Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Yes, the ACC champion won’t be in the First Four if VT holds on. But will feel better if 1 of VT/Texas AM wins

Yeah I know the ACC champion can’t get sent to Dayton if VT holds on.    IU isn’t competing with only VT and A&M.   It isn’t a if VT wins IU is in the first 4.  Hopefully I’m the only IU fan in Dayton Tuesday and Wednesday but you never know.   I still think they are clear from the first 4 even with a VT win 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah I know the ACC champion can’t get sent to Dayton if VT holds on.    IU isn’t competing with only VT and A&M.   It isn’t a if VT wins IU is in the first 4.  Hopefully I’m the only IU fan in Dayton Tuesday and Wednesday but you never know.   I still think they are clear from the first 4 even with a VT win 

Then again, this could all play out differently tomorrow 

20 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is from one of the bests 

I'm still very concerned that IU will get sent to first four.  Virginia Tech and A&M winning are not good scenarios for IU because that's two teams that can't be first found but get bids locked.  Looks like Virginia Tech is very much in control....not only are they outplaying Duke right now but every bounce is going their way.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I'm still very concerned that IU will get sent to first four.  Virginia Tech and A&M winning are not good scenarios for IU because that's two teams that can't be first found but get bids locked.  Looks like Virginia Tech is very much in control....not only are they outplaying Duke right now but every bounce is going their way.

Is there a rule that a First Four team can’t be an autobid? Surely not, as the sixteen seeds are autos

4 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Is there a rule that a First Four team can’t be an autobid? Surely not, as the sixteen seeds are autos

Yes the first 4 consists of the last 4 at-large teams and the last 4 teams on the seed line (65-68) which are always going to be auto bids from the low major conferences 

24 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

What about both a VT and A&M win?  from the scenario listed Rocco Miller wasn't mentioning Texas A&M.  Was he saying they were safely in/safely out regardless of result?

3 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

After further thought, we should be safe.

If, Texas AM wins tomorrow, say Hello to the First Four maybe

Yeah I tend to think IU’s safe. I’m not a bracketologist but I’d guess IU’s ahead of UM, Wyoming, Xavier, Notre Dame, Rutgers, SMU, Davidson, and Texas A&M. I’m not sure they’re all in, and of course two of them could clinch autobids tomorrow. But unless both Davidson and A&M win their conference championships, I doubt IU’s in Dayton.