team is so inconsistent that I don’t know if any particular seed matters in the tourney. It’s going to be praying they don’t get a tough matchup and proceed to lay an egg in the first round.

5 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

I do not see IU dropping to a 6 seed like some others do (unless they decide to lose to Michigan by 20 and then Minnesota in BTT). But this team is so inconsistent that I don’t know if any particular seed matters in the tourney. It’s going to be praying they don’t get a tough matchup and proceed to lay an egg in the first round.

Whatever seed they get that first game is going to be a battle.  It’s just the way this year is going to shake out.     IU is going to be in white  jerseys to start and they are going to get their best seed since probably 2016.   Enjoy the ride  

Lol calm down.   Bad games happen and it just happened to IU.     Flush it and move on.  It’s just 1 small piece of a larger puzzle.    Still will be on the 4 line with work to go to get back to a 3.     As I’ve said many times matchups will be more important then seeding in this tournament.  Every game is going to be a battle 

Hell. This year is the strangest i could remember in CBB.

How many different # 1 seeds have there been this season?

There does not seem to be the dominance in the top 10 (ie stability) as in previous seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever seed they get that first game is going to be a battle.  It’s just the way this year is going to shake out.     IU is going to be in white  jerseys to start and they are going to get their best seed since probably 2016.   Enjoy the ride  

As a fan of IU sports and many other failing/mediocre professional teams, I can assure you I am numb to all rides. I love this thread every year as many can give their input on what they think the committee will do, but all that matters is on the court in mid to late March. The build up of differing opinions all to be crushed by the selection committee is a beautiful and entertaining sight every year. Let’s all have fun!

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

It’s possible IU could lose at home by 22 and the next day gain a Q1 win by Sparty moving up after a road win.  Lol.   My guess IU falls to 22 tomorrow.  Maybe Iowa smashed IU so bad that they move into the top 30 and make that loss a Q1.  

Jump from the 40s to the 20s this late in the season?!

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Jump from the 40s to the 20s this late in the season?!

Road win against top 18 team in the net.   Probably not going to jump that high I was half kidding but they should jump up more then 5 spots.   NET loves road wins against good teams