Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Just nice to see that even though we all acted like the world was ending last night and into this morning (rightfully so at this point)  that we at least still have something to cheer for and at least have a chance to make something happen even if it is unlikely we win at Purdue on Saturday

I think we all knew this. Hell we could lose Saturday and win the BTT. But the likely good of a lot of that happening is very low. That’s why Wednesday was important. Of course we still have a shot but right now we all know we squashed a great opportunity last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It's beyond an embarrassment to the sport that Iowa State can get in. 

Why?  They've won 20 games and beaten 7 likely tournament teams.  You think Rutgers is more deserving because they've got a winning conference record?    I don't see any Lafayette or Massachussetts losses on Iowa State's record.

Michigan down 19 to Iowa start of second half.  Loss would drop them to 16-13....and their last game is on the road at Ohio State.  Very easily could be looking at a 16-14 overall record.  

IU locked up in the 9 seed for the Big Ten tournament....might very well be playing Michigan.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Michigan down 19 to Iowa start of second half.  Loss would drop them to 16-13....and their last game is on the road at Ohio State.  Very easily could be looking at a 16-14 overall record.  

IU locked up in the 9 seed for the Big Ten tournament....might very well be playing Michigan.

I can't decide whether this is good or bad. Obviously want Michigan to lose all they can, as they are a bubble team, but I dont want to see them again in BTT. 

Just now, BtownStrength said:

I can't decide whether this is good or bad. Obviously want Michigan to lose all they can, as they are a bubble team, but I dont want to see them again in BTT. 

IMO, if you are on the bubble -- right side or wrong -- you are better off playing another bubble team.  If not, you have to have two things happen -- you win and the other bubble team lose.

The eight seed is likely going to be Iowa, Michigan, or Michigan State -- if Iowa beats Michigan today, believe it will be Michigan or Michigan State, but much more likely Michigan.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:28 AM, IUc2016 said:

Oh I know. but IU shouldn't have dropped for winning on the road, probably an outlier event but makes me laugh 

It's all pretty much worthless. There are only 68 numbers that matter; the Field. 

On 2/28/2022 at 8:13 PM, Uspshoosier said:

Not that I’m aware of.   They used to cap scoring margin at 10 but they got rid of that.   Teams should definitely keep starters in and keep the efficiency numbers up.   A couple of teams have done that over the years.   

MAJOR FLAW.

5 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Why?  They've won 20 games and beaten 7 likely tournament teams.  You think Rutgers is more deserving because they've got a winning conference record?    I don't see any Lafayette or Massachussetts losses on Iowa State's record.

I think anyone who can win in the largest chunk of their schedule is more deserving. 

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think anyone who can win in the largest chunk of their schedule is more deserving. 

So why even play non-conference games?

personally I think it’s more important to get the best at large teams, not one based on how many wins they had in one part of their season.

If teams just eliminated a couple of non-conference games from their schedule, every team could be in the tournament. There are 353 Division 1 basketball teams, in two games you are down to 88.

You'd have to figure in some bye games to make it work out, but why not let everyone have a shot?

Edited by RoadRage

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

So why even play non-conference games?

personally I think it’s more important to get the best at large teams, not one based on how many wins they had in one part of their season.

Because a team like Rutgers that'd 10-10 can lose in the first round just like Iowa State. So what's it matter?

Shoutout to Oregon for losing to Washington last night!

Somehow 13 loss Michigan is still in the byes???

Loyola loss to Bradley this afternoon would be awesome!

BYU losing tonight or tomorrow probably knocks them out.

Why am I still doing this?

Because it's not over til it's over.

I Didnt Hear No Bell Randy Marsh GIF - I Didnt Hear No Bell Randy Marsh  South Park - Discover & Share GIFs