Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

New matrix, IU drops to 1st 10 seed but is in a virtual tie with Oklahoma for last 9 seed. 28th of 36 at large teams.

Best Nebraska. Not asking a whole lot from these Hoosiers but we’ve been let down before in similar fashion. Not quite as worried this year and can’t wait to find out on Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Worth mentioning that we are in all 89 brackets. Also worth mentioning that there is over 90% agreement that the top 32 are in.  Quite a drop after that — the last four in being Wichita State, Stanford, Texas, and Richmond.  Only teams that are appearing on 25% or more of the brackets and not getting in are UCLA and Cincinnati.  

Of interest:  Stanford is the 7 seed in the PAC12 tourney, UCLA is the 2.  Stanford will play California in the opening round and if they win, they will play UCLA.  I think it would be difficult for both Stanford and UCLA to get into the tourney because of that matchup, but unless California beats both, could make it likely that one will.  That scenario would be fine for IU.

Noticed the Houston team was passing what looked like hand sanitizer around right before the game ended. Did not see Memphis doing this but I assume this is a virus prevention thing. Good idea if done before and after but might need during games too

I got curious what is the highest projected seed on the bracket matrix to be left out of the field. I only had to go back to 2018 to find USC was projected as a 10 seed on bracket matrix and was not selected. I believe they were 23-11, 12-6 in conference, though the Pac12 was awful that year. They ended the season 51 in KenPom. I don't know of a way to compare that resume to ours this year considering the NET and quad system has only been in place since last season (I think?). They were also projected in 173 of 187 brackets. I didn't go back many more years that that, but I didn't see any other teams projected higher than an 11 that got left out. Hopefully we get a couple more wins this week and make this irrelevant. But in case anyone else was wondering if its ever happened before that a projected 10 seed on the bracket matrix has been left out....it has. 

A little ncaa tournament reminder for B1G teams

If B1G teams only played once during the year then they can be matched up in the second round

If they played twice then the earliest they can matchup is the sweet 16

If they played 3 times then the earliest they can be matched up
is the regional final.

Last year Sparty player Minny in the second round

USPS:  was any team that had no Q3 or Q4 losses left out of the field last year?

I’m starting to get anxious that even if we beat Nebraska they find a way to keep us out because of our NET ranking.....a ranking that IMO defies reality when you lose a Q1 game in the last game of the season and drop 9 whole spots.

USPS:  was any team that had no Q3 or Q4 losses left out of the field last year?
I’m starting to get anxious that even if we beat Nebraska they find a way to keep us out because of our NET ranking.....a ranking that IMO defies reality when you lose a Q1 game in the last game of the season and drop 9 whole spots.

Without looking it up yet. IU was left out with no Q3 or Q 4 loss. Their only Q3 loss of the year came in the NIT game against Wichita St

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app