Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

41 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Is there a rule that a First Four team can’t be an autobid? Surely not, as the sixteen seeds are autos

Nope, it is for the last 4 at large teams

I know we all like to look at bracketologist but we have no idea how the committee will pick the field.  I think we will not be in the play in games. It seems like every year there is one or two teams who everyone was on the bubble but got a seed that showed they weren't on the bubble.

If IU is sent to Dayton I already know what’s going to happen.   Since we go every year and get our tickets way in advance if IU is in Dayton no doubt in my mind the tickets I already have will be right in the middle of the opposing team section.  This is the way.     First 4  is one of the best college basketball experiences.  Just a really cool atmosphere.  

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

If IU is sent to Dayton I already know what’s going to happen.   Since we go every year and get our tickets way in advance if IU is in Dayton no doubt in my mind the tickets I already have will be right in the middle of the opposing team section.  This is the way.     First 4  is one of the best college basketball experiences.  Just a really cool atmosphere.  

The way we travel, you’d probably be able to flip those and pay for a trip to New Orleans if you didn’t love going so much lol. 

Always 1 sleeper bubble from left field that makes it and 1 team people think are in and don’t actually make it. I wouldn’t be surprised if ND was that team that doesn’t make.

33 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Always 1 sleeper bubble from left field that makes it and 1 team people think are in and don’t actually make it. I wouldn’t be surprised if ND was that team that doesn’t make.

My candidates:

sleeper team from left field in:  Oklahoma or Wake Forest.

sleeper team from left field out:  Notre Dame or Miami (F)

Did some crunching and re-evaluating....think I'm ready to reveal mine.  Will add the auto bid conference champions below the at larges tomorrow morning.

1:  Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas, Baylor

2:  Kentucky, Villanova, Purdue, Auburn

3:  Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA, Duke

4:  Houston, Illinois, Arkansas, Wisconsin

5:  UConn, Providence, Iowa, Texas

6:  St. Mary's, LSU, Alabama, Colorado State

7:  Boise State, Michigan State, TCU, San Diego State

8:  Murray State, Ohio State, USC,  Seton Hall

9:  Loyola (Chi), UNC, Iowa State, Creighton

10:  San Francisco, Memphis, Marquette, Davidson

11:  Virginia Tech, Indiana, Wyoming, Texas A&M, Miami (F)-- Texas A&M and MIami (F) play in first four

12:  Michigan, Oklahoma (first four).

First four out:   BYU, Xavier, SMU,  Notre Dame.

NOTE: edited to reflect an accidental switch of Kentucky and Tennessee

OOPS SECOND NOTE:  UAB would not be 11 seed here, thought it need them for placement -- they will be a 12 seed below at larges.

-------------------------

change scenarios:  If Richmond wins the A-10 tournament, they enter as a 12 seed (non-play in, of course), Davidson drops from 10 seed to 11 in the play in the first four game.  Oklahoma drops out of tournament.

If Texas A&M wins the SEC championship title game, they stay an 11 seed but not in the play in game;  Wyoming drops to the play in.  No team is needed to be dropped since no team added to the field.

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Did some crunching and re-evaluating....think I'm ready to reveal mine.  Will add the auto bid conference champions below the at larges tomorrow morning.

1:  Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas, Baylor

2:  Kentucky, Villanova, Purdue, Auburn

3:  Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA, Duke

4:  Houston, Illinois, Arkansas, Wisconsin

5:  UConn, Providence, Iowa, Texas

6:  St. Mary's, LSU, Alabama, Colorado State

7:  Boise State, Michigan State, TCU, San Diego State

8:  Murray State, Ohio State, USC,  Seton Hall

9:  Loyola (Chi), UNC, Iowa State, Creighton

10:  San Francisco, Memphis, Marquette, Davidson

11:  Virginia Tech, Indiana, Wyoming, Texas A&M, Miami (F)-- Texas A&M and MIami (F) play in first four

12:  Michigan, Oklahoma (first four).

First four out:   BYU, Xavier, SMU,  Notre Dame.

NOTE: edited to reflect an accidental switch of Kentucky and Tennessee

OOPS SECOND NOTE:  UAB would not be 11 seed here, thought it need them for placement -- they will be a 12 seed below at larges.

-------------------------

change scenarios:  If Richmond wins the A-10 tournament, they enter as a 12 seed (non-play in, of course), Davidson drops from 10 seed to 11 in the play in the first four game.  Oklahoma drops out of tournament.

If Texas A&M wins the SEC championship title game, they stay an 11 seed but not in the play in game;  Wyoming drops to the play in.  No team is needed to be dropped since no team added to the field.

Do you think with a Davidson loss, they could move down to the 11 and we move up to a 10? I saw a great comparison of teams over the past 10 years with our metrics/resume and the average seed was 9.7. Could really see the committee giving us a 10 with a possible matchup with Kentucky as the 2 in the next round. Every year there seems to be a team get a much higher seed than originally expected and I think it may be us because of possible matchups.

3 hours ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

Do you think with a Davidson loss, they could move down to the 11 and we move up to a 10? I saw a great comparison of teams over the past 10 years with our metrics/resume and the average seed was 9.7. Could really see the committee giving us a 10 with a possible matchup with Kentucky as the 2 in the next round. Every year there seems to be a team get a much higher seed than originally expected and I think it may be us because of possible matchups.

In my seed list, if Davidson lost, they drop below Wyoming into the play in and the 11s above them shift up.  That would move IU to the top 11 and Virginia Tech into the bottom 10 seed.

USPS’s is likely the list you should pay more attention to.

Rutgers seems to be the most polarizing team.  I’ve seen them from in the last byes to not even in the first four out.  My opinion is more along the lines of the latter.

the good:

6 quad 1 wins.  12-8 conference record (which I think for overall resume is irrelevant)

the bad:

very weak non-con SOS

horrible bad losses including a home court quad 4 loss and a loss to Massachusetts.  

Bad efficiency metrics (70s) and bad NET (70s)

did not accumulate wins and only 4 over .500