Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU Football Ranked!

Nicole Auerbach really went to bat for IU on the BTN. She was spot on and can’t thank her enough for that! Just think it’s funny that outside the CFB Playoff committee and Iowa St., Florida, and Georgia, the entire country is stating how IU got screwed. If that isn’t telling then idk what is! IU got screwed, no other way around it!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

**** the CFP.

I hope we beat the **** out of Iowa next season and ***** Barta can go **** himself. The politicking of college football is on another level. It’s amazing that 99% of the country can see it but the CFP committee is blind. **** them!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Tell us how you really feel?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Despite the fact Indiana may lose a couple recruits who have hopes of one day playing in a national championship and who rightfully believe Indiana will never be taken seriously by the morons in charge of bowl games and the playoffs, Tom Allen will be rewarded with far more recruits for remaining the type of leader he is.  What parents wouldn't look at him or read his quotes and say to themselves, "This is an example of a man I want to have my son playing for and to have him learn from?" 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/tom-allen-dismisses-disrespect-focuses-on-opportunity-in-outback-bowl

IU just needs to blast Ole Miss and make laughing stocks of the committee.  It will only go so far, but it will help with recruiting.

I posted yesterday about Tom Izzo always acting like a cry baby and placing blame elsewhere anytime something doesn't go his way. Tom Allen is a polar opposite. 

Contrary to your post, I found this article which is well written and full of truth.  Like you and this author, I know Indiana was in no way rewarded appropriately or fairly.  Still, it is quite clear nothing can be gained by the program by choosing to bow out of a well-respected bowl game due to issues of entitlement.  Apparently they have more to prove to some boneheads, and the only way to add more proof they belonged elsewhere against a better opponent and to gain momentum for next season is to make a bold statement on the field January 2nd.
https://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/as-some-fans-want-iu-to-opt-out-of-the-outback-bowl-i-say-get-real-iu-needs-this/2020/12/21

Great article!

I’d be perfectly happy with IU winning (big) the coach Allen sending the CFP committee a bunch of IU and #LEO swag.

**** the Big Ten and CFP committee

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

59 minutes ago, ray said:

Contrary to your post, I found this article which is well written and full of truth.  Like you and this author, I know Indiana was in no way rewarded appropriately or fairly.  Still, it is quite clear nothing can be gained by the program by choosing to bow out of a well-respected bowl game due to issues of entitlement.  Apparently they have more to prove to some boneheads, and the only way to add more proof they belonged elsewhere against a better opponent and to gain momentum for next season is to make a bold statement on the field January 2nd.

https://hoosierhuddle.com/hoosier-blog/as-some-fans-want-iu-to-opt-out-of-the-outback-bowl-i-say-get-real-iu-needs-this/2020/12/21

Saying I’m fine if IU declined the bowl game is a long way from saying IU should or needs to decline the bowl game. If the kids want to play, by all means...get after it. Because trust me, sending an IU squad to a disrespectful bowl game they don’t want to play in (and without all the fun activities that usually go along with a bowl game) won’t be good for the brand

Hypothetical question: How much did our COVID outbreak hurt us?

Let's assume we don't have an outbreak (I am assuming PU does) and we are able to play against Iowa championship week? Do we get into a New Year's 6 by beating solely Iowa? Do we get in if we play both the Bucket Game and beat Iowa if neither IU or Purdue has outbreak?

I don't want to hear we were screwed (which we were) and committee hates IU, but reasonably does an Iowa and/or Purdue win get us into New Year's 6 under same circumstances otherwise? 

Let's assume we don't have an outbreak (I am assuming PU does) and we are able to play against Iowa championship week? Do we get into a New Year's 6 by beating solely Iowa? Do we get in if we play both the Bucket Game and beat Iowa if neither IU or Purdue has outbreak?
I don't want to hear we were screwed (which we were) and committee hates IU, but reasonably does an Iowa and/or Purdue win get us into New Year's 6 under same circumstances otherwise? 

I believe so.

At 8-1 with a win over a team with a winning record (Iowa) and a win against a not so great purdoodoo? You’d think we would have jumped two 3 loss teams but.. I could have easily seen the committee ignore that. They were setting up the Big 12 early on to get them either a playoff team or a couple into NY6 bowls.

What would have helped IU the most was Michigan and psu having respectable seasons. When they tanked that hurt IU the most.

8 hours ago, Aaron said:

Honestly I don't think it does. Beating Purdue alone would not have moved the needle at all. Beating Iowa would have given us one quality win but at that point I believe they would have just valued Iowa State's wins over Oklahoma, Texas and Oklahoma St. over our win over Iowa. Even though in my opinion a 8-1 resume with wins over Iowa, Wisconsin and a close loss to OSU (which is being propped up as 1 of OSU's great wins) is equal or better than a 8-3 resume w/ close wins over Oklahoma, Ok St. and Texas but includes loses to K State and a Sun Belt team. 

One thing I've thought was interesting for a while is how much Penn St. ended up not helping our resume. I still believe that we just totally took the air out of their tires. They had one single chance to save their season after losing to us, the following week against OSU. Starting 0-2 completely killed all of their goals for the season, and they played like they knew that. If they had played their schedule in reverse, I wouldn't be surprised if they were a 7-2 team ranked in the top 20, 6-3 at worst. In which case, if we were able to count that as a quality win, along with closing the season out with Iowa, yes, absolutely we'd be ahead of Iowa St...and probably more teams.