Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I have Memphis 9th out. AAC is basically just one big bubble conference. Houston is the safest and they are a 8 seed for me. Most dangerous team in the AAC tourney might be UConn

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm rooting for Houston to win the conference to avoid a stolen bid.  If not them, Wichita State.

It's a funny conference because of the there is a four game separation from 1st to 7th but a three game separation from 7th to 8th.  The bottom four teams in the conference is just really bad and have helped inflate everyone's win totals.  Of course you could say something similar about the Big Ten (6 game seperation between 1st and 12th, 5 between 12th and 13th) but Big Ten teams only benefitted by playing Nebraska and Northwestern in basically 3 out of 20 conference games.  In the AAC, it's more like 7 out of 18 against the bottom four.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Utah st up 3 on New Mexico in the 2nd half.

4 bubble games on all at once. Bubble overload down in the college basketball room

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Conference tournament game for Utah State, correct?  Would have to think a loss moves them out with no chance to recover.

Interesting team sheet fact

IU played 18 (19 after Wisky)top 50 NET teams

20 top 65 teams

21 of their regular season games were against top 94 NET teams

9 games were NET 122 or lower with 3 of those to conference opponents

Remember when SOS was a concern. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

bracketmatrix just updated for brackets posted before today's games were played (so would have included our win yesterday).

10 seeds:

Xavier, USC, Indiana, Oklahoma

11 seeds

Rutgers, Wichita State, Stanford, Cincinnati

12 seeds

Texas, UCLA

IU listed as in the tournament on 80 of the 81 brackets. 

Not a good day for those teams that played in this list:

Xavier lost at Providence 80-74

Wichita State lost at Memphis 68-60

Stanford lost at Oregon State 68-65

Arizona State was higher up on the average seed line (9) but probably dropped to mostly 10s on people's brackets with their loss to Washington.

For those teams listed as first four out (Utah St, Richmond,Purdue, NC State), Utah State survived a scare against New Mexico State in the MWC quarterfinals.

5 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

IMG_4669.jpg

This is Tim Krueger, I know this isn’t that realistic, but I feel like this is an amazing draw for us.

That is a great draw as a 9 seed. i have a feeling though if IU is a 9 seed they will be in Kansas's region. 

Northern Iowa down 10 at half to Drake. Are they a threat for an at-large bid?  36 in the Net with a 25-5 record. 
Q1: 1-1
Q2: 3-2
2 Q3 losses. 

Probably not for me but I need to dive deeper into the team sheets when it gets closer. They will definitely be considered

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

Northern Iowa down 10 at half to Drake. Are they a threat for an at-large bid?  36 in the Net with a 25-5 record. 

2 Q3 losses. 

bracketmatrix had them one spot below the last at-large berth.  So borderish with the loss to Drake and I would say more likely than not they aren't in, especially since other spots being stolen would like bump them out if they were sneaking at the border.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

bracketmatrix had them one spot below the last at-large berth.  So borderish with the loss to Drake and I would say more likely than not they aren't in, especially since other spots being stolen would like bump them out if they were sneaking at the border.

my thoughts as well. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

2 Q3 losses. 

bracketmatrix up for games through yesterday.

9 seeds:  Florida, Providence, USC, Indiana

10 seeds:  Texas Tech, Arizona St, Oklahoma, Xavier

11 seeds:  Rutgers, Wichita State, Stanford, Texas

12 seeds:  Cincinnati, UCLA

First four out:

Utah State, Richmond, Purdue, NC State

That's ten at large teams below IU.  IF that were true, IU not beating either Wisky or a play in game in the BTT would keep them out.

FWIW:  Teams from Rutgers up are in at least 89 of the 93 brackets;  the iffy teams start below Rutgers (Wichita State, Stanford, Texas, Cincy, and UCLA).    Of those teams, only Cincy (48) and UCLA (59) are in less than 60 brackets (UCLA likely is in more brackets because some keep them as a placeholder for a PAC 12 champion as they co-lead the conference -- hard to evaluate them as an at large bid should they not win the PAC 12 title because of this).  Of the teams not projected in the field, Utah State is in 38 brackets, Richmond is in 30, Purdue 25, and NC State is in 17.  

Really only three games of consequence tonight and all three are in the consensus first four out:  Utah St. v Wyoming (Wyoming with only 9 wins, Utah St shouldn't lose and if they do, they done);  Richmond at Duquesne (important one -- Duquesne is okay and is only a one point dog);  and Wake Forest at NC State (NC State can't afford a loss at this point).

Definitely wasn’t misquoted, one of the “blogger boys” (lol) posted video of it. He’s clearly frustrated by the idiocy that Lunardi and the rest of ESPN is spitting on the nation’s biggest stage about our resumé. It really is ridiculous. 

I think he is more frustrated by the losses. I like that he is showing fire. Whiteboards, assistant coaches and mediocre bracket guys are fair game. He has been a little more willing to go at players as well and he may need to do more of this.

One win does not make or break a season but life on or near the bubble is uncomfortable. I still think we are in but I don’t like that we have given ammo to the mediocre bracket guys and doubt even for us fans.