Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

I am going to the Big Ten tournament on Thursday and Friday.  My feeling is that if I see IU play, they are a lock to be in the tournament because that would mean they had 20 or 21 wins.
I am the key, ladies and gentlemen,

I will be there Wednesday and Thursday, possibly Friday if IU makes it to Friday. I can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Florida State leads for a total of twenty seconds as they come back and beat Notre Dame.  The Irish had a 61-48 lead before giving up 13 straight points.  Seminoles make a put back with 3.8 seconds left to break a 66-66 tie.  Irish have a half court shot go off the back of the rim at the buzzer that would have won it.

Probably keeps Notre Dame from getting any talk about at large.

Florida State leads for a total of twenty seconds as they come back and beat Notre Dame.  The Irish had a 61-48 lead before giving up 13 straight points.  Seminoles make a put back with 3.8 seconds left to break a 66-66 tie.  Irish have a half court shot go off the back of the rim at the buzzer that would have won it.

Keeps our win against against Florida St a Quad 1A win.

UPS -- where do you have Oklahoma?  I can't see why they are safely in.  Bracketmatrix is getting updated now from this morning's ratings and both IU and Oklahoma are listed as 10s, but Oklahoma is rated as the first 10 and IU the last.  I simply can't fathom that.

Non con Sos over 300 keeping them out of any at large conversation even if they won this game

UPS -- where do you have Oklahoma?  I can't see why they are safely in.  Bracketmatrix is getting updated now from this morning's ratings and both IU and Oklahoma are listed as 10s, but Oklahoma is rated as the first 10 and IU the last.  I simply can't fathom that.

Who is UPS? Lol

I have them as 10 seed behind IU(9 seed) in the S-Curve and that was before Oklahoma lost and IU won. I would have to do a seed scrubbing to see where they stack up. Probably do that over the weekend

What’s the highest seed line Indiana could make? Say the biggest miracle of the world happens and we win out. We beat NW, then beat Iowa, then beat Illinois, then beat Michigan State and then beat Maryland?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 seed most likely, possibly a 4 seed depending on what others do
Hypothetically that would give them 10 Q1 wins to go along with 4 Q2 wins
Too many losses to get a higher seed then those I would guess but for reference
Baylor has 11 Q1 wins as of today and 5 Q2 wins as a projected 1 seed

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

What’s the highest seed line Indiana could make? Say the biggest miracle of the world happens and we win out. We beat NW, then beat Iowa, then beat Illinois, then beat Michigan State and then beat Maryland?

I have to think a 4-seed is the ceiling. If we are “ranked” around 35-40th right now, you’d have to think about what we would be ranked if that run of games happened to end our regular season. I think winning those five games against those teams, based on Michigan, Iowa, etc. being ranked 18th and 24th in the AP polls, would move us up into the 12–16 AP ranking if it happened as a part of the regular conference season over the last two weeks of our schedule. So you would kind of think it would do the same or similar if we did it in the conference tourney. 

Isn’t there some precedent here to look back at? Didn’t Iowa make a pretty Cinderella run of like 4-games in four days to win the conference tourney and go from a bubble team to maybe a 5-seed I’m thinking it was maybe back in the Luke Recker days?? Any historians help my memory here?

I have to think a 4-seed is the ceiling. If we are “ranked” around 35-40th right now, you’d have to think about what we would be ranked if that run of games happened to end our regular season. I think winning those five games against those teams, based on Michigan, Iowa, etc. being ranked 18th and 24th in the AP polls, would move us up into the 12–16 AP ranking if it happened as a part of the regular conference season over the last two weeks of our schedule. So you would kind of think it would do the same or similar if we did it in the conference tourney. 

Isn’t there some precedent here to look back at? Didn’t Iowa make a pretty Cinderella run of like 4-games in four days to win the conference tourney and go from a bubble team to maybe a 5-seed I’m thinking it was maybe back in the Luke Recker days?? Any historians help my memory here?

UConn with Kemba Walker would be the example. They finished 9-9 in their conference and got the 9 seed in their conference before winning 5 conference tournament games and then went on to win the NCAA championship as a 3 seed

I’ve thought about this. I think a 5 seed if we win out. I think an 11 seed of we lose out. Just conjecture.

We win out and we are 25-11 heading into the NCAA Tourney. I just want another win. We haven’t won 20 games since 2016.

We win out and we are 25-11 heading into the NCAA Tourney. I just want another win. We haven’t won 20 games since 2016.

Edit: We have won 25+ games since 2013. We haven’t won in the 20-24 game are since 2015.

A win Saturday against Wisconsin ensures a first round bye in the bigten tournament but a loss cements IU as the 11 seed. This game has huge implications on both BigTen and NCAA tournament seedings. 

Definitely has implications for NCAA. But a win on Saturday only ensures a CHANCE that IU will get a first round bye next week.

Purdue would have to lose their game on Sunday, or Michigan has to lose both of their remaining games. If neither of those happens, Iu will play on Wednesday regardless of the outcome against Wisconsin.