Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

The graphic they just showed on CBS said the Wyoming matchup has the 43/45 overall seeds.  They had the Rutgers/Notre Dame as 44/47 seeds.

That would mean the IU/Wyoming game has the 1st and 3rd seeds in the group and the Rutgers/Notre Dame game has the 2nd and 4th.  If they were lined up correctly (can't say whether they were or not, it's CBS) that would mean IU is the next to last team in and Notre Dame is the last.  Virginia Tech is the 46th seed......which means if they had to seed them as an at large after winning the ACC tournament, they would have still put them behind IU.....and Rutgers.

Just now, coonhounds said:

I know my opinion doesn't matter but I am old and do not consider iu in the tournament until they win the play in game. This is ridiculous though we should have been in comfortable

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

That’s what’s going to sink this whole ship, if they lose. Just like 2020 there’s always gonna be that asterisk. It may actually be worse than #1 NIT seed in that regard.

1 minute ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

That’s what’s going to sink this whole ship, if they lose. Just like 2020 there’s always gonna be that asterisk. It may actually be worse than #1 NIT seed in that regard.

As pissed as i am I’ll take this bitter pill over NIT any day

4 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

Asterisk by who? Fans?    This is a ncaa tournament game. It’s goes down in the books as an ncaa appearance and the conference is going to get more money for both B1G teams that are in the first 4.   Fans can hate it and say it doesn’t count all they want but that just noise.  IU made the NCAA tournament this year and that can’t be taking away from this team no matter how many people try to 

Michigan and IU should have been flopped. We lost on a last second bank shot from just across half court to the Big Ten tourney champion. Oh and they beat Purdue by 9. Our Net rating was better than most of the last 5 or so teams in the tournament . 

10 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

They added the first four to keep the at-large count consistent...because of an increased number of conferences and thus more automatic bids. I think

This counts

That’s how it started but the ratings were bad making all those small conference teams play each other. So they started making teams like IU and UCLA play in it to boost their ratings. Cash grab.