Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

USPS — would Rutgers have been better off being the 5 seed instead of the 4?  

If they could of beaten Northwestern for another Q2 win maybe.  If they were a 5 then that would of been another opportunity for a worse loss though.   

Rutgers is going to be sweating on Sunday 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

If they could of beaten Northwestern for another Q2 win maybe.  If they were a 5 then that would of been another opportunity for a worse loss though.   

I just don’t see them.  Yeah, I get the quad 1 wins.  But they are an 18-13 team with 2 quad 3 losses, a quad 4 loss, a NET likely around 80 and POM if 75.  
Just my opinion, but their conference play needed great conference play to carry them in.  That had good conference play but not great.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Probably all depends on how you view their resume pre tournament I guess.  If you think they were relatively safe, 4 seed would be better because they didn’t need another win.  If not, probably 5 seed because it was an easier win to get.

11 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

USPS — in your experience, which do you see more often:

a team left out that shocks you or

a team that gets in that shocks you?

My inexperienced view is the second one happens more often.

I think they go hand in hand and changes each year.  Last year I was just as shocked Wichita St got in as I was Louisville got left out.    Can’t remember the year but when Air Force got an at-large I was shocked.  Tulsa a couple years ago surprised everyone.  There wasn’t as many projections back then but 0 had them in the field 

3 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

Our defense would destroy LSU’s undisciplined play imo 

They don’t even have notre dame in their first four out. Makes sense because their resume is terrible.

Whoops, meant to quote the Delphi bracket post.

2 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Iowa scares me

I might eat my words but they don’t scare me…we usually play them tough. They don’t play good defense either. Have to score well, but definitely beatable.

11 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

So is a 10 seed out of the question if we lose tomorrow?

Our NET appears to be on track for around a 10 seed currently so not out of the question, though I'm no expert.  I'd rather stay on the 11 line honestly.  7 vs 6 not much difference but 2 vs 3 is bigger imo. 

59 minutes ago, Southside said:

Can any of you stat heads tell me how our Offense has ranked lately compared to early season?

One way of splitting it: through the MSU game, adjusted efficiency of 1.06 points/possession, good for 92nd best in the country during that period, per Torvik.

Since then, 1.11 adjusted ppp, up to 63rd during the span.

Perhaps most crucially, scored more than 1/possession adjusted each game since then.

11 minutes ago, lillurk said:

One way of splitting it: through the MSU game, adjusted efficiency of 1.06 points/possession, good for 92nd best in the country during that period, per Torvik.

Since then, 1.11 adjusted ppp, up to 63rd during the span.

Perhaps most crucially, scored more than 1/possession adjusted each game since then.

Thanks my friend! You rock. I just wanted to confirm we indeed were seeing some improvement in the second half chunk. 

I found the last 3 efficiency which was not that great.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/offensive-efficiency