Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

USPS -- First time caller, long time listener.  if the following were to happen entering into the BTT, which of the following would you have ranked highest and lowest on the S curve:

IU beats Minnesota, loses to Wisky (record 19-12/9-11)

Rutgers loses to Purdue (record 19-12 but one of those wasn't D1, 10-10)

Purdue beats Rutgers (record of 17-14, 10-10).

I'll hang up and listen.

IU, Rutgers, Purdue

IU still would have the best resume out of the 3 entering the BTT in my opinion

IU would have 5 Q1 (3q1a)wins and 4 Q2a wins

with 0 losses outside the NET 47

Sos-51

4 wins away from home

Rutgers would still only have 1 win away from home. They would be making history if they got selected with 1 win away from home

They would have 4Q1 wins (1qa) and 4Q2a wins and 2 losses outside the net top 100 (one of those losses a Q3 loss)

Sos-38

Purdue would still be only 3 games over .500 and for them to have a chance at being 4 games over .500 they will have to win 2 games in the B1G tourney. Purdue is in IU’s shoes last year. They need more wins. Purdue would probably be better off if they got to play in the 11-14 games to try and gain a win. Because even if they enter 17-14 and end up matched against Ohio St and lose they will be 17-15 and I don’t see anyway they would get in

They would have 3Q1 wins (1Qa) and 6 Q2a wins and would have 2 losses outside the NET top 55 (1 of those to 194)

Sos-45

Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Needless to say although this is only a Q2 game this is a massive game for IU. Win this and give yourself a little breathing room or lose it and and start feeling the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Needless to say although this is only a Q2 game this is a massive game for IU. Win this and give yourself a little breathing room or lose it and and start feeling the pressure.

Trying to not pee myself on account of this game.

Thanks to you, I feel like I need Depends now.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

IU, Rutgers, Purdue

IU still would have the best resume out of the 3 entering the BTT in my opinion

IU would have 5 Q1 (3q1a)wins and 4 Q2a wins

with 0 losses outside the NET 47

Sos-51

4 wins away from home

Rutgers would still only have 1 win away from home. They would be making history if they got selected with 1 win away from home

They would have 4Q1 wins (1qa) and 4Q2a wins and 2 losses outside the net top 100 (one of those losses a Q3 loss)

Sos-38

Purdue would still be only 3 games over .500 and for them to have a chance at being 4 games over .500 they will have to win 2 games in the B1G tourney. Purdue is in IU’s shoes last year. They need more wins. Purdue would probably be better off if they got to play in the 11-14 games to try and gain a win. Because even if they enter 17-14 and end up matched against Ohio St and lose they will be 17-15 and I don’t see anyway they would get in

They would have 3Q1 wins (1Qa) and 6 Q2a wins and would have 2 losses outside the NET top 55 (1 of those to 194)

Sos-45

Just my opinion

Who's SOS are those?  are they what are on the team sheets.....because they are WAY out of whack with what Pom or Sagarin would say.  Pom has IU's at #12 right now and Sagarin has it at #11.  In fact, Pom and Sagarin are incredibly consistent with each other in terms of SOS.  I am discouraged to think the NCAA is using SOS values that don't really match with reality.

Stephen F. Austin is interesting.  NET and Pom ratings aren't good (in the 80s and 101).  But they are 27-3 and do have a road win at Duke.  Really only three games of mention on their schedule (at Alabama, at Duke, and at Rutgers) and lost two.  One head scratching home loss to a horrible Texas A&M Corpus Christi team.

Now, they aren't going to get an at large berth if they don't win their conference tournament.  Any loss in their conference tourney would give them another bad loss.  But something interesting could happen.....if they win their last home game and two games in their conference tournament, they would be 30-3 and could still miss the tournament if they lose their conference title game.

Question:  has any thirty-win regular season team ever been excluded from the tournament?

Who's SOS are those?  are they what are on the team sheets.....because they are WAY out of whack with what Pom or Sagarin would say.  Pom has IU's at #12 right now and Sagarin has it at #11.  In fact, Pom and Sagarin are incredibly consistent with each other in terms of SOS.  I am discouraged to think the NCAA is using SOS values that don't really match with reality.

Those are overall SOS from the team sheets. Pretty much they use rpi strength of schedule. That’s what some that dig into the numbers have found out

Wasn't that long ago where Georgetown was creeping into some people's brackets.  About to lose their fifth straight as they are down 25 at half at Creighton and 15-15/5-12 in the Big East.  Next game is against Villanova.  Good chance they aren't even eligible for the NIT.

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Wasn't that long ago where Georgetown was creeping into some people's brackets.  About to lose their fifth straight as they are down 25 at half at Creighton and 15-15/5-12 in the Big East.  Next game is against Villanova.  Good chance they aren't even eligible for the NIT.

Patrick Ewing experiment failing hard 

Tourney bound baby!!! I love being wrong about this team! Finish strong and build a little momentum going into the B1G Tourney. I know we don’t ever show out in the B1G but man our path is looking pretty favorable even as the 11 seed! Way to go boys! Hoo Hoo Hoo!!!

4 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Tourney bound baby!!! I love being wrong about this team! Finish strong and build a little momentum going into the B1G Tourney. I know we don’t ever show out in the B1G but man our path is looking pretty favorable even as the 11 seed! Way to go boys! Hoo Hoo Hoo!!!

I don't think we're in until we're a 9 seed or better which would probably require a 20th win or more. With how wacky this season has been, there will likely be several multi bid conferences with bubble or worse teams either gaining the auto bid or adding several Quad 1 wins on their way if they don't get the auto bid.

13 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Agree with your post based on quads, but still can’t get myself to ever feel like losing two games to Purdue isn’t “bad.”

Also giving away games to Arkansas and Maryland . 

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The Archie Miller Era to Date:

Year One: 16-15, no tourney

Year Two: 19-16, NIT

Year Three: 19-11, NCAA

Year Four: NCAA Tourney is a given...Ranked

Please don't get ahead of yourself and put NCAA in year three just yet.  I think we're there but.....you know....the NCAA committee.

I don't think we're in until we're a 9 seed or better which would probably require a 20th win or more. With how wacky this season has been, there will likely be several multi bid conferences with bubble or worse teams either gaining the auto bid or adding several Quad 1 wins on their way if they don't get the auto bid.

What’s crazy is prior to that game we were a 9 seed due to most brackets out there. I still would like to win Saturday. If we end up playing on the first day at 10-10 what do you do? That’s just a strong @$$ conference. Take care of business and I think we could get to a 7/8 seed or so. Saturday is huge.