Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

Texas loses at home by 22 to Oklahoma State.

UCLA loses to USC.

UCLA was listed as the last team in the bracketmatrix;  Texas was third team.

Northern Iowa listed as second team out and has no opportunity to improve their spot as they lost to Drake badly in conference tournament.

43 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

LOL...just saw that Lunardi has Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas, and UCLA in and not even on his last four in.  Two have lost today, one is down 10 in the first half and the last (Stanford) has a game at Oregon.

If you think that's nuts, CBS is using Palm as their bracket deity ad nauseam and Palm's lack of accuracy is even more astounding.

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

If you think that's nuts, CBS is using Palm as their bracket deity ad nauseam and Palm's lack of accuracy is even more astounding.

Yep, Lunardi 55th out of 133 'bracketologists' in the last 5 year, Palm 85th.

Basically Lunardi is still doing at ESPN because he was doing it before most others and people know him because of it.  It certainly isn't for his accuracy.

Penn St. will be a quad 2 win tomorrow. We still have enough combined quad 1 and 2 wins to make a great case, and nearly all of them will be Q1a and Q2a, but we starterd this week with 6 quad 1 wins and will go into the BTT with 4. That scenario I pointed out of being 19-12, 9-11 with 4 quad 1 wins and a bad season ending loss to Nebraska is very real. We better not let that happen Wednesday. 

6 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Please lord, tiny baby Jesus, not even fully grown yet, let us get a 10 seed in the Dayton/San Diego state 1-seed/2-seed region. 

Wish granted. The 7 seed is UVA, we lose 47-12 and Archie gets taken to the packline woodshed. 

Just now, brumdog45 said:

Question, USPS:  is Marquette moving down toward the bubble, and if not, why?  Believe they just lost for the sixth time in seven games and are now 18-12

Hopefully assuming we have a transfer wouldn’t mind another chance at Garcia 

Question, USPS:  is Marquette moving down toward the bubble, and if not, why?  Believe they just lost for the sixth time in seven games and are now 18-12

Yes they are sliding down. I need to look at things after today’s games to see where everyone stands but they are trending down. Bracketville has IU ahead of them on the S-Curve before today’s games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yes they are sliding down. I need to look at things after today’s games to see where everyone stands but they are trending down. Bracketville has IU ahead of them on the S-Curve before today’s games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lost today at St.John's 88-86.  Were down big in the first half, scored 58 in the second half and still lost.  Ended regular season losing six of seven

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Yep, Lunardi 55th out of 133 'bracketologists' in the last 5 year, Palm 85th.

Basically Lunardi is still doing at ESPN because he was doing it before most others and people know him because of it.  It certainly isn't for his accuracy.

ESPN is a train wreck! The only purpose they serve me is games. Sort of like the fake news of sports. I certainly don't want to turn to a sports channel and be lectured about politics,  from either side. 

PS- I used to love ESPN

Just now, cbp4iu said:

If only Cincy Utah State and Oklahoma would have lost.... Would have been a great day for IU with the loss.

Running about .500....UCLA lost, Texas lost, Xavier lost.  Arizona State won, Oklahoma won, Utah State won, Cincinnati won....oh, and IU lost.

The Rutgers/Purdue game was one that was going to be good/bad for us.  A Purdue win left open a small possibility that by the end of the season both could be ahead of us;  a loss by Purdue would eliminate them passing us but make it a bigger possibility that Rutgers would.