Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Bracketology and Team Resumes

The hits keep coming from Purdue winning last night. They may now play their way in, they virtually guarantee we have to play on Wednesday in the BTT, that adds an chance at a bad loss to our schedule, and Iowa moved down to 35 in the NET so we lost a quad 1 win. All in that one game. And Iowa finishes on the road at Illinois. Penn St. also fell to 30 so we barely hang on to another quad 1 win. If they choke at NW, that one goes away too. We won't do ourselves any favors at all by just winning one now, especially if that one is Minnesota. If we are 19-13 with 4 quad 1 wins and a season ending loss to Nebraska......yikes. I am (N)ot (I)n (T)o that!

Purdue cost themselves a Q1 win by winning on the road at Iowa. Luckily for them the committee will look at the numbers and not just where they are located in the Quads. Iu gained a Q1A game today. So they have 3 Q1a wins which if they fall to the cut line will be a positive for them to have 3 top 15 wins

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good point. Another quick scan of the NET rankings.....does any bubble team have a road win against UCLA or a home win against St. Mary's? Looks like those would have flipped to quad 1 wins now. 

Stanford and USC.

Hofstra and cal st Fullerton gain a Q1 win as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

53 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Purdue cost themselves a Q1 win by winning on the road at Iowa. Luckily for them the committee will look at the numbers and not just where they are located in the Quads. Iu gained a Q1A game today. So they have 3 Q1a wins which if they fall to the cut line will be a positive for them to have 3 top 15 wins

I might be behind the 8-ball on this one, but what is a "Quad 1a" win/game?  Are quad 1 games further subcategorized?  If so, please explain for the uninitiated.

I might be behind the 8-ball on this one, but what is a "Quad 1a" win/game?  Are quad 1 games further subcategorized?  If so, please explain for the uninitiated.

Yes Q1 and Q2 are broken down even further into
Q1A and Q1B. Q2a and Q2b

Q1A
H-1-15. N-1-25. A-1-40

Q1B
H-16-30. N 26-50. A- 41-75

Q2a
H-31-55. N-51-75. A- 76-100

Q2b
H-56-75. N-76-100. A-101-135

They are separated like that on the team sheets

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Q1A and Q1B. Q2a and Q2b

Q1A
H-1-15. N-1-25. A-1-40

Q1B

Q2a

Q2b

you know, I never paid any attention to why they were separated.  Thanks for the info, as always.

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Q1A and Q1B. Q2a and Q2b

Q1A
H-1-15. N-1-25. A-1-40

Q1B

Q2a

Q2b

News to me. Good to know!

What’s that got to do with anything? Didn’t they also gain 1? On the road.

I’m more concerned about IU’s resume.

You said ouch. Losing a Q1 game for beating a team that fell to a Q2 game seems like the definition of ouch. Yes they ended up being even because they gained one but a team that is 16-14 overall and 3-9 in Q1 games needs all they can get. Nothing changed in IU’s resume IU had 5 top 35 wins before last night and IU has 5 top 35 wins today. Speaking of IU’s resume IU gained another Q1a game today which means they have 3 top 15 wins.

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

What’s that got to do with anything? Didn’t they also gain 1? On the road.

I’m more concerned about IU’s resume.

Its important to note because, if they had lost, their original win over Iowa at home would've stayed as a quad 1 win.  Now that Iowa dropped to 35 in the NET, their original quad 1 win against them dropped to a quad 2.  In addition to the number of Quad 1 wins a team has, the committee has stated before that they also look at the number of games played in quad 1 as well.

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

You said ouch. Losing a Q1 game for beating a team that fell to a Q2 game seems like the definition of ouch. Yes they ended up being even because they gained one but a team that is 16-14 overall and 3-9 in Q1 games needs all they can get. Nothing changed in IU’s resume IU had 6 top 35 wins before last night and IU has 6 top 35 wins today. Speaking of IU’s resume IU gained another Q1a game today which means they have 3 top 15 wins.

Just curious what’s your endgame in my bracketology thread?

The response was just strange to me. I was commenting on IU's resume.  

Endgame? I'm not sure what you mean. I think you provide good info. I just have more of a glass-is-half-empty outlook on this year's tournament hopes for IU. 

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Maybe it's been said, but what Q1A game did we gain yesterday?  (nevermind -- see Ohio State bumped up to 15)

FWIW, obviously there is going to be a bit of teams bumping in and out of Q1A, Q1B, and Q2 in the last couple of games + conference tournaments.

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not strange just cautious. Lately as you can see it just seems people want to hijack every thread and turn it into a blast the program and fill each thread with negativity. I try to keep this thread on topic as possible and I’m very protective of it as a whole since I put a ton of work. If your endgame was to come in here and drop negative little comments each time something doesn’t go IU’s way I was going to ask you to take it to another thread but it you want good bracketology discussion without trying to derail it then keep posting

I get it. My bearishness about this squad can come across as negative. Working on that.

USPS -- First time caller, long time listener.

if the following were to happen entering into the BTT, which of the following would you have ranked highest and lowest on the S curve:

IU beats Minnesota, loses to Wisky (record 19-12/9-11)

Rutgers loses to Purdue (record 19-12 but one of those wasn't D1, 10-10)

Purdue beats Rutgers (record of 17-14, 10-10).

I'll hang up and listen.

59 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

You said ouch. Losing a Q1 game for beating a team that fell to a Q2 game seems like the definition of ouch. Yes they ended up being even because they gained one but a team that is 16-14 overall and 3-9 in Q1 games needs all they can get. Nothing changed in IU’s resume IU had 5 top 35 wins before last night and IU has 5 top 35 wins today. Speaking of IU’s resume IU gained another Q1a game today which means they have 3 top 15 wins.

So Purdue fans should be rooting big time for Iowa in their last game as they travel to Illinois since they beat Iowa twice and ls to Illinois twice.....although couldn't that potentially turn a Q1 loss to Illinois to a Q2 loss if Iowa beats them?

21 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

So Purdue fans should be rooting big time for Iowa in their last game as they travel to Illinois since they beat Iowa twice and ls to Illinois twice.....although couldn't that potentially turn a Q1 loss to Illinois to a Q2 loss if Iowa beats them?

nah, the loss to Illinois was on the road...Quad 1 road games span from NET 1 - 75.  Illinois is currently 36 in the NET.  Although (now that I have learned this exists), it could turn a Quad 1a loss into a Quad 1b loss, if they were to drop below 40...