Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

30 minutes ago, finky said:

Virginia Tech escaped the body of work in the regular season eye test......they viewed them on Tourney alone.

Not really.  Virginia Tech is still probably underseeded.  The only team at large team that was below them on the seed list was Notre Dame.

For what it's worth, Va Tech's NET was 27 and their POM was 23....both are second in the ACC behind Duke.  Seed wise, though, they are 4th in the ACC.

Having to play in Dayton doesn’t bother me as we were under 500 in the conference, had a bad streak (although very close games) prior to the tourney and our OOC schedule was marshmallow soft.

That being said….playing until midnight on Tuesday and then flying across the country, and 3 time zones, and then playing on Thursday is BS.  

In any case….can’t wait until Tuesday. Hope we send a message.

23 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

FWIW, I don't know the matrix's formula but someone with the exact same correct picks, correct seeds, and number of teams within one spot that matches USPS's profile finished 83rd out of 211.  For me, it's back to the drawing board....my bracket fits the profile of 196th out of 211.

Usps is normally spot on . Been at it awhile . I enjoy your stuff . Keep it up .

5 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

USPS destroyed Jerry Palm as well.  Comparison:

At large teams correct:  USPS 34 out of 36;  Palm 35 out of 36

Seeds exactly correct:  USPS 45, Palm 35

Teams more than 1 seed off:  USPS 1, Palm 5

Average number of seed lines off:   USPS  0.32, Palm 0.56.

There are even metrics for the guess who guess the committee’s actions. Amazing. It’s just metrics all the way down. 

3 hours ago, finky said:

Virginia Tech escaped the body of work in the regular season eye test......they viewed them on Tourney alone.

They beat Duke. The committee wasn’t even mad. Just impressed and threw them right in. 

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

That being said….playing until midnight on Tuesday and then flying across the country, and 3 time zones, and then play on Thursday is BS.  

They’re student athletes. This is all about education. The NCAA is just setting them up for that first software consulting job out of college(that’s really glorified sales) where they fly 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year and blow most of their 80k starting salary on an apartment in a high CoL city that they’re never in.  

When you think about it that way, the NCAA is really providing these kids with a tremendous opportunity that other more financially motivated scholastic institutions wouldn’t be magnanimous enough to even consider. 

This. I'm definitely not a conference homer type of guy.
The closest I would get to rooting for the B1G was Michigan when Beilein was there. Or in certain situations, like 2016 Wisconsin vs the 38-0 UK team.
I enjoy early exits for most of our conference in hopes that will cause the conference front office to do something about the officiating.
Not me. I hope the majority, including IU, make the sweet sixteen to stop this overrated crap you hear. Then they can all lose but IU

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Not that it really matters because we've taken care of business against the bad teams, but I was absolutely shocked to see our noncon SOS is #300 in kenpom. As of right now only 3 of our 11 non conference games are sub 300 teams and we've got 4 of the toughest non conference games you can have.

1 hour ago, IU_FanClub said:

Not that it really matters because we've taken care of business against the bad teams, but I was absolutely shocked to see our noncon SOS is #300 in kenpom. As of right now only 3 of our 11 non conference games are sub 300 teams and we've got 4 of the toughest non conference games you can have.

I had the same reaction, but we got dragged down by some of the lower-ranked we played

1 hour ago, IU_FanClub said:

It was 351 before we played Arizona. This program has an uncanny ability to find the absolute dregs of D-1 and get them on the schedule.