Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

41 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

Can’t wait to be matched up against Houston in 6/11 matchup in what the committee will claim is a coincidence 

Personally, I'm not sure they can get it to line up.  Houston should be a 4 or 5 and I think IU is an 11 IMO.

And given that the Sampson experience was like a decade ago, not sure they view it as being all that relevant now anyway.

@Uspshoosier what is the rationale for having Kentucky ahead of Tennessee? This isn’t a question solely directed at you because a lot of brackets have it this way. 

Tennessee is 2-1 against Kentucky and is about to win SEC the tournament. Metrics are pretty similar with Tennessee about to have more quad 1 wins. 

17 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

@Uspshoosier what is the rationale for having Kentucky ahead of Tennessee? This isn’t a question solely directed at you because a lot of brackets have it this way. 

Tennessee is 2-1 against Kentucky and is about to win SEC the tournament. Metrics are pretty similar with Tennessee about to have more quad 1 wins. 

Good question.   I think this game today is too late in the process to matter much for seeding of them.    Doesn’t make it right because the more you look the more it looks like if Tennessee wins they should move in front.   Before today I think the road wins Kentucky has against tourney teams Bama and especially the road win at 1 seed Kansas separates them.   Tenn doesn’t have a road win against a projected tourney team.    When splitting hairs little things like that can be the factor 

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Good question.   I think this game today is too late in the process to matter much for seeding of them.    Doesn’t make it right because the more you look the more it looks like if Tennessee wins they should move in front.   Before today I think the road wins Kentucky has against tourney teams Bama and especially the road win at 1 seed Kansas separates them.   Tenn doesn’t have a road win against a projected tourney team.    When splitting hairs little things like that can be the factor 

Thanks. Kinda what I figured, just hoped it wasn’t because they are, you know, Kentucky 

So when will the selection show be moved back a day or moved back a few hours because not having enough time is trash. These teams work year round essentially and deserve a fair selection based on the entire season. Not having enough time to get it right is sad

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Notice IU mysteriously passes both Notre Dame  and Rutgers on Lunardis seed list hours before the selection show.   Espn knows how to drive clicks.  Most on here know by now what they do but just wanted to point out their process.  He moved IU into the first 4 games yesterday 

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

So when will the selection show be moved back a day or moved back a few hours because not having enough time is trash. These teams work year round essentially and deserve a fair selection based on the entire season. Not having enough time to get it right is sad

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Yeah it stinks but I don’t see it changing.  Maybe they switch it up and take this games into account.   If Tennessee is a 2 seed today then you know they did but if they are a 3 then it’s the same old story 

16 minutes ago, lillurk said:

What baffles me is that there’s like three games today, the committee could ABSOLUTELY draw up contingencies for a variety of outcomes.

It does get a little more difficult when trying to avoid conference matchups as long as possible.

I have Xavier bumped out of mine.  Miami bumped down to play in.

EDIT:  GOing to switch it after Texas A&M game.  Texas A&M to play in, Miami stays at 11.

DOUBLE EDIT:  Ooops....I had Texas A&M already in play.  Move Miami (F) to play in, Davidson down to an 11, VaTech up to a 10.